“Friendly boutique hotel in centre of Killarney!”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Friendly boutique hotel in centre of Killarney!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, central location. Lovely hotel with great character, would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2011
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear J1L2,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team here at the Royal.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The staff was very hospitable and helpful. The rooms were very spacious. Perfect location. We dined in the restaurant twice for dinner and it was some of the best food on our trip and reasonably priced. Our only complaint is the lack of wifi. We expected to have full access to wifi but it didn't work the entire 4 nights. Different staff gave us different reasons, and none of them made sense (ie our iPhones were too new). We did not have a problem with wifi on our phones at other hotels on our trip.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Leighdprofit,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us from the cuisine to the accommodation. I will also be sure to pass on your very kind words to all of the team here at the Royal.

I have taken your comments on board in relation to our Wifi service. We welcome all feedback as it enables us to provide the best possible service to all of our guests.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal hotel in the not too distant future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed in the Royal Hotel for 3 nights 10th to 13th August. The trip was a present for my mother's 90th birthday. She got a lovely room as requested and she really enjoyed her breakfast in bed each morning. We had dinner on two evenings in the restaurant and it was delicious. The decor in the rooms was first class and the standard of cleanliness top notch. However, the real stars were the staff who were always helpful and polite and very professional. Well done to all of them. We had a lot of fun with the putter and golf ball which are to be found in every room. The hotel is well situated in the centre of the town of Killarney and is within walking distance of all the shops and pubs etc. The only minor complaint was regarding the lack of car park which can be a problem for patrons who have difficulty walking. All in all, it was a really wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants something a little different.

Room Tip: We asked for a nice room for elderly mother. She got a lovely room on 1st floor, near the lift &...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MTK53
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Dear MTK53,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, one which was full of very kind comments. I am so glad that your mother enjoyed her stay here with us, especially as it was such a milestone for her. We do try our upmost to accommodate any requests which are asked of us to make your stay that extra bit more comfortable and enjoyable. I will relay your very kind words to all of our team. Such positive comments always boost staff moral.

Again, I would like to thank you for such a wonderfull review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal Hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Killarney Royal Hotel is a wonderful property.The food is awesome, the team are super friendly and helpful and really are great at giving that true irish welcome.WELL DONE. Keep it up. I love the décor of the hotel, its so warm and cosy.The hotel is old world , and I think that’s what makes it so special. The modern amenities (free wifi, plasma tv ) make it an a1 place to stay. The free parking was a bonus we didn’t expect that due to the Hotel’s central location. The parking lot is 2 mins walk from the Hotel.Our bedroom had a big king size bed super comfy, and the bedroom was perfect for me and my hubby. It was the best nights sleep we had over our vacation. We paid €189 bb for 1 night and it was worth every penny. We are thinking of coming back next year for our family reunion to take exclusive hire of the property. Killarney Royal made our holiday.Cheers

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara_1072
Dear Sara_1072,

Firstly I would like to thank you for such a positive review and also for taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure to read from start to finish. I am delighted that you enjoyed our cuisine and that you found your room so comfortable. A good nights sleep is always so important when taking time out from our busy schedules.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to our staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

Once again, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us and please contact me personally should you require any information with regard to your family reunion. It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family here for such a special occasion.

Kind regards,
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Recieved great friendly welcome on arrival and were given lots of tips on the town itself. our room was very spacious and had the most comfortable bed in the world. the room was spotless and beautifully decorated. would heartily recommend this hotel. we will be back!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ramblingeire
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Dear ramblingeire,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Killarney Royal Hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass them on to the whole team.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and for your positive feedback.
We hope to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the not so distant future.

King Regrds,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Killarney Royal hotel is really nice with great rooms, we stayed in a suite which was great. The room was very homely and had a touch of class. Food and drink was also great and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Darmob,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us, from the cuisine to the accommodation. We strive to create a "home away from home" atmosphere for all of our guests and it was great to read that you captured that essence in your room.

Again thank you for your kind words and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I spent four wonderful, comfortable nights at the Killarney Royal. Wonderful, professional staff met all of our expectations. The room was clean and the bed and bedding were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was good, the service was perfect and welcoming.
This hotel was in a very central location, yet very quiet for sleeping at night. We would recommend it to our family and friends and would definitely use it on our next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back, away from the street
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nif22
Dear Nif22

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and also for your very positive feedback. I am delighted that your stay with us was a comfortable and pleasent one, something that is very important while taking time out!

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to all of the staff members. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.We also really appreciate ay recommendation you will have for your family and friends and it would be my pleasure to welcome them here to the Killarney Royal.

I hope to welcome you back to the Royal hotel very soon.