“Great Stay at This Lovely Hotel”

Riverside Hotel Killarney
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spent a weekend at the Riverside Hotel in Killarney and couldn't have been happier! The location is great. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very friendly and very helpful!
Three of us checked in with our heavy luggage (we had been in Ireland almost 3 weeks) and when we asked for a trolley to bring our luggage to our room, a young man, Christy, came to our rescue and delivered our luggage. We later found him working in the pub! He definitely went above and beyond to help us enjoy our stay!
The pub food and service were great as well!! We ordered an assortment of appetizers for dinner one night and they were all excellent! And again, Christy's service was perfect!!
Hope to return to Killarney (I have yet to "see" the Ring of Kerry on a sunny day) and will definitely return to the Riverside Hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the front in a triple and it was a bit noisy when the pub closed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a nice budget Hotel within easy walking distance to Killarney Town centre. I cannot give a proper balanced review as although I booked 2 rooms on the 7th of February I was shocked to get a call from the Hotel manager the day before I was due to travel to say that I was being relocated to a 3 star Hotel at the Tralee/killorgan roundabout at the opposite end of the town. I choose the Riverside as it was beside the venue that my niece was having her wedding reception.

I booked through LIDL Breaks but got no satisfaction when I told them what had happened.
I wrote to the Manager of the Riverside but again got no reply.

Its obvious that my rooms were sold on for a higher price and I was turfed out.
Before you book this Hotel just be aware that you may be treated
shabbily like me. Is this normal practise for Hotels like the Riverside to treat customers in this deplorable fashion.

5  Thank James R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was well located close to Killarney town centre 10 minutes walk.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were good value for money. The bedrooms were a good size and clean
Over all a good hotel however ldont believe it would it is a four star hotel but a top rate three star. The main reason for this is the bar could do with a revamp as it looked tired.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Six of us stayed here to celebrate a 60th birthday at the end of July. We dined at the Bacchus restaurant on the first night and the staff and food were amazing - in particular the chicken and chocolate egg, unbelievable!! On the second night my partner fell ill and Aimee on reception and the duty manager (can't remember his name but a young dark haired man) were so unbelievably helpful as I eventually needed to call a doctor. I cannot fault the staff over the entire weekend in the restaurant, bar and reception. Great stay!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself, my husband and my 2 eldest kids stayed here for 2 nights. This was our second time staying here, the first time being when our eldest child was 5 months old. Lovely room, very clean and newly done up, very friendly staff and a comfortable setting. The bar food was top class. The board games/jigsaws in the lobby were a big hit with my kids. We will be back again and will highly recommend this hotel to any of our friends and family if they are making a trip to Killarney.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel and can only give in 5 stars. From the moment we arrived the staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was lovely, large bed, clean through out and plenty of hot water. We dined in the Baccus restaurant on the first night, the menu was varied and interesting and the food was excellent. Good selection of wines on the menu too. The restaurant staff were right on with their recomendations. Breakfast was very good on both mornings. The walk into the town was easily done and enjoyable. Killarney is as always a great place to visit and we had a lovely 2 days. Thank you both Killarney and Riverside Hotel staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed for an overnight at this hotel in order to attend a family function. First impression all seemed fine. Lobby and reception area modern and welcoming. Receptionst was pleasant but not very professional. A guy started our booking and without saying anything just handed the paperwork over to someone else???? When we got to the room it was really warm and old and worn. Not what you would expect for four star hotel. As we were going out we didn't delay it when we returned later that night the room was still very warm. Window was open but it was at the rear of hotel and very noisy. Some machine was going all night. At 10.30am housekeeping tried to enter the room but we told them we were still there. At 12 noon she returned and said we needed to check out as she needed the room. In all my stays in various hotels did this ever before occur. I don't think this hotel is 4 star standard and is definitely over priced. Pity as it has a fab location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple