“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband & I stayed in this hotel over Easter with friends while travelling around Ireland on holidays from Australia. We felt welcome and almost part of "the family" from the moment we checked in. We were upgraded to a suite because we had booked in for 5 days and the room was perfect. The restaurant was great for both breakfast and dinner. The hotel is in a perfect location, a walk to everything. The staff are amazing, especially Dayna on the front desk, Patrick & Wallace in the restaurant, Michael in the bar and John the night porter. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again, it was fabulous.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine, just stay here - it's great!
1 Thank Kim28032014
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Kim28032014

Wow!! Thank you so much for such a sparkling review here on TripAdvisor. I must say, it was an absolute pleasure to read from beginning to end.
Thank you for such wonderful comments on our hotel, I will ensure to pass on your kind comments to the team, especially Dayna, Michael, Wallace John and Patrick, whom will be delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here with us.
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip in Ireland. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal in the future.

Bryan Scally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is very well situated in Killarney and was a perfect jumping off point to the see the city. The hotel has an older feel to it (not at all in a bad way). The room we stayed in was huge and the bathroom was even bigger. Very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Robinson1220

Thank you very much for your recent review here on TripAdvisor. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Killarney Royal with other travelers here on TripAdvisor.
I greatly appreciated your kind comments on our "huge rooms" and location. Our hotel is decorated to an old world style. Our unique antique furniture and fittings links in with the history of our building.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Killarney Royal. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The location is very central, and you even get ''free parking'' - it is actually a public parking lot in the next street, which is anyway free in the evening but the hotel reimburses your fee if you stay longer. The staff gave us a very warm welcome and then we took the tiny elevator to the room. It was really huge and very comfortable, with a traditional decoration, bit old fashioned. Not much light in the room because there is a wall directly in front of both windows. The clientele of the hotel is rather senior. I enjoyed the free wifi and the luxurious bathroom. There is even a minigolf inside the room, that's how big the room was!

Dear so_voyage49

Thank you ever so much for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip-Advisor. We take guest feedback very serious here, as it allows for our continued improvement and development.

Thank you for your kind words on our "big rooms". The luxury of larger rooms allows our guests to relax in their surroundings. I am glad you got to practice your golfing skills with our in room golf putters!

I am delighted that you enjoyed the warm welcome and the free WiFi. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I highly recommend you stay here for a couple nights if you want to enjoy Killarney. We spent three nights here on our 10 day trip traversing Ireland. The Killarney Royal was excellent. Every morning, we had a fantastic breakfast. The staff was always fabulous and helpful. Dana at the front desk was so kind to spend time talking with us about the Ring of Kerry and Dingle. We ulitmately did the Ring of Kerry one day and then Dingle the next.

The staff, the hotel and the attention to detail make this a great stay. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear ljtsquare,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of the Killarney Royal hotel here on Trip Advisor. Guest feedback is of utmost importance to us here at the Killarney Royal, and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time here with us.
It is great that you availed of both the Ring of Kerry and Dingle peninsula trips. Both are equally beautiful and the scenery would take your breath away! I will ensure to tell Dayna that you decided to take both of her recommendations.

Thank you so much for your kind comments on the breakfast and our service team. It is so nice to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind Regards,
Telford
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked this hotel mainly on the strength of previous Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Four of us travelled for five days over this last weekend and could not find fault with the bed comfort, cleanliness and meals which we had in the hotel which included breakfast and dinner each day. We really must mention Joanne, Patrick the waiter and as he described him, Michael, his sidekick who were brilliant and a credit to the hotel. The hotel itself is in the town centre with other restaurants and bars really close by. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for the friendliness of the staff and the excellent accommodation. We had a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Telfordbeachlover

I would firstly like to start off by thanking you for sharing your recent experience of the Killarney Royal here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you so much for such wonderful comments on our location, food and staff. The Killarney Royal team are one of the hotels best assets, and I will ensure to pass on your kind words to Michael, Joanne and Patrick.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Westhampton Beach, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My sister, niece, and I stayed here for 2 nights last week (April 21, 22) and had the time of our lives. The hotel itself is lovely but the staff puts it in a class by itself. Dayna, Mike, Wallace, Brian, even Mr. Scally, the owner, treated us like long lost relatives. It's really a pleasure to be able to sit and have a chat with the barman Mike, receptionist Dayna, and server Wallace (he's from China but speaks with a Kerry accent!) Our rooms were lovely (I had a special one overlooking the main street) and the food was terrific. This is the place to stay in Killarney.

Room Tip: Request one in the front for a view of locals out and about.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Irish1cook

Thank you so much for such an outstanding review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip Advisor. I must say, it was an absolute pleasure to read from beginning to end.

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome the three of you to the Killarney Royal on your recent travels to Killarney. Dayna, Michael and Wallace really enjoyed chatting to all of you.
I am so happy to learn that you found your rooms comfortable for the duration of your stay.

I do look forward to welcoming you back the Killarney Royal on your next trip to Killarney.

Beast Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay in this really wonderfull Hotel, can't praise the staff enough, Catherine, Dayna,Michael and Wallace,they made our stay very special indeed.
The Hotel is in a great location just minuets from the train station,rooms are very large and cosy,breakfast best ever not self service which i hate.We will be back

Monica and Marie , Dublin

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Villefranche2014

Thank you so much for such a sparkling review here on Trip-Advisor. Thank you for such wonderful comments on our location and our rooms, I am so happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.
I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast options. Breakfast is cooked fresh to order, which makes the experience more relaxing and enjoyable for guests.
I will ensure to pass on your comments to Catherine, Dayna, Michael and Wallace, who will be delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at the Killarney Royal.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the near future.