“Great Location, super place to stay”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 23 April 2013

An elegant hotel with a grand piano in the lobby, I knew I would like it here. I played the piano as soon as I came in. We arrived here a little later than normal as we were in Dingle, but I lucked out on a parking place right smack in front of the hotel, and since I was later, there was no charge for parking! Nice places to walk around, a beautiful town. The rooms were beautiful. Billy in the dining room was a cool guy, and the staff was wonderful. They changed money for me right there as well. If you are coming here, grab this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Dear Matthew V

Firstly thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed our Piano in the Foyer, it is always great to hear people playing just for the love of it. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and our Town of Killarney.
It is very pleasing to hear people mention one of our team and Billy is a cool guy as you so well described him, with us over twenty years. I will pass on your kind comments to Billy. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back again in the future.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Killarney Royal

Reviewed 18 April 2013

During a 6 day stay in Ireland we stayed only 2 nights at the Killarney Royal Hotel; we should have spent all 6 days there. The room was roomy(no view, but I didn't expect one), clean, & just what we needed. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was helpful & friendly. This hotel is definitely a must do.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Kim L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am delighted to read how you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased you found all staff members friendly as this is what is so important to us. We always try to make people welcome and create a home away from Home.

I hope you will be welcoming you back to The Killarney Royal in the near future.

King regards

Reviewed 17 April 2013

After two weeks travel through UK & Ireland, finally we found a comfortable, FRIENDLY & dietry accommodating (ceoliac) hotel. Were only staying 1 night but couldn't bear to leave!!, so stayed another. Our host Mike in the bar was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble & a brilliant smile went with every dish & drink - 2 nights running. Breakfast & dinners were excellent, rooms very spacious & comfortable. Overall a wonderful experience.
Aussie family on 3 month trip through Europe

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear libbiek,

I was delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your views with TripAdvisor.
Nice to hear you extended your stay to 2 nights with us and that you enjoyed the charms of Mike in the Bar. I am pleased you enjoyed our room and the food during your stay. We do try to accommodate Ceoliac as much as we can and to give some extra choices where possible. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in the Royal Hotel last week,and it was a really Good choice if you like small and to be near the center of Killarney.The staff were friendly and treated you as if you were their only guest.Breakfast was good and lots of choices.The only down side side was parking and the hotel did offer to pay at a near-by pay and display.It cost three euros a day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear marialane69,

I always enjoy reading the heading's people put on reviews, and yours is one that will stick in my mind. "Small Hotel with a big heart". I take that as a compliment and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel.

Yes, I must agree that parking is a facility we wish we had available to guests and reinbursting guests is one way to a solution. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 April 2013

just returned from a wonderful few days in the Killarney royal hotel . Cannot praise this hotel enough for the way we were looked after by the wonderful friendly staff from reception where we were met by our old friends from previous stays Maura and Catherine who always spoil my mother on each and every occasion and make her feel so special on her birthdays and on this occasion we met Deirdre who is new to us but really nice and welcoming too. The bar staff and dining room staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and Michael a real charmer and john really welcoming at the front door when we arrive back after the front door is locked . The rooms are charming and have all the little luxuries you like to find in a hotel room but might not always get .This hotel is very central and within walking distance of bus and train station if you do not drive and the food is excellent for breakfast lunch and dinner and they serve really nice afternoon tea for that special treat so make sure you visit the royal when in Killarney.

Room Tip: have stayed in front and back rooms and have to say noise not an issue.

Dear Ann D

Thank you for taking the time for posting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
It is our pleasure to welcome both you and your Mother recently. I know people love to meet the familiar faces on arrival and you had the pleasure of meeting all 3 at the Front desk.
It is so pleasing to read of how your enjoyed the charm of Michael and John in the bar .

It is so pleasing to hear you enjoyed your Dinning experience and all what our rooms had to offer.

I hope to welcome you back to The Killarney Royal Hotel in the not so distance future.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a lovely hotel, beautifully appointed, warm and friendly staff, great food. Would definitely recommend highly. It is centrally located in the town, a close walk to everything and also well located to do great day trips in that part of Ireland.

Dear WallabyWood

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The Killarney Royal Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our decor and that you felt comfortable during your stay. Warmth of a welcome is so important and I am glad you received this from us.

It is with great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and I hope we will be welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We have been to Killarney so many times and have stayed in most of the hotels down through the years , from three star to five star . Easter weekend was for some reason our first time staying in the Royal and we were pleasantly surprised . The room was both modern and quaint but what impressed most was the friendliness and welcoming one received like visiting one"s family. The service in the restaurant was first class and the choice and quality of food excellent . I would like to thank Catherine,Maura, Billy and Michael who surpassed the call of duty in making our stay so enjoyable. Denis & Anne

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DenisR359

Thank you for taking the time for posting a review with us on TripAdvisor following your stay with us over Easter. It was our pleasure to welcome you to Killarney, a place you know so well from reading your review .

I am so pleased you enjoyed a warm welcome and that you felt at home during your stay. Thank you for visiting The Candle Room Restaurant and i am thrilled to read you enjoyed the quality on offer. I will pass on your kind comment to Billy, Catherine Micheal and Maura who always enjoy a mention! Thank you and we hope we will again welcome you in the future.