“Beautiful, relaxing, great fun!”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is just stunning, the decor and design is out of this world. Very edgy and relaxing. I spent two nights here for my sister's hen weekend, they don't encourage the usual hen party with all the 'dress up' etc which suited us down to the ground for our meal in their restaurant. We had a few rooms with up to four sharing in comfort. We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and went to a lovely Tapas bar in the town on the second night. The owners should be so proud of their staff, I'm sure they already are. We had a brilliant cocktail lesson with Ryan and Patrick, they were great fun and we learned so much as well as having the craic! The restaurant staff couldn't do enough for us over dinner and breakfast. The rooms over the alley will hear some noise from the smoking area but it is not a late bar so this doesn't go beyond 12.30 and you are in the centre of the town so you wouldn't expect much else to be fair. It certainly didn't bother us, I'm only mentioning it because I see it on another review. We had excellent value here, a very very reasonable rate to include 2 nights B & B, one evening meal and prosecco in the pink lounge before dinner. Parking is available in the Killarney Park across the road, you just get a display pass from The Ross before parking there. I can't wait to have an excuse to return to this hotel! You have full use of the pool in the Killarney Park also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
TheRossHotel, Manager at The Ross, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Zoesmumcork,

Wow, thank you for your super review of our hotel The Ross. I am thrilled you and your girls have a fantastic weekend. Yes we absolutely are extremely proud of our team here at The Ross.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we really hope to see you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stumble onto this gem of a hotel last week. Best. Hotel. Ever. From beginning to end-- the desk staff, the rooms, the service and the food were all top notch. The Ross has a cool, funky vibe to it-- the decor and the ambiance are very unique-- and it is comfortable and very relaxing! The location can't be beat, around the corner from the downtown and shops and music, and across the road from the national park. Kudos to the reception staff who are great at helping you plan your trip! They recommended early morning run routes as well as hiking and biking trails we could try out. Only one warning.... the food is addictive! Once you eat at the Cellar One restaurant.... you are quite simply spoiled for other restaurants. Best advice? Book the bed and breakfast and dinner offer... you won't regret it!!!

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra cost, the junior suites at the front of the hotel are simply stunning...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rebecca R,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us recently.
We hope you got Ciaran's brown bread receipe to take home and that you are making plenty of bread for friends and family.

We really loved having you stay with us and we were delighted that you took us up on our advice for hiking and various trails.

See you guys for the Ring of Kerry Cycle 2015!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

A fantastic hotel, great location, great to have the lower price while having access to the amazing leisure centre in the sister hotel.

Staff were attentive, sincere and efficient. Food in the restaurant was delicious. Also had a fantastic time at the cocktail lesson with Ryan and Patrick.

Would not hesitate for one moment to recommend the hotel to friends and family. Fantastic value for money. I'll be going back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Stephanie F

Dear Stephanie F,

Thank you for your fabulous review. Its great to hear you enjoyed our hands on cocktail class with our mixologists Ryan and Patrick...an educated but fun afternoon!

Enjoy the wedding and lets hope we see you again in Killarney.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

8 of us stayed here for 3 nights. The accomodations were very nice.

-Comftorable beds
-Good air conditioning
-Big bathrooms
-Good water temp in the shower
-Good water pressure in the shower
-Nice bar and lounge area
-Cable TV
-Free wifi
-Great location
-Friendly staff

-Decent breakfast
-A little too loud on weekend nights with the club downstairs (I was on the 3rd floor) and lots of bars right outside my window

Overall I would definitely reccomend staying here when in Killarney 9/10

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Carter O.

Thanks for the bullet points....we love them. Its gets right to the point!
We would love you and your buddies to come back and stay another time.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If I were a poet, I'd write sonnets for days about how great The Ross is. If I were a baker, I'd bake epic cakes in honor of this lovely hotel. But I'm not, so let me try to convey in simple words how amazing The Ross is.

My mom and I recently spent 10 days traveling across Ireland, and after Dublin, Kilkenny and Cork we came to Killarney and stayed at The Ross for two nights. It's the only hotel we stayed in where I wished we would have booked more nights there.

The staff was very nice and extremely friendly, and despite the lobby being quite busy most of the time they always had enough people on-hand to help out anyone who had questions or needed a recommendation.

It's a very modern hotel, but has a lot of Ireland charm to it. It's very, very clean—our bathroom and room were impeccably kept—and has some cool touches to it that we didn't see at any other hotel. First, there was an American outlet in the room. We had two plug converters with us, but that was a really nice bonus to see in a room. Also—and this is completely unnecessary but amusing nonetheless—there is a speaker in the bathroom that pipes in sound from the TV in the bedroom area. I don't know why that amused me so much, but it did.

The shower was hands-down the best shower we encountered on our trip, and the bathroom counter had lots of space to accommodate the toiletries of two people. They also had the best soaps/lotions that we found (I snuck a couple home with me... shhh). Parking is free at their sister hotel across the street, too, which we found to be a rarity.

The hotel's location was superb—we could walk to everything we wanted to do in town, and it's really right in the middle of it all. Oh! Our room overlooked a graveyard behind St. Mary's church, too. Some people might not appreciate that, but I thought it was quaintly spooky. :)

Anyway, the bottom line here is that if you're traveling to Killarney, you should stay at The Ross.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan M

Dear Megan M,

Words cant do justice to how blown away all the team are here by your review....It is hanging up in our canteen!
Thank you so much for taking the time to go through our hotel in detail.

We really do hope to see you again soon.

Ciara

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Beauty hotel in killarney hearth stylish and multi colour inside great relaxing atmosphere absolutely delicious food ! Restaurant staff will really look after u and they will make sure u r happy with everything. Rooms they r big comfortable and clean. Highly recommend. Had lovelly time what I'll never forget thank you x

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear alittlebalerina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel especially our restaurant Cellar One.

Please come back and stay again sometime!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Ross hotel is in a great location right in the center of a bustling Killarney. We were greeted by and sent off by Marzena who was lovely and extremely helpful. Our hotel room was very large with an unexpected King bed. The cocktail bar inside the hotel - The Lane - was great. While my husband enjoyed his beloved Guinness, I enjoyed several Mojitos. The food was fab and we even returned the next day to have more before we left. Food service is from 12:30-9pm in the bar area. We will definitely return to The Ross!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheRossHotel, Manager at The Ross, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear IKsium19,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Lovely to hear that our cocktails went down well for you both during your stay with us. Our cocktail making team in The Lane will be delighted with your comments! We really hope you make it back to stay with us soon.