“Funky hotel”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Funky hotel situated in the heart of Kilarney, just a light stroll from the restaurants, pubs, shops and amenities. Great ambience in the hotel, created by the cool décor, helpful local staff, popular bar and yummy restaurant! We ate in the Cellar One restaurant in the hotel, which was top class, highly recommended!!!

Great service at a reasonable price, which is hard to beat in these cost cutting times!

Try it out!

Reviewed 26 July 2009

The Ross Hotel is trendy and hip but service and friendliness doesn't take a back seat. Traveled with my adult son, he enjoyed the great location, close to shopping, restaurants and pubs. The jaunting carts were directly in front of the hotel. We had a great view from our window yet the room was very quiet. The beds were very comfy, I loved the clean white sheets and duvet (I hate bedspreads!) and the tea service in the room. The front desk was very helpful when we asked for a recommendation for a good Indian restaurant. ( Sorry, I don't remember the name of the Indian restaurant but it was really good and only a few blocks away.)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Myself and husband stayed here for 2 nights to mark our first anniversary. Unbeknownst to me husband had asked to upgrade us to suite for the night of our anniversary. The hotel obliged and offered us the suite for both nights but only charged for one and normal room rate for other.
The staff here were all lovely, so polite and helpful. Their attention to detail was brillaint and were always willing to do tha bit extra for you.
The hotel is small with a bar up the back which transforms into a cocktail bar at the weekends. Probably one of the most popular in Killarney. Also a nice sitting area just outside from the bar where you can go if you fancy a quieter drink.
Absolutely beautiful restaurant downstairs. Also bang in the centre of Killarney so can walk everywhere.
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Were both 30 but there were older people there too as well as young families so it really is suitable for everyone.

Reviewed 13 July 2009

Hello All,
If you are booking a hotel in Killarney this is the one. The hotel staff could not have being any nicer. From the girl at the front desk to the lady serving us breakfast . The rooms are fully loaded with 2 flat screen LCD, DVD, player,fridge, the junior suite was one of the nicest I have ever stayed in . The food in the hotel is fantastic . Its location is 2 min walk to the center. In all this is the place to stay . I give this hotel 10 out of 10 . I know i sound like i have shares in the hotel but I think when a hotel is as good as this one , in the current climate you should tell every one . I give this hotel 10 out of 10 . : )

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravlingMatt
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I was not disappointed with this hotel. Sometimes too many good reviews, lead to higher expectations. We were not disappointed the rooms are large and beds very comfortable. The decoration and furnishings superb. The staff very friendly and very helpful. We had 5 fantastic nights here. Only downer window catch broken.
If we are ever in Killarney again, I would look forward to staying at The Ross.
Please don't let all this praise lower your incredible standards.
FAB FAB

Reviewed 22 June 2009

My review for this hotel is quite late but because I received such exceptional service during my stay, I really wanted to leave a positive review of my time there.

I stayed four nights during the month of september and was blown away by the service and hotel. The hotel itself is spotless and very tastefully decorated. My bedroom was clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated; the bathroom was equally so. In fact, it was easily the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in and the bed was massively comfortable. Also, despite being located in the centre of a busy, bustling town, I found the hotel very quiet and peaceful and slept well while I was there.

The staff too were wonderful. I dealt with reception on a daily basis when asking questions and they were always eager to help. I had breakfast in the hotel every morning and dinner every evening and the wait staff were cheerful, friendly and prompt. The food was also delicious. I also had room service on the first night I arrived as it was too late to dine in the restaurant and found the service friendly with a nice variety and tasteful for such a late night menu.

Full marks to this four-star hotel. In fact, it can run rings around its five star sister, the Killarney Park hotel, just up the road. I stayed a night there too and was less than impressed and wished I could have spent my last night in the Ross where I felt so welcome and at ease. Well done to this wonderful hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I stayed here on the June bank holiday weekend with a large group of girls (19 in total)! We had an absolute ball. The hotel itself was gorgeous - so funky and cool. The staff were very, very friendly especially Enda who worked in the restaurant. We were very fond of him! We had a fantastic weekend and the weather was gorgeous so we couldn't have asked for more. We even made it up to the Gap of Dunloe on the Sunday morning after partying hard the night before! I will definitely be back :o)

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends