“Absolutely loved it!”

Killarney Royal
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Absolutely loved it!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and I absolutely loved it. The lovely staff members helped us so much to celebrate and relax. This is not a massive hotel so they really care about you. I loved my bed, big TV, bath robe and sleepers :) Try their afternoon tea if you can. The food in the restaurant is delicious too!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sojung K
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Sojung K,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read from beginning to end.
Thank you for such wonderful comments about our accommodations and our afternoon tea. I will ensure to pass on your kind words to the rest of the team here at the Killarney Royal.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the future.

Bryan Scally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I really liked the Killarney Royal. It's a classic older hotel right in the heart of Killarney (location is superb!) and pretty much delivers as advertised.

At check-in, the young lady at reception was very good and gave us info on the hotel, the area, etc. Our room (108) was a bit dated but very spacious. Since I was traveling with my mom, the window on the bathroom door was a bit awkward but nothing major. WiFi didn't work most of the time but the receptionist assured me that it would be fixed "on Tuesday" since Monday was a bank holiday. Just my luck. Not a big deal but inconvenient.

Parking was easy in the lot behind the hotel. I read the website on where to park and it was easy as can be.

We had a package which included dinner, which was enjoyable until we got a bill for 15 euros "add on" since we ordered the steak entree. That basically killed any goodwill for the entire evening since the waiter specifically told us to order one appetizer, one entree and one dessert from the pre-set menu. Apparently steak isn't included but we weren't told that nor did the menu state this, at least not from what I read.

Really enjoyed breakfast service. Good food and friendly staff. They do it right.

Overall, I'd stay here again!

Room Tip: rooms facing the side alley are pretty quiet! slept very well.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JJNOLA
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear JJNOLA

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is of utmost importance to us, as it allows us to consistently improve our standards and services.
Thank you for your kind words on our spacious rooms, location and our service. I will ensure to pass your comments to the rest of the team.

Thank you for your feedback on our WiFi. During your stay the WiFi was down due to an external problem with our provider. This is has now been fixed and the WiFi is fully functioning to a very high standard.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Killarney Royal again in the near future.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Looked very nice in external view but room rather disappointing. Horrible view over the (noisy) air conditioning units, rather old-fashioned furnishing. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Would have given an extra star if we'd had a room with a better view.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rogerbike
Killarneyroyal, General Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Rogerbike

Thank you for sharing your review of the Killarney Royal here on Trip-Advisor. Guest feedback is very important to us, as it allows us to continuously improve our service and standard.

We are a town center hotel and a room with a view is hard to find in the middle of Killarney town.
I hope this did not taint your experience on the Killarney Royal.

I am glad to hear that once again another guest got to experience the staff at the Killarney Royal; they are a true credit to the hotel.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here midweek in March and had a great time from check in to check out. Very friendly staff it must be said. Town was quiet and a lot of places closed but we still had a great time. Love killarney and we are back in July!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daraghcork
Dear Darragh

Wow thank you ever so much for your 5 star review on trip advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay immensely.
I am glad you got to experience what Killarney has on offer. We are blessed to be in the center of the beautiful town and all that it has to offer.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful comments on our staff. The team at the Killarney is one of our best assets, and I am happy that you were able to avail of their expertise while you visited!

I am delighted to hear that you will be back to us in July and I look forward to welcoming you back through the doors of the Killarney Royal once again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were upgraded to a suite which was very spacious with lovely views. Everyone was very nice. Bathroom smelled like french fries, wifi only worked 50% of the time, and there is no attached parking lot, however they do reimburse you for the parking lot fees. I would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CMD11115
Dear Jillian D

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We accept all feedback positive and negative.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the views from the upgrade we gave you to a junior suite. Our junior suites and all the Royal rooms are spectacular.

With regards to the parking we are a town center hotel and are blessed to have the parking facilities only 200 meters behind the hotel in which we reimburse all parking fees to our guest.

The wi-fi issue that you experienced during your stay was a external technical issue and has now been resolved.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights. Disappointing for a 4*. Nice people but rooms stuffy and ours smelled like fried food (room 208) Asked to move, but nothing else available. Beds are stiff and old, although they've clearly tried to upgrade. No wi-fi "sorry it's not working" was the best we got. Bummed out the kids (they survived). Great hot showers and water pressure after a cold day in the rain on the lake. Clean bathrooms. Excellent location to walk around Killarney. Reception helpful for tours.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jagnes1
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jagnes1,

Thank you for your recent review of the Killarney Royal here on Tripadvisor. Guest feedback is very important to us, as it allows us to continually upgrade and improve our standard and services.

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for your kind comments on our shower pressure, clean bathrooms, reception team and location. I am glad that these services lived up to your expectations.

With regard the issues you pointed out in your review, I would like to sincerely apologize that these disappointed you and your family.

I am currently looking into the issues that you highlighted, and I would like to thank you for bringing them to my attention.

I hope that I can have another opportunity to welcome you to the Killarney Royal, so that we can make it up to you.

Niagara
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very spacious room , modern bathroom, this hotel is centrally located in Killarney which is a great shopping and tourist town. Great full breakfast is available, along with a selection of cheeses meat and fruit. Do not miss Muckross Castle. We took a horse drawn wagon from the hotel to the castle in the rain and it was delightful. The driver had an Irish sense of humour. Plenty of good Irish pub music close to the hotel we liked Sheehans with Murphy's a close second. The Flesk Restaurant had excellent value early bird specials. We had 3 lamb chops with excellent onion rings etc..

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness centre
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NiagaraQuilter
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear NiagaraQuilter

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of the Killarney Royal here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

It is great that you got to experience the local attractions, and of course take a Jaunting Car to the Castle. It is a must-do when staying in Killarney.