“Thank you Killarney Royal”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I would like to thank all the staff at Killarney Royal for making our short stay in Killarney a memorable experience. Using previous Trip Adviser comments, I spent a long time choosing our two night stay, and all my planning was well worth it. From the first minute when our car was parked for us, we appreciated the care and attention. Our children still share their excitement about receiving free carnival rides. The family room was fantastic, and the restaurant is superb. The great town-centre locations really makes this hotel one of Killarney's best.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Michelle Z

Thank you ever so much for your kind review on your stay here with us.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and your review will be passed out to the team so they can read your kind words.

Thanks again Michelle we do hope you & your family come back again in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Brian

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Was part of a group of 12 guys in Ireland for a golfing trip and we stayed at the Killarney Royal for the entire week. The staff and team at the hotel made us feel like family and always treated us with respect and kindness and greeted us by name every time. They tried to make every request we made happen. We couldn't have been happier with the service, the food for breakfast and the fun at the bar. Wholeheartedly recommend the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rich-beantown

Dear rich-beantown

Thanks you very much for your great review, the staff here truly are our biggest asset, they are a very kind hard working staff and I am delighted that you were able to stay with us and experience this. We hope you & your group enjoyed the rounds of golf during yer time in Kerry.

We hope to see you back again in the near future

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff was very welcoming! The hotel is right in the heart of the city, everything was within walking distance for us! The hotel was warm, welcoming and very clean and the staff was very helpful. The hotel room was clean, the bed was comfortable. We had a smaller room vs. the previous places we had just traveled from. However it fit our needs just fine as we were there for only one night. Parking was a little ways away, this was the first and only time we had to park far away from our hotel. It was a pain to lug our stuff all the way into the hotel, there isn't much room to park to unload on the busy street, although others were doing that. We are young & able to walk so it really wasn't that big of a deal at all. When we left, we got smart & pulled our car up and the staff helped us load it all back up into the car.

Room Tip: maybe see if there is upgrades for a bigger room if you are staying multiple days, if we were I woul...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea T

Dear Andreat54

First of all let me thank you for writing such a wonderful review on your stay here at the Killarney Royal. We are glad that your stay was comfortable. I am very fortunate to have such a dedicated team to work with.

Customer service is very important to us here, and so I am glad that you got to experience what we have to offer.

In regards to the parking we do advise our guest to stop outside the hotel & we take care of their luggage & their car.

Hopefully, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you through our doors in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2013

An amazing hotel in the centre of Killarney. From the minute you walk into the hotel you are greeted with a warm welcome. The staff are all so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Had dinner in the restaurant on one of our evenings and the food is top class. Rooms are spotless and the bed very comfortable.
Breakfast is great and because the cooked breakfast is fresh and not your usual hot buffet.
Will be returning to this hotel as soon as possible. I am only just home and I already want to go back!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamieh_8
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Jamieh_8
Thank you for your sparkling review about your stay at the hotel.

I am delighted to read you had the most enjoyable stay here at the Royal Hotel.
We love to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and discovered the wonderful treats available at the doorstep of the hotel.

Your kind words have been passed on to our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The location if this hotel coupled with the excellent service and high quality of the food and room makes it an excellent choice. Room was large with classic decor. Bed comfortable. Parking around corner.
Would return and look forward to it!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mariakenny70

Dear Maria
First of all, let me thank you for writing such a wonderful review!
It was such a delightful read from begining to end.

I am thrilled that you had a comfortable stay here at the Royal Hotel & that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

I am especially pleased to know that you will be returing to stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming ye through the doors again

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We weren't staying here, but popped in for a drink and apparently lots of other people had the same idea!-- handsome foyer with lots of seating, very comfortable. There is food available in the bar. Would definitely consider staying here on my next visit

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BodhisattvaHand

Thank you ever so much for your kind words about the Royal Hotel.

I am extremly happy that you enjoyed your experience here and glad to hear your kind words about the decor of the hotel and that it was a comfortable experience . We always love to make our guest & customers feel at home.

Thank you once again for your kind words

Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is old but very well maintained. The rooms are large, very confortable, clean and quiet (our windows were noy on the main street). We were a group of 8 golfers and stayed there for 5 nights. Great comments from all the members of our group. The personnel is extremely attentive to all your needs and they are even ready to serve breakfast earlier if you need to leave early in the morning. It is well situated and you can walk to all the restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank St-Bruno123
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Dear St-Bruno123

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers here on Trip Advisor. I must say, your review was ann absolute pleasure to read.

I am so glad that you and your group found the surroundings of your rooms comfortable. I'm sure you appreciated this after a long day on the golf course.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on the staff here at the Killarney Royal. We are very lucky to have such an enthusiastic team here, and I am so glad that you got to experience a taste of their hard work. I will ensure to pass your comments on.

Thank you once again for such a great review and I hope to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Best Regards,