Riverside Hotel Killarney
US$293
US$273
US$283
US$413
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$246
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,349 results
All reviewslovely hotelopen firebar foodtown centrereception areamuckross roadenjoyed our stayring of kerryroom was spotlessstayed for nightsmuckross housefull irishwould highly recommend this hotelnational parksecond to nonechristyinec
Reviewed 7 September 2008

I decided to start my trip around Ireland in Killarney, having never been there before. Looked on the internet for a hotel and came across the Riverside. The hotel looked nice and had a very cheap rate, as I was booking it that same day and it was a quiet Sunday night. I rang the hotel directly and asked to book a room. The girl on the phone seemed frazzled and asked could she ring me back as she was in the middle of dealing with another guest. I told her it was no problem and started to give her my number....but she'd already hung up! Rang back, got an apology straight away - she was still busy, but took my name, number and told me I was booked in for that night.

We arrived at the hotel later that evening. Tried to check in but surprisingly there was no reservation!! Girl on reception was quite rude, not so subtly suggesting we had never booked with them. She then threw a clipboard at me and said, oh it's fine, we have rooms, just fill that in and I'm sure we'll take you. I first enquired was there wireless in the rooms as I needed to take care of some business. Was told there definetely was. It took three phonecalls and a trip to reception again later to finally get the code for the wireless which of course it turn out only worked if you sat at the reception desk.

Receptionist we dealt with overall was very rude - and charged us double what we'd agreed with the orignal phonecall. We were only told this on checkout, even though I had asked the night before.

Average hotel, average breakfast, rude staff.

3  Thank Hermes_01
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Myself and my wife stayed in the Riverside for two nights, over a weekend. The reception area was welcoming and the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms were a little on the small side but clean; the bathroom was a little dated looking, for a reasonably new building.

We were given a room on the third floor, which found was directly over the outside smoking area of the bar. There were two stag parties staying at the same time as us, making use of the bar until well into the early morning, meaning we got no sleep that night. We requested to be moved the next morning. which was handled with the minimum of fuss by the staff, who sent up a bottle of wine to the (new) room by way of apology.

Breakfast was passable, but not very appetizing

The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk from Killarney town centre.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Spockerooney
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I have just returned from a few days at this hotel and it was a very pleasant experience.The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and always willing to assist.The rooms were nicely decorated and had tea/coffee making facilities.There was a great choice of food at breakfast and served hot to you at your table.
I sampled the bar food which was delicious.
The hotel was within walking distance of Killarney town and easy access to all facilities.
I would recommend this hotel.
Michele,Surrey

1  Thank Michele64Surrey
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We stayed for 3 nights and eat in the hotel on our final night. The room was a little on the small side but very comfortable. The staff were very attentive and we were well looked after for our entire stay. We noticed the duty manager was very diligent in his duties and made a point of speaking with all the guests in the bar & restaurant.
I did notice the bar menus on the hotel website were incorrect on both price and content - in fact all the meals were more expensive than advertised - a little sloppy. The food was good though and pricing was on a par with other establishments in Killarney. Another small gripe is the charge for a basic contintental breakfast - this should be included in the room rate. The hotel is an ideal base for sightseeing or a weekend of relaxation, we will definitely return!

1  Thank Finn08
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My husband and I checked into the riverside last week for a two night stay and it is doubtful we will be returning.
On arrival the first thing I noticed was the smell of sewerage around the building, however keeping optimustic we retreated to our room. It was another let down. The room was very small and the lighting was poor as was the decor and furniture (the carpet on the floor was soiled and dirty). The bathroom was the worst, dirty shower curtain, defective shower head spraying water everywhere and I was disgusted to find hairs still in the bath from previous guests. Our room was at he front of the hotel which ment we heard all the traffic noise from the road, also we could hear everything that was going on in the rooms beside us and out in the hall. Rececption on the television in or room was also very poor. Not one member of staff asked us once during our stay was everything ok.
Not a hotel I would recommend for a relaxing retreat.

3  Thank Manddill