All reviews chinese takeaway ladies showers ivy room great campsite killarney town gleneagle hotel the pub ring of kerry facilities
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Arrived when reception was closed,followed directions to pitch up and pay when reception was open. 33 Euros per night really felt conned but being as it was so late decided to accept it. This is one place that I certainly wouldn’t to visit again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the campsite feeling knackered having travelled from Italy for the Kilarny bike festival. The guys on the gate were very helpful and friendly. In the middle of setting up my tent an horrible arrogant man started hassling me to move my bike. I later found out that this poor excuse for a man was the site owner and he clearly had a problem with bikers.
The grass is shallow and the ground below was concrete so difficult to peg the tent out on.
The showers were dirty and some didn't work. Those that did took a euro for about 2 minutes of luke warm water. You need at least 2 euro to have a decent shower.
Very early the morning after arrival I was woken to the rude and aggressive owner shouting at another group of bikers to get packed and get off his site. Apparently they had been making to much noise the night before. I heard nothing even though these bikers were no more than 20 feet from my tent. This man was causing more disturbance.
Feeling that this group of bikers had been unfairly treated I tried to reason with the owner. He then turned on me too saying I should leave with the others. I explained I was just trying to say that there was no need for such unreasonable behaviour but the owner became threating and aggressive towards me. So I had to pack up and leave. I spent the next 3 nights on the grass verge opposite the festival for free. Never will I visit this festival again. This man should not be in this line of work. He is not for to deal with the public.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank mimmo0857
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Trouble from the begin I was organizing a trip for 15 from Wales to Bike fest.first there was no reply to emails or phone calls .so I got bike fest organizer to step in .so booking was done and confirmation sent.on arrival the owner denied having a booking unroll I produced proof.it was obvious he didn't want us there kept hassling us where to park and rushing us to set up.on our first night we were together chatting when the owner came over and said he didn't want us there and we had to leave in the morning. We tried to reason with him but he was aggressive towards us like a spoiled child.8am following morning he's banging on the tent demanding to speak with me .saying he was going to make our lives difficult and we wouldn't find anywhere to stay as he was oringing around other sites..as it happens we found a great site in white bridge ...Dont Trust this Man word used loosely

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed 13 June 2018

When we arrived at this site there was a sign on the reception door informing caravanners etc to choose their pitch and settle in and that reception would be open at 05.00 pa, this is exactly what we did. Upon completion of the paperwork we discovered that the cost of a pitch was 33 euros per night, if we wanted to roll out our awning it would cost even more. His prices start at 15 euros per night, but extra for showers, extra for electrics and then charges per person bringing the total to 33 euros per night, not including the awning. He wasn't a very nice person and was rude to some Dutch motorhomes booking in. If it wasn't that we had travelled all day, was very tired and settled on our pitch, we would have not stayed. We have travelled from Dublin to here over the past week and this is the most expensive site we have come across. I certainly wouldn't recommend this site. Wish I had read Trip Advisor first! !

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank waunwyllt39
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Words can't even explain the experience of visiting Flesk!!
After two days of travelling, my fiance and i was looking forward to a much relaxing stay in beautiful Island.
Meeting up with some friends was part of the highlight of our stay and a little friendly atmosphere made it all the more a perfect experience.
We met some locals who gave us such a wonderful welcome and we sat together for a few beers.
The Storm Hit!
Yes, it may well have been a category 7
The owner cane shouting and being abusive, the garbage that spilled out of his mouth was just embarrassing for our fellow Celtic neighbours.
Nutshell, we were told to leave and get off his campsite.
What a vile little man with a big attitude.
No way was we going to stay or even carry on the plee explain circumstances.
I have Multiple Sclerosis and was exhausted and the upheaval tipped me over the edge, I was so Ill and struggled to pack and find an alternative site.
Nothing is with the experience of staying in this venue, I only wish we video recorded this encounter of hell.
We did go on to find a lovely family owned campsite just up the hill Flemings, unfortunately we should have read trip advisor first.
Unbelievable how he has treated so many people in such arrogance..
Simply, he has the monopoly in the area and feels he is lord if the town.
An experience never to forget.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple