“A roof over your head”

Ranked #51 of 139 Killarney B&B and Inns
Queenstown, New Zealand
“A roof over your head”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Arrived in Killarney, 6pm rainy, mid-winter night, so a matter of finding an open B&B.
The host was welcoming. Room very pink! Old, but clean. Simple, but sufficient for our needs. Morning breakfast simple but sufficient.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Why this B&B doesn't have a higher rating, or why it isn't even listed in Lonely Planet, is beyond me. This is my very first review on TripAdvisor, and one that I just had to do so others could hear about what a fantastic place this is!

I was sick as a dog arriving in Killarney, so I decided to splurge on a single room instead of a dorm bed to get some peace and quiet, and try to shake the awful cold I had. The hostel I first went to - The Sugan - didn't have any single rooms left, so they suggested I check out Lewis House, less than a minute walk up the street.

Walking in, I was greeted by the sweetest lady and showed the dinning room (with coffee, tea and biscuits at your disposal) and the bedroom (picture attached). Not 2 minutes after entering my room to drop off my backpack, the lovely lady that checked me in brought me some Strepsils and Lemsip cold & flu sachets, along with an extra blanket in case I got cold at night. What a sweetheart, she was like a mom to me! Despite my cold I still wanted to do some day tours around the area, and she was more than helpful in giving advice and booking them for me.

The price was usually 25 euro pps sharing a double, but since only double rooms were left and I was a solo traveler, I was charged 30 to supplement - but if you ask me, that is still an incredible deal considering the hostel would have charged 35 for a private room if they had one! Also, at the hostel I would have only received the standard cereal and toast hostel breakfast, while at Lewis House a traditional Irish breakfast is included, however you want it prepared - and it is absolutely delicious!! The breakfast was filling enough to hold me over until dinner, so I saved myself having to pay for lunch, so all in all a fantastic value.

I would HIGHLY recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Killarney - I ended up staying 3 nights just because it was such great accommodation (and there is lots to see in the area!). Huge thanks to the lovely couple that made my stay in Killarney the best in Ireland!!

~Danielle

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank o0-Wanderlust-0o
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2012

check in lady let us haggle on price we met half way on the price quoted and what we offered. the house is old but spotless and tidy. is cheaper than more modern property's and is close to town with free parking on the doorstep. was just like home

• Stayed May 2011