Killarney Towers Hotel & Leisure Centre
Priceline
The Ross(Killarney)
US$264
  • Restaurant
The Heights Hotel Killarney(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$226
Travelocity
US$431
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat locationtour groupbuffet stylejacuzzi bathnice hotelleisure centrebreakfast and dinnerper daytwo nightscentral locationthe pubmiddle of townirish musicpubs and restaurantshotel barbed was very comfortabletwo night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2006

My hotel reviews are usually limited to a few words and a handfull of photos.Enough to give a fast,instant impression of a hotel I hope. Got to make an exception here to clarify some of the points others have made which certainly distorted the way I pictured this fine hotel. The expected hell-hole I was coming to for a three day stay on a tour turned out to be a very enjoyable experience.

Yes,It's a very busy touristy hotel,mainly Americans.Lots of activity going on as they arrive,depart and wander about on their excursions.No problem.The staff are well organised and things run like clockwork.
The comments in reviews about 'noise' and 'condition of rooms' etc were quite scary.......but turned out to be exagerated,and easily rectified.
The amplified 'music' in the hotel bar is definitely too loud and there's a 'Scruffy's' pub/disco bar adjoining the hotel which is open into the early hours. Rooms near these activities will of course be affected by the racket. Fortunately,the layout of the hotel stretches a whole block.Rooms are located either side of a long corridor on each floor so putting a little distance from the problem solves it. Fellow travellers on my coach were scattered along the first floor corridor, and all had peaceful nights. (Rooms 109 onwards)
I was wary of the room situation and mentioned my concerns to reception staff. Found ‘em extremely helpful and considerate. They gave me a choice of rooms to look at until I felt happy. (I settled for Room 140 at the rear of the hotel facing a cinema.....a 'smoking' room and a bit of street noise...but what the heck !?) Any building work around the exterior appears to have been completed.
Noone had problems with uncomfortable beds,cleanliness or anything else for that matter.Power-shower worked fine,towels changed as required. Perhaps the corridors are looking a bit weary thru all the activity.....but it ain't DIRT.Just a few marks on walls from baggage etc.
I can't believe that guy found a centipede in his bed.For heaven's sake - this is Ireland,not perrishin' Sri Lanka ! Mind you,a few pints of the local brew can result in pixies prancing around your wardrobe and the occasional pink elephant in your bath.

The restaurant is particularly busy but well organised. No romantic corners here. The tour groups are allocated time slots to allow adequate re-stocking of the buffets. It works well, and the food is delicious. You could do yourself serious damage by exploding from cheesecake & whipped cream.
Breakfasts menus are aimed at the Brit /American tourists. Flapjacks & maple syrup,'Full English Breakfast', porridge,cereals,juices,fresh fruit etc,but European continentals would miss the cold meats and cheeses,choices of bread & Danish pastries.

There are so many Americans visiting this hotel.If you are considering a Killarney coach tour then there's a fair chance THIS is where you'll stay. Relax! It’s OK!.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
26  Thank Trellis
Reviewed 29 October 2006

My husband and I spent 3 nights here as part of a tour group. We found the hotel to be fair. When we travel, all we ask is for a clean, quiet, non-smoking room, with adequate room to unpack our suitcases -- we weren't disappointed here. My only complaint would be that the staff goofed on my wake-up call. They rang ONE HOUR later than requested, which caused my husband and I to be in a flurry and barely able to grab breakfast before the departure of our tour bus. Breakfasts were nice -- lots of choices. In terms of room location, we were plenty far from the bar, which is ideal as it tends to get loud late at night. Also, try to stay away from the kitchen side of the hotel -- tends to make the room smelly, as my parents encountered. Our room faced west with a lovely view of the mountains. In terms of location, the hotel is in the middle of Killarney, making it ideal to explore the town on foot. We loved the love, traditional Irish music at the Grand Hotel Pub. Also, if you're looking for a fabulous meal (and are willing to pay a little extra) try Foley's, known for their seafood. It was by far the best meal we had during our week stay in Ireland.

Stayed: September 2006
4  Thank jlbusk
Reviewed 30 August 2006

Date 30th August 2006
Reviewer A Tripadvisor Member from Northern Ireland

We have just returned from a holiday with a tour group. We found this hotel to be clean and comfortable with an abundant supply of nice food for both breakfast and dinner.

The staff at reception were pleasant and helpful and the lobby area was bright and comfortable.

The bedroom was average size with both a double bed and a single bed and the bathroom was clean and supplied with fresh towels daily.

There was some noise at night coming from the bar downstairs but this finished at 12.30 at weekends and 11.30 during the week. Some members of our group had rooms above the front door and were troubled with music from the night club and the street outside until very late. It would be best to request a room at the back of the hotel.

The dining room is very busy but the staff are most efficient and pleasant. The meals are buffet style and there is plenty of variety. Our only criticism is that the meals are a little bit rushed as each group has a special time to dine so you feel that you cannot linger as the tables have to be cleared for the next group.

All and all we had a pleasant stay at the Killarney Towers.

• Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank clicktyclick
Reviewed 28 August 2006

I stayed in the Towers Hotel recently with my elderly in laws who needed a quiet break with a lot of assistance and home comforts to make a trip away from Dublin comfortable. They traveled from Dublin by train and really enjoyed the trip down and found that the hotels central location was a convenient stroll from the train station. On arrival their needs were discussed thoroughly with lovely staff who were friendly, patient and attentive for the five night stay.
The room appointed to them was perfect as it was a large room with two beds located at a section which would guarantee a quiet night. It was easily accessed and close to the lift. Hence with the hotel so central to the town they found that they could take strolls and enjoy the buzz of the town without feeling exhausted. One day they even availed of a horse and trap trip which was arranged to pick them up from the hotel entrance and bring them through the scenic Gap of Dunlow.

I know they really enjoyed it and are looking forward to making the trip again.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Rectangle
Reviewed 24 August 2006

The location was perfect and the hotel looks attractive. The lobby was nice to sit in and the pub next door was OK but crowded and the music over amplified.
The rooms were a good size and comfortable and clean and not too noisy. We had the breakfast which wasn't as good as some places but quite adequate. The TV had German instructions for the pay TV channels which we didn't use and German MTV.
Parking was tight but free if you could find a space, which we did as most people seemed to be on coach tours.
My 13 year old couldn't use the pool after 8 pm which was annoying and they made you buy swimming caps at E2.50 each.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family