“Enjoyable”
Review of The Ross

The Ross
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 22 July 2010

My husband and I are just back from a weekend staying in the Ross Hotel. I would agree with all the reviewers before me regarding staff, dining etc, it was excellent. I would like to add though that when you are booking the hotel you must consider that it is in the centre of town, and that can have its advantages and disadvantages. For us the disadvantage was that we stayed in room 309, and it overlooked a bar in the lane at the back of the hotel. We really didn't get much sleep with all the noise that that entails, especially as people were drinking and smoking outside the bar into the late hours. (Just to add we didn't go to bed until 12.30 or 1am, but I think thats earlyish in Killarney!) We could also hear all the noise from the hotel bar, which seems to be 'the place to be' for the younger crowd. All in all though we did enjoy our stay. I had a fab massage and facial in the Hotel Killarney Park, which I would highly recommend. But if I was to stay again, maybe I would go midweek, as I guess that would be a quieter time, given that the bars close earlier and the weekends seem to be very busy with stag and hen parties.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2010

I've just returned from a fantastic stay at The Ross Hotel in Killarney. A group of us spent the weekend there to celebrate my sister's hen, and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

From the outset, the staff couldn't have been more helpful in assisting me with all of the arrangements and organising the rooms (special mention to Anita!!). I rang them on very short notice when previously booked accommodation fell through, and they really made all of the (re)arrangements so much easier. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome, and we were even more pleased when we saw the rooms, which were very comfortable and inviting. Breakfast on both mornings was excellent with loads of choice and great service. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday evening and again everyone was delighted with the menu options and the quality of the food.

A few of us used the pool and hot tub facilities in the Park Hotel across the road and there were a number of facials and massages that received glowing reviews.

All in all The Ross is an excellent choice for a weekend in Killarney. It's in a great central location, has beautiful, comfortable rooms and the staff are amongst the friendliest and most helpful I've every encountered. I should also mention the bar food which was good enough to lure us back in for brunch after we checked out on Sunday!! I'm already planning a return trip!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Have just spent 4 nights at the Ross and everyone of our party of 12 golfers was enthusing about the place from the size of the rooms,the quality of the food in the restaurants to the buzz in the bar but most of all about the friendly helpful staff.We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My friend and I were traveling through Ireland with no plan other than to see everything we could in 3 days, 1 of which was spent in Kilarney. From the moment we entered the hotel, I knew we were going to have a blast! The hotel staff was more than accomodating with our luggage, to showing us the hotel, and suggesting what to see on our way to the next adventure. The rooms were gorgeous and would stay there over and over again. From the comfortableness of the beds to waking up of the clickty-click of the horse and carriage in front of our hotel exuded passion and romance. It was the one of the best experiences! Thank you The Ross!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

What a wonderful start to our honeymoon. The 'team' at the Ross made us feel so welcome and were so helpful. A special thank you to Eleanor and Marcus and the other lovely people we got to know in the bar and on reception. The complimentary upgrade to a Suite on the 3rd floor was stunning. The use of the Spa and Dining facilities at the sister hotel made the stay even more special - where the staff were equally attentive to every detail. The Ross is a very special base in the heart of Killarney - you certainly know you are in Ireland - the people are so friendly. We are already planning our next trip - to the same lovely place!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I visited the Ross as part of a large group of girls for a Hen party. The hotel staff were fantastic and made us feel very welcome, which is not always the way for such groups. We felt like VIP's for the whole weekend. The Hotel it's self is lovely with modern finish and a high standard through out. The rooms were lovely and the beds were really comfy! No tea /coffee making facilities though which was a bit unusual. We also had a wonderful dinner at the hotel as part of the weekend deal, the food was absolutely gorgeous and the wine was very reasonable. Over all the service from the staff, quality of the food, central location and the finish of the hotel make the Ross a great choice for the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Ross Hotel in May 2010. In total there were 12 of us staying in the hotel for a Hen Party and the hotel staff could not have been more accommodating.
Every aspect of our stay was taken care of by Eleanor, manager. The total price of our stay included Tapas, a cocktail making lesson, a champagne reception before dinner, a three-course meal and breakfast the next day.
It was a brilliant weekend and was made all the better by the hotel, which is just fab. We had nothing but praise for the facilities and staff and would have no hesitation recommending it to others. Brilliant!

• Stayed: May 2010