“Class with comfort”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding in the Killarney Royal last weekend and it was amazing. It was warm comfortable and had a great atmosphere from start to finish. Was met at the door by the friendly staff offering champagne and canapés. The meal was flawless and the service impeccable. I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel for any family occasion or party.

• Stayed: March 2014
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear CACMK

Thank you ever so much for a wonderful review. It was a joy to read from start to finish especially the headline "Class with comfort"
I am glad to hear you got to experience first hand what we have to offer here at the Killarney Royal from the minute you walked in the door as the saying goes first impression is always the best impression & that is very important to us here.

I am delighted you got to experience a wedding here at the Killarney Royal & got to join the celebrations of Mark & Catriona's wedding. It can only be described as an amazing memorable day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal Hotel.
Bryan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A real home away from home,attended a wedding over the weekend,a most pleasant and enjoyable venue,food superb,accomodation top class,warm comfortable,real character about the place,great location,virtually across the road from railway station,staff were very friendly and attentive,could not do enough for you.Obviously a very well run and managed family hotel,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dan

Firstly, I would like to thank you for writing such a sparkling review on here on Trip-Advisor.
All the team here really appreciated your comments on the service and the food.

We are blessed to be in the centre of Killarney Town & as you mentioned were only within walking distance from the train station which is an extra bonus for guest wanting to leave the car at home.

Thank you once again for a wonderful review & we look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful. Food and service is of a very high standard. Location is also very central. Rooms are a good size. I would also recommend afternoon tea in the lobby. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Lisa D,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of the Killarney Royal. We greatly appreciate all guest feedback.

I am so glad to hear that you got to experience Afternoon tea in the Royal lobby lounge.
This is a favourite with locals and guests alike. All pastries, cakes and scones are made daily by our in-house pastry chef.

Thank you so much for your kind words on our location, staff, service, and our rooms. All the team here were delighted to hear that your stay was most enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed here for two nights and were delighted with our experience. The staff, from front desk to dining room and bar service, were kind and efficient. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. We hated to leave, and will definite book again on our next trip!

Stayed: February 2014
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Janbrov

Firstly let me thank you for posting your review here on tripadvisor.

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise on all aspects of our hotel also. I am delighted to hear that you & your daughter really got to experience what we have on offer here.

We are fortunate to have a wonderful team & your kind words have been passed onto them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again very soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Lovely comfortable hotel with extremely good sized rooms, friendly and helpful staff, and good food.Our group was looked after really we'll, and, as we were meeting some of us for the first time for many many years, the friendly feel just added to the joy of our get together. I know where I will stay in Killarney if I visit again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Geoff P

Firstly, I would like to thank you for writing such a nice review on here on Trip-Advisor.
All the team here really appreciated your comments on the service and the food.

I am delighted you found your stay comfortable & most important that you caught up with old friends who also enjoyed the friendly atmosphere here at the Killarney Royal.

We look forward to welcoming ye all back to us very soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Fantastic LOCATION.Very welcoming staff.from the time you come to reception Catherine very welcoming also all bar staff.Fabulous room .Great breakfast.great varied menu for lunch CENTRAL TO EVERYTHING.Looking forward to next visit.

Room Tip: I had end room. corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Smokie292

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Killarney Royal on Tripadvisor.
We really appreciated your kind words on our location, breakfast menu, lunch menu and the staff. I will ensure to pass on your kind words to Catherine, who will be delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing stay at the Killarney Royal. The stormy conditions that visited Kerry that weekend, intensified the snugness of the hotel, as we hunkered down by the roaring fire, with delicious bowls of seafood chowder and a couple of pints of the black stuff.
The early check in time ensured we took a much needed afternoon nap in the spacious and comfortable bedroom, that was spotlessly clean and luxuriously appointed. The Royal is the first hotel Ive stayed in, whose rooms were so capacious that both me and my son availed ourselves of the putting machine that was provided.
Our evening meal was melt in the mouth slow cooked pork, that i would highly recommend. My wife commented that her full Irish the next morning hit the spot whilst my Kenmare Bay kippers were fresh, light and Succulent.
However the most noteable aspect of our stay were the amzing staff, who looked after us so well. Nothing was too much trouble and they were all extremely polite,friendly and chatty.
Best hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gavin A

Thank you for reviewing the Killarney Royal here on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate guest feedback. Thank you for such kind words on our "snug" hotel and "delicious" chowder (which is one of our most popular dishes). I am glad hear that you found this an oasis of calm during the stormy weather.

Guest comfort is of high importance to us here at the Killarney Royal, and so, I am delighted to hear that you found your room comfortable and spacious.

Thank you for such wonderful descriptions of our food and our staff. The team are so happy to hear that your experience here at the Killarney Royal was excellent.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.