“Most Enjoyable”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Dublin, Ireland
“Most Enjoyable”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed in the Royal Hotel for 3 nights 10th to 13th August. The trip was a present for my mother's 90th birthday. She got a lovely room as requested and she really enjoyed her breakfast in bed each morning. We had dinner on two evenings in the restaurant and it was delicious. The decor in the rooms was first class and the standard of cleanliness top notch. However, the real stars were the staff who were always helpful and polite and very professional. Well done to all of them. We had a lot of fun with the putter and golf ball which are to be found in every room. The hotel is well situated in the centre of the town of Killarney and is within walking distance of all the shops and pubs etc. The only minor complaint was regarding the lack of car park which can be a problem for patrons who have difficulty walking. All in all, it was a really wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants something a little different.

Room Tip: We asked for a nice room for elderly mother. She got a lovely room on 1st floor, near the lift &...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MTK53
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear MTK53,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, one which was full of very kind comments. I am so glad that your mother enjoyed her stay here with us, especially as it was such a milestone for her. We do try our upmost to accommodate any requests which are asked of us to make your stay that extra bit more comfortable and enjoyable. I will relay your very kind words to all of our team. Such positive comments always boost staff moral.

Again, I would like to thank you for such a wonderfull review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Killarney Royal Hotel is a wonderful property.The food is awesome, the team are super friendly and helpful and really are great at giving that true irish welcome.WELL DONE. Keep it up. I love the décor of the hotel, its so warm and cosy.The hotel is old world , and I think that’s what makes it so special. The modern amenities (free wifi, plasma tv ) make it an a1 place to stay. The free parking was a bonus we didn’t expect that due to the Hotel’s central location. The parking lot is 2 mins walk from the Hotel.Our bedroom had a big king size bed super comfy, and the bedroom was perfect for me and my hubby. It was the best nights sleep we had over our vacation. We paid €189 bb for 1 night and it was worth every penny. We are thinking of coming back next year for our family reunion to take exclusive hire of the property. Killarney Royal made our holiday.Cheers

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara_1072
Dear Sara_1072,

Firstly I would like to thank you for such a positive review and also for taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure to read from start to finish. I am delighted that you enjoyed our cuisine and that you found your room so comfortable. A good nights sleep is always so important when taking time out from our busy schedules.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to our staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

Once again, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and please contact me personally should you require any information with regard to your family reunion. It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family here for such a special occasion.

Kind regards,
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Recieved great friendly welcome on arrival and were given lots of tips on the town itself. our room was very spacious and had the most comfortable bed in the world. the room was spotless and beautifully decorated. would heartily recommend this hotel. we will be back!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ramblingeire
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear ramblingeire,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Killarney Royal Hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass them on to the whole team.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and for your positive feedback.
We hope to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the not so distant future.

King Regrds,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Killarney Royal hotel is really nice with great rooms, we stayed in a suite which was great. The room was very homely and had a touch of class. Food and drink was also great and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Darmob,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us, from the cuisine to the accommodation. We strive to create a "home away from home" atmosphere for all of our guests and it was great to read that you captured that essence in your room.

Again thank you for your kind words and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I spent four wonderful, comfortable nights at the Killarney Royal. Wonderful, professional staff met all of our expectations. The room was clean and the bed and bedding were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was good, the service was perfect and welcoming.
This hotel was in a very central location, yet very quiet for sleeping at night. We would recommend it to our family and friends and would definitely use it on our next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back, away from the street
2 Thank nif22
Dear Nif22

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and also for your very positive feedback. I am delighted that your stay with us was a comfortable and pleasent one, something that is very important while taking time out!

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to all of the staff members. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.We also really appreciate ay recommendation you will have for your family and friends and it would be my pleasure to welcome them here to the Killarney Royal.

I hope to welcome you back to the Royal hotel very soon.

dublin
Reviewed 30 July 2011

the staff were amazing, so nice , plenty of good advise from the minute we walked in, small hotel, but room ( ours anyway ) huge, we had tried to change our booking to family room , but booked out , however pur room could have housed us with room to spare, old style hotel antique furniture , yet two flat screen tvs in our room , which was split , sitting area , couches, chairs tables , golf putters flat screen tv , then down two stairs to bedroom part , large comfortable bed and another flat screen tv, then large bathroom with comp elemis products.. dressing gowns and slippers also there for duration of stay, chocs and bed turn down , ice and watre also refreshed in evenings , plants also lovely in room , just all so nice, breakfast also great , no dry carvery, table service , full fry to order , eggs as you like , kippers, plaice , porridge with honey & fruits, smoked salmon , home made brown bread and lots ots more .. this hotel provides things that are not available in bigger chains , absolutly fab...thankyou and hope to see you soon k & c

Dear Hemints,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Killarney Royal for your minibreak and for taking the time to post such a wonderfull review of your stay here with us. I was delighted to read that you found your room both comfortable and spacious and also enjoyed our mix of old and new style decor.

It was great to read that you also enjoyed our breakfast. We do try to provide an extensive choice of cuisine on our menu to suit all of our guests.

Again I would like to thank you for your review and it would be my pleasure to welcome you and hopefully your family back to the Killarney Royal in the not too distant future.

Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed for a quick Saturday night trip, my first time in Killarney, the hotel service was very professional and the rooms were comfortable and well decorated. Breakfast the following morning was excellent. If I was going back I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family