“Brilliant Weekend -- Thanks to quality hotel”
Review of Killarney Royal

Killarney Royal
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Cork, Ireland
“Brilliant Weekend -- Thanks to quality hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in the Killarney Royal hotel. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do more for us. We had dinner in the bar, the food was lovely and the bar itself was cozy and relaxing.
The bar staff were very friendly and even gave us advice where would be good to head out for the night. Our room was stunning with a massive double bed, breakfast area, twin sinks in the bathroom and extremely clean.
Overall we had an excellent stay, couldn't fault it in any way, cant express enough how friendly the staff were, especially the night porter John.
We will definitely be staying in the hotel again and would recommend it to any one.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Dear MaCro_7,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor and indeed for staying with us on your recent visit to Killarney.

It is so uplifting for me and all the team to receive such positive feedback for that I thank you. Also for the special mention of John who is a huge asset to our team and a true gentleman.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me personally so that I may oversee your return visit.

Brian Scally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Killarney is one of the most beautiful and charming cities I've ever had the pleasure of visiting, and the Killarney Royal fits into this atmosphere perfectly. The hotel itself has such an old-world charm to it - from the peat-burning fireplace to the wide, winding staircase leading up to our room, everything about the hotel just felt welcoming and romantic. Our room was perfect - comfortable bed, huge bathroom (which included robes and a towel warmer), plenty of room for clothes and luggage, and a nice desk/living area. The hotel staff were always friendly and accommodating, and we were able to cash in US dollars for Euros there. We didn't try the restaurant, but everything looked and smelled amazing. The location of the Royal is perfect - not only is it less than 5 walking minutes to the train station, it's located down the street from the hub of downtown. The Royal is within walking distance from just about everything - the only time we took a cab in Killarney was to get to and from the Muckross House. My now-fiancé proposed to me in Killarney (at Torc Waterfall on the grounds of the Muckross House), and I don't think any hotel would have been as perfect as the Royal for our first night as an engaged couple. The hotel definitely has a romantic feel to it, but I would be comfortable staying here alone on a business trip as well.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear jillypoo83,

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor and for staying with us at Killarney Royal.
It was such a pleasure to read from beginning to end.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and indeed your time in our gorgeous town.
It is so uplifting for us to hear we played a small part in such an exciting occasion of yours that will live in your memory for many years to come.

I placed your review for all the team to see and we all look forward to a return visit. We strive on a daily basis to make each and every one of our guests have a unique and memorable stay, and I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. It is only through customer feedback that we can continue to operate at such a high level.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My friends and I were heading to Killarney for the weekend and the Killarney Royal was recommended to us as a must. We booked several rooms and got a great deal on each. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were relaxed and delighted with our choice of hotel. We all arrived at different times during the day and we all commented on how friendly and easy the check-in process was. The lobby area is warm and welcoming and there is a relaxing atmosphere from the second you step foot into the hotel. The rooms varied in size but each one was spacious and extremely clean. This hotel is one where you could easily hang around in for the duration of your trip compared to a hotel where you drop off your stuff and feel like you need to get out immediately.
I cannot stress enough how friendly and accommodating the staff were. The night porter, John, even went to the trouble of getting sandwiches made for us after a night out in Killarney. The king size bed was really comfortable and breakfast both mornings would set you up for the day. The location of the hotel is ideal as it is in the town, with everything in walking distance. However. there was no noise pollution from the streets outside. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody. I would never write a review, but having stayed in Killarney on numerous occasions I think this one is worth it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
Dear Emc31,

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor and for staying with us on your recent visit to Killarney. Although I was not here myself I did hear from John and other members of the team how much they enjoyed the company of your group over the weekend.

If you revisit us in the future please let me know so that I may personally oversee your stay with us.

Cork
Reviewed 10 January 2011

My partner and I decided on a little weekend break to re-charge following
the Christmas madness and having lunched in the Killarney Royal on a number
of day trips to Killarney we decided to spend a couple of nights there and
we were not disappointed.

For a relaxing weekend break it was perfect, on arrival we received a warm
greeting and although I declined the offer of having my car moved to the
nearby public car park it was a nice touch.

The lobby area with it's inviting fire and comfortable seating is the ideal
space to enjoy a coffee while reading the paper or availing of the
complimentary wifi.

Our room was both comfortable and spacious and had a real sense of charm.

The food in the hotel is delicious, I would highly recommend the beef stir
fry and if you are looking for a change from the full irish, the breakfast
pancakes are a must.

The staff are superb and really contributed to our stay. There is a genuine
willingness to help in any way possible be it hotel related or general
queries relating to what Killarney has to offer. Special mention has to go
to Michael, the type of guy that feels no task is too big or small.

All and all a great weekend was had and we both look forward to getting back
to Killarney and the Killarney Royal really soon

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear crowls_11,

Thank you for staying with us at Killarney Royal and for sharing your review with other travellers.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you.

Thank you also for supporting our cuisine and for the kind words pertaining to our team.
I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to Michael who trully is a great professional and such a great asset to our team.

We look forward to a return visit in not so distant future.

Kind regards

San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 January 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights New Years. We got upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful. Very comfortable and the view was fantastic. It had everything we needed. It was very clean, housekeeping did a great job! Ate at the restaurant & the dinner was delicious !! Upon check-in the receptionist was very friendly, as we expected and checking out was just as pleasant. Highly recommend this hotel, its great location and the friendliest staff ever.
Thank you Killarney Royal. We will be back !!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caligal7
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Dear caligal7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and indeed for sharing your positive experience with others.

I was delighted to read how highly you rated our hotel and will be delighted to extend your gratitude on to the rest of the team.
I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for any return visits.

Kind Regards,

Cork
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed here with my very elderly mother for one night. Every member of staff that we encountered were so helpful and friendly for the moment we arrived to check in until we left. They really made us feel very important to them. The room was great and had a beautiful bathroom, there was great food in the bar and overall everything was very good value. It was nice to get such lovely personal service which isn't very common in hotels today. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnLCork
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Dear AnnLCork,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Killarney Royal, and for taking the time to write your great review.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and truly relaxed. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible throughout their stay. Thank you for your great comments about our staff, and cuisine, I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to the whole team here. Thank you also for supporting our restaurants.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors hopefully in the not too distant future.

Brian Scally
dublin
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Good location right in the town centre but the hotel is a little dated and the bathrooms need to be upgraded. We ordered breakfast to the room the next morning. Poached eggs,toast and coffee for two people and were charged 32 euro. When we queried this with the girl at reception she said each person was charged 6 euro room service fee, what a rip off. I won't be going back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Killarneyroyal, Manager at Killarney Royal, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Dear SaoirseD10,

First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to review Killarney Royal on TripAdvisor. All feedback positive and negative helps us in maintaining the high standards that we are known for. However, I am deeply sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.

We are a family run business for over three generations and we constantly maintain the “old world” style boutique hotel that we have developed. Over the years the hotel has never been associated with the term “rip off” and I feel your criticisms are unjustified.

However, having read all your other contributions on TripAdvisior, I was pleasantly surprised with our review. It was by far and away the best review that you posted. I do hope you find a hotel that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.

Regards,