“Probably the best place we stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Sandy, Utah
“Probably the best place we stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We loved this hotel. We had messed up our reservation, but had a copy of the low prices quoted. The lady at the front desk welcomed us as though we hadn't messed up, honored our on-line (cheaper) prices, and found a really nice, no I mean really! nice room for us. She made us feel right at home. If you can, order the Royal Dinner when you book your room. Lots cheaper and the meal is to die for! The hotel is centrally located for a nice evening stroll down the main street. Lots going on and plenty of shops close by for souvenirs or whatever.

1 Thank inspectordude
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear inspectordude,

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to know our Guests have a wonderful time while visiting our Property. I will certainly pass on you lovely comments to my Staff.
Maybe, I will have pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We enjoyed a comfortable and pleasant one night at the Killarney Royal. There were a few minor issues with communication but they were no more than a slight inconvenience. The hotel was clean and well lit. It is well located in the town, with plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby and several options for bicycle rental if you want to explore by bike. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from Killarney National Park.

Our room was large and comfortable. Dinner was included in our booking, which we could have in the restaurant or have it as room service. We had our meal in the room. My wife ordered the seafood chowder as an appetizer, lamb shank as a main course and orange and grand marnier parfait as a dessert; I had the smoked chicken and feta salad, fennel encrusted salmon fillet and ice cream. The food was delicious and the portions were extremely filling.

The hotel offers parking (we weren't charged) in a large parking lot a few minutes walk behind the hotel and wifi. Staff were friendly. There was one man in particular who helped us in so many tasks (parking, room service, housekeeping) that it was comical and almost as if he was the only employee. (His assistance was much appreciated.) That being said, there was no delay in things being done. Check-in and check-out were easy and uneventful.

1 Thank mervie357
Dear mervie357

Thank you for you review, and your lovely comments. I am delighted to know all your issues were resolved and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

After a week spent traveling around Ireland, Killarney Royal was easily the best. From the start, the welcome when we arrived at reception was warm and friendly. The staff was always willing to offer recommendations on where to go or what to do. The rooms are nice, the beds very comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning was amazing! Filling and delicious. We also took advantage of the tea service in the afternoon and got some drinks at the bar in the evening. I loved this hotel and I hope to go back some day!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Chris717_12

I am delighted to read your great review of our Property. It is always such a pleasure to know my Guests truly have enjoyed every aspect of their stay with us. I rely on all feedback to help us continue to exceed our Guests expectations. Thank you for your time and effort.
Hopefully, I will have any opportunity to welcome you through our doors in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We spent three nights at the Killarney Royal using it as our base while we explored Co. Kerry in all directions. (Note: there is no East Kerry)
It is well situated in the town allowing for walking to the shops and pubs but just enough away from all the hub-bub to be peacefully quiet. There is also a great laundromat right around the corner - drop off your duds and they are ready to go the next morning!
The breakfast was fantastic. I highly recommend the grilled plaice. We had been going with the Full Irish for the past week + in our travels however, the breakfast at the KR takes it all to another level. I urge you to explore the fantastic offerings a bit off the well-trod path.

Psst--- the best scones in our entire trip and we covered over a dozen counties before we finished!!

The staff was uniformly wonderful. Each and every person from the desk staff, housekeeping, restaurant, et. al. were helpful and efficient. They were all Irish, too which was a delightfully fun element considering the EU influence throughout Ireland.
All in all a simply delightful stay in the most beautiful part of Ireland. I will most certainly return to this hotel in the future!

As the weekend approached and the town became utterly overwhelmed, we chose to have dinner in the dining room. This was an exquisite treat. Everything we enjoyed about the breakfast on steroids!! Dinner at the KR is utterly fantastic - must be the best kept secret in Killarney. There were only a few tables of diners. The service was impeccable. The food - all locally sourced - sublime. The wine list intriguing. Why would anyone fight the throngs in the streets when this delightful oasis of gastronomy was right under their beds??? Even if you do not avail yourself of the delightful rooms in this hotel, plan to have a delicious dinner in peaceful surroundings before you take on the music in the pubs. And if you need an earlier break, take time to enjoy an aperitif in the reception area - the service there is also fantastic!

Dear Mamatres,

Thank you very much for your very detailed review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate the effort and time for posting such a wonderful review. I am heartened to know how much you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and, that all aspects exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass on you wonderful comments to all my Staff, and I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We spent one night at the Killarney Royal. The staff were wonderful and the breakfast was good. Our room was large with a spacious bathroom. The location is excellent. The hotel could use a little updating (painting, etc.) as the hallways were a bit scuffed up.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear keyscool,
Thank you for your review of Killarney royal Hotel Staff and premises. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and I take all your comments on board.
Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the future.

Altamont, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Fantastic B and B. Arrived late one afternoon with my ife and 2 kids(14 and 7 years old) they only had a double room left but put an extra cot in to accommodate us. Staff was wonderful, my wife wasn't feeling good next morning and they brought her breakfast ( which was delicious)up to her in the room. The b and b is also right in town so easy to walk everywhere.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kpbgmc
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Kpbgmc
Thank you for taking time to post your review, I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay in Killarney Royal and also my Staff were of great assistance to you.
We rely on all customer feed-back to help us maintain service and standards.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

My wife and I had an extended midweek break here, along with my parents, in order to allow us to visit nearby areas in Kerry and Cork. Our stay in large, clean, comfortable rooms was enhanced by excellent service, which was provided by warm hearted, friendly and attentive staff, who's every effort, it seemed, was directed at ensuring we had the most comfortable and enjoyable stay in this delightful hotel. As the week neared its end we were joined by my three sisters and their families, all of whom expressed equally, their satisfaction with the Killarney Royal hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear BartCronin,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted to hear you and your extended family thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Hopefully, you will be returning to visit relatives again, and I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors again.