“Pure excellence”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Pure excellence”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a treat to ourselves the first weekend in Feb. We were delighted with the whole weekend from start to finish. Ciara @ reception was an absolute pleasure to deal with and made our stay that much more enjoyable. There were two main highlights of the hotel... 1. the mini fridge in the room and 2. the pitta melt in the lane bar. The pitta melt was so good that we talked about it for about a week afterwards!The room was gorgeous,the bed was fantastic...could have stayed in it all weekend! We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday evening- the place was packed, had a great atmosphere and we were attentively looked after. Overall we could not find one single fault about the hotel and will recommend it to all of our friends who want a memorable weekend away!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcknley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Dublin
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights recently for the second time. Couldn't have wished for better. From the inital friendly welcome at check-in, the service was perfect. Staff very friendly and went beyond what you would expect.Bright, modern layout, but not gaudy or tacky. Comfortable rooms, bathrooms. Excellent location for exploring Killarney. Would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hobara
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Our one night stay here really ticked our boxes.This is a stunning mordern design boutique hotel with luxurious rooms that include a spacious wardrobe, small concealed fridge and choice of bath or shower in spacious bathroom.
Unfortunately we didn't get the opportunity to eat in the restaurant but we will the next opportunity we get to stay as it looks cosy and initimate.
The Ross nightclub was designed in keeping with rest of hotel and enjoyable with pleasant clientele.
Highly recommended beautiful hotel in centre of Killarney with very pleasant staff throughout.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noreen T
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I organised my friend's hen here from the 1st and 2nd February. From the first phone call I made to the hotel, I knew that this was where we were going to spend the weekend. I dealt with Marzena who was an absolutely joy to deal with. She was so helpful and courteous at all times and was great when I had to ring to change the guest's requirements etc.

We arrived down on the Friday afternoon and had the most amazing afternoon tea! They had advertised it as light afternoon tea in the package and I was only expecting tea/coffee and maybe a few biscuits. But it was WAY more than that. We got lovely sambos, scones, and cake in the Pink Lounge and spent most of the night there drinking amazing cocktails!

The rooms are fantastic and so spacious! The beds are so comfy and the pressure in the shower is brilliant (very important for hair washing!). We didn't spend much time in the rooms but everyone was raving about how pretty and girly the hotel was.

Breakfast was just incredible! You know it's going to be a good breakfast when you are handed a menu and see pancakes on it! We didn't have to wait very long to be served and the staff once again were so polite and helpful. I can categorically say that it is worth getting up for even if you have a bit of a hangover!

We ate in Celler One Restaurant and it was...........yep you've guessed it, amazing! There were plenty of hens there but yet there was always staff around to serve us and look after our hungry bellies. The staff even arranged to serve us a cake that we had brought down with us which was really nice!

Location is brilliant. It is just a 5min walk from the train station and so central for the town centre. So much better than organising taxis etc.

All in all just a great weekend! I can definitely recommend this for a hen or girly weekend. I'm not too sure about couples however, their heads might be a bit wrecked from shrieking girls!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mo1984
Cork
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Just back from a wonderful stay at The Ross, Killarney. Staff are amazing, so professional and friendly and we would like to say a huge "Thank You". The hotel rooms are fantastic, cosy, spacious and spotless. The restaurant is spectacular, food is great and the best breakfast ever is served. We would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back and stay again. Honestly can say that there is nothing to change at The Ross and would highly recommend this as the best hotel to stay in when visiting Killarney. Thanks again to all the staff for a wonderful weekend in the perfect surroundings. Barbara & Mark

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Although local to the area, I recently stayed as party of a hen party- wow! Room ( although small) had an amazing view of adjacent church, service was generally good, and the package the hotel put together was unbeatable! In the heart of killarney.. Parking questionable... Would definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank SLoughnane
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Just back from a weekend at The Ross and I wish my stay was longer. Just a few mins walk from the train station, we checked in with ease and off to our rooms. We stayed on the 2nd floor in what I would describe as a mini suite. Decor was great very relaxing, bed was so comfortable, I could go on but so much more to say. Down to the bar for some afternoon tea & cocktails, staff were brilliant in bar for food & drink service. Breakfast Buffett table could be better but hot food is made to order and gorgeous I would recommend the pancakes. Heading to Killarney park for some treatments then back to get ready for dinner. Menu was a little bit 2 much fish but that's my opinion no complaints from the rest of the girls. Again staff were fantastic, one lady who was on for breakfast was also there for dinner so I think a manger is excellent at her job and always had a smile and nice friendly chat throughout our time in the hotel. Staff are a credit from the lady in the restaurant ( sorry now I didn't get her name), girls in the bar who served us food most days & the barmen who made great cocktails. I could type so much more but needless to say I can't wait to return with my hubby very soon

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends