“Great place & I will be back”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Great place & I will be back”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Room & bathroom were spotless Staff was knowledgeable & courteous John is a great guy Will definitely be back

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear SJS46481,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Killarney Royal Hotel.
I will also be sure to pass on your kind words to John.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Dublin
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Nice hotel in a good location. We were promised a "nice" room but the first room shown to us was not good. It had a kitchen vent just outside the window. Very noisy and there were very strong food smells in the room. It was also very dark. Our second room on the third floor was better but at night you could hear the constant rumbling/vibration sound of a vent or similar. This lasted throughout the night. We had a large bed, flatscreen T.V. Ironing board, separate table but only one chair for two people. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. We were only given one saucer and this was not noticed until we pointed it out. Same with the sugar sachets. Nice enough bathroom with lots of hot water and good toiletries. Nice white fluffy towels and robes provided. I felt the bathroom was short of shelf space. Free WiFi in room. Safe in room. Open plan wardrobe. Good air conditioning. Each evening you were given an ice bucket and jug of water plus two little chocolates. Our room was located next to their laundry washing facilities. When the spin dryer was on, our whole room vibrated. Weird feeling.Breakfast was excellent. Good choice and excellent service. Our evening meal included in the package was just O.K. Service was good though. You can park about 100 yds behind the hotel and they will pick up the tab. It is €3 per day. On the last day you will leave your parking ticket in your car as normal but we were told that you had to bring the ticket to the hotel to get your parking refund. It is a nice hotel but we found it to be a very noisy hotel, with the noise coming from outside rather than inside.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear Boxthefox,

Thank you for takingthe time to write a review and for choosing to stay with us at the Killarney Royal Hotel.
I apologise that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. We take great pride in looking after our guests. Thank you for the helpful feedback, I have taken your comments on board as we always aim to improve our standards to satify our customers.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the near future.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at the Royal for 3 nights in August as part of a large family trip. We had 5 rooms of different categories throughout the hotel. All rooms were nicely updated, had great beds and bedding and newly remodeled bathrooms. My family had 2 triple rooms- one with 2 twins and a double and one with a king and a twin. The rooms were huge by European standards. Very comfortable with desks, tables and large spaces. Large flat screen TV's and air conditioning. The hotel is in a great location in the town and just a block or two from the real shopping area. The outlet mall is across the street, but not worth a visit.
The common areas in the hotel were great. It seems like a lot of locals hang there during the day for tea. The bar area served some of the better bar food we had on the entire trip. Breakfast was included and was standard continental fare.
The staff is amazing and so helpful. They really made the trip. Made it a point to know our names and are so accommodating. They kept the bar open for our group late into the night and even arranged for a birthday cake for our daughter at midnight the night of her birthday without one of us asking.
You should know what you are getting in to- the hotel is in an old building and has some quirky features (sloped flooring in the hallways and such) and the walls are paper thin. Luckily, it was a quiet crowd while we were there. This is the only thing that prevented me from rating it a 5 out of 5. The elevator is ancient. They've used a lot of antiques to furnish the place, so some of the rugs and furniture should be considered "shabby chic," but we found it just charming and really loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Dear Chicago_ILILMom,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to do so. It was a pleasure to read from start to finish. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us from the cuisine to the bedrooms to our central location. I hope that your daughter enjoyed her birthday whilst staying with us. We feel it is the little gestures we can provide that enable our guests to feel as welcome and comfortable as possible.

I will be delighted to pass on your kind words to all of our staff.

Again thank you, and it would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Royal Hotel should you travel to Ireland in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Superb location in the middle of killarney. The best breakfast I have ever had. Well presented and so tastey.
Staff are very friendly and rooms are big and v clean.
Only small issue is there is no parking but with lots of large public parking close by it is not difficult to get somewhere.
Great place to stay

Dear Davidj1970,

I would like to thank you for your very positive review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects, from your accommodation to our cuisine. We strive to create a "home away from home" experience to ensure each guest feels comfortable and relaxed.

I would be delighted to welcome you through our doors once again.

ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just spent 3 nights in the Royal after spending many years traveling to Killarney I have at last found a hotel I truly love, from the wonderfull room to the more then helpfull staff it has been the most relaxing few days I have ever spent in a hotel,

thanks to all the staff

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Angrymouse,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read. I am delighted that you have found us to be the hotel that you can really relax in. Thank you for your kind comments with regards to our staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, central location. Lovely hotel with great character, would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed August 2011
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear J1L2,

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team here at the Royal.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

The staff was very hospitable and helpful. The rooms were very spacious. Perfect location. We dined in the restaurant twice for dinner and it was some of the best food on our trip and reasonably priced. Our only complaint is the lack of wifi. We expected to have full access to wifi but it didn't work the entire 4 nights. Different staff gave us different reasons, and none of them made sense (ie our iPhones were too new). We did not have a problem with wifi on our phones at other hotels on our trip.

Dear Leighdprofit,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor and also for taking the time to do so. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us from the cuisine to the accommodation. I will also be sure to pass on your very kind words to all of the team here at the Royal.

I have taken your comments on board in relation to our Wifi service. We welcome all feedback as it enables us to provide the best possible service to all of our guests.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Royal hotel in the not too distant future.