“Best place in Killarney”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
morristown, nj
“Best place in Killarney”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Catherine--

Back in the diocese to your west now, but I just wanted to thank you for the pleasant stay once again at the Killarney Royal---we had a great time albeit that we there for the Kerry loss to Dublin

You have a great staff--Brian, the two Dierdres, Nora, Mike who both decorated our balcony with Kerry flags and filled our glasses--and of course John who is the best

We always look forward to coming back and for recommending your place to friends

Pat and Jim Kelly

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Dear Jim K,

Thank you for your kind words and alos for you lovely pictures Michael loves them. It was a pitty Kerry didn't win the All Ireland during your visit, you will have to visit again next September and hopefully we will be celebrating.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Central New York
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Had a wonderful stay this past week. Breakfast each morning was really terrific. Cold buffet and then order your hot food off the menu.
The staff here made me feel like I was at a 5-star hotel. They were really helpful - in fact, Dierdra told me about the Global Calling card - no one else had mentioned it - I got 230 mins. to the US for 10 euro. That's a great deal.
I did not think the rooms were musty at all. My only con is that there were revelers in the street one night singing "Sean McCarthy" - but, not much the hotel could do about that. It made me feel like I was really in Ireland!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Shingingstar222,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and lovely review. Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and I am delighted Deirdre was able to give you some helpful advice.
We do aim to create a home away from hme atmosphere. We hope to be able to weclome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the near future.

wexford
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel is ideal for a romantic getaway!Rooms are big, comfortable and relaxing. The staff are the most accommodating and welcoming. Atmosphere in the restaurant and bar is lovely. Afternoon tea and food is of a very high class. Would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Pros: Good location to restaurants, shops, pubs; Most staff try hard to do a good job, especially at the bar. Cons: Dated (very worn) furnishings- everything looks old and not in a good way; Room smelled very musty; Thin walls/floor so we were awoken by the upstairs people every morning; Much too expensive for what it is; Reviews on here are misleading- this is not a spectacular find, it's a mediocre hotel; Woman at reception was not at all friendly; They require you to walk back to your car at check-out to get your $3 a night parking reimbursed- no exceptions; No one helped us with our luggage at check-out.

I chose this hotel based upon the reviews on here and was disappointed. I don't know if the reviewers haven't stayed in a true four star hotel before, or if they are friendly with the owners, but I am still confused about the wonderful, rave reviews on here. It's like people stayed at a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iheartthebeach1212
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Dear iheartthebeach1212,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Thank you for your comments, we find all feedback helpful as it helps us to continue to improve standards for our guests.
We take great pride in looking after our guests and would have been happy to help you had you brought your concerns to our attention.
We do realise antique furnishings are not to everyone’s liking, however your time here has passed and expectations were not met and for that I do apologise.
I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken on board and these matters will be looked into so as to avoid disappointment to future guests.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback.
I also hope to be able to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the future for you to experience our true standards and quality of service.

roscommon
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The welcome I got was truely special from The team at The Killarney Royal Hotel. we had scones and tea on arrival by the fire in the lobby.The smell of the fresh lillies greeted me at the door. The Hotel is very well kept,fresh flowers everywhere, and the staff are extremely professional.Check in was prompt and efficent .The girl was very chatty to us which was nice.Our bags were brought to our room by a smart young guy. Our room was great. I even took pictures to show my friends how big our room in the Killarney town centre was. The food was really great,fresh, hot and very tasty. we ate on both nights, the place was very busy which is always a good sign. I can't fault anything in this Hotel . The free wifi , free parking, free morning papers in the lobby all made it even more special. Thank you for the birthday welcome note and chocolates in our room it was a nice touch.I woudn't stay anywhere else but this Hotel. Great location, great team and great value

morning all made my stay even more comfortable.

1 Thank david m
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I ate (with a group cycling tour) at this hotel. The food was very good and the staff were very accommodating when it came to feeding the three vegetarians in the group. All in all a very pleasant evening.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Dear Deirdre R

I would like to thank you for taken the time to write this very positive review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience and we fulfilled your expectations.
Thank you for your kind words about our team.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed in the Killarney Royal Hotel for three nights. We have been to Killarney on a number of occasions before and this time we decided to stay in the centre of town and chose this hotel due to mainly positive reviews on tripadvisor. However, unfortunately we did not really enjoy our stay there. Check-in was prompt, however the girl at reception did not even have a smile on her face ...it's not too hard to greet customers in a friendly manner. In contrast, the girl who checked us out was very nice. There was a kitchen fan directly outside our room and it was unbearably noisy, you couldn't even open the window. When we informed reception, it was no problem moving us to another room. This room was on the third floor and unfortunately you could still hear the fan, but it wasn't as noisy so we decided to stay there. We had dinner in the 'restaurant' the first night (this was actually in the bar). The food was very good, but the staff were not that friendly so as a result we didn't eat there for the remainder of our stay. Breakfast was the usual cold buffet and hot buffet choices.

We love Killarney and will definitely be returning, but would not recommend this hotel to family or friends based on our experience, mainly due to the unfriendly nature of the majority of staff we encountered.

4 Thank IrelandMeath
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Dear IrelandMeath,

May I start by saying thank you for taking the time to write this review, feedback from our guest is how we learn from mistakes and learn to continue to improve our standards to satisfy our guests.

I was disappointed to read the contents of your review, as I do feel we have an excellent team here at the Killarney Royal Hotel. However I have taken your comments on board and will be addressing them with our team.

I apologise for the fact that your stay at the Killarney Royal Hotel did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay with us. Obviously, that did not happen on this occasion, for that I sincerely apologise.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback. I also hope to be able to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel in the near future, to have you experience a more enjoyable stay and to see first hand what a strong and competent team we have here at the Killarney Royal Hotel.