Riverside Hotel Killarney
HotelQuickly
US$431
TripAdvisor
1,336 results
All reviewslovely hotelopen firebar foodtown centrereception areamuckross roadenjoyed our stayring of kerryroom was spotlessstayed for nightsmuckross housefull irishwould highly recommend this hotelnational parksecond to nonechristyinec
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is a joke. The furniture is old and falling apart. I pushed in one drawer in the desk and it fell out of the bottom. The carpet is old, worn and stained. The fact that it has a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor blows my mind. If this is excellent, what isn't? Tours. They should be ashamed of themselves for using this hotel.I stayed at this hotel because it was part of a tour with Globus.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want anything close to high end
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eastfield1655
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were just doing bar food but it was an occasion - so we hoped for a nice meal. Before I begin I have to compliment the lovely, pleasant & efficient staff that served us.. but that is where i have to leave it - the only good part of the meal was the starters - Goats Cheese was lovely, as were the prawns.. I had the steak sandwich & one had the burger... our meat was tough as an old boot. The fish special was ok but the veg was practically raw - i dont think it even met the pot.

At that stage we said, look lets just have dessert - unfortunately even this was a huge let down - if you cant get dessert right, you really do need to go back to chef school. So all in all a hugely disappointing experience and their was a group of us & we all agreed, the only good thing about this place was the friendly staff.

NOT TO BE DONE EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KillowenCork
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Toured Southern Ireland 21-28 July 2014 (with 3 days in Oldcastle Co.Meath for business, 4 days touring). This review is part of that tour; where we ate, visited & stayed.
Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and it was good. Our room was not ready even though we turned up at 2.30pm (rooms availble from 2pm) so we went and had a drink in the attached bar. About 1/2 hour later we were allowed to book in. No problems as these things happen. We wanted to visit the town and the nearby sites (Torc waterfall, etc) so had to ask for a local map (which I know from my travels hotels have), it would of been nice if one was freely given rather than requested. But once received the staff member was helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations and what to go and visit.

Nice hotel, very good value for money and in good location - 15 minute stroll on a flat road into town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spent a weekend at the Riverside Hotel in Killarney and couldn't have been happier! The location is great. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very friendly and very helpful!
Three of us checked in with our heavy luggage (we had been in Ireland almost 3 weeks) and when we asked for a trolley to bring our luggage to our room, a young man, Christy, came to our rescue and delivered our luggage. We later found him working in the pub! He definitely went above and beyond to help us enjoy our stay!
The pub food and service were great as well!! We ordered an assortment of appetizers for dinner one night and they were all excellent! And again, Christy's service was perfect!!
Hope to return to Killarney (I have yet to "see" the Ring of Kerry on a sunny day) and will definitely return to the Riverside Hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the front in a triple and it was a bit noisy when the pub closed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a nice budget Hotel within easy walking distance to Killarney Town centre. I cannot give a proper balanced review as although I booked 2 rooms on the 7th of February I was shocked to get a call from the Hotel manager the day before I was due to travel to say that I was being relocated to a 3 star Hotel at the Tralee/killorgan roundabout at the opposite end of the town. I choose the Riverside as it was beside the venue that my niece was having her wedding reception.

I booked through LIDL Breaks but got no satisfaction when I told them what had happened.
I wrote to the Manager of the Riverside but again got no reply.

Its obvious that my rooms were sold on for a higher price and I was turfed out.
Before you book this Hotel just be aware that you may be treated
shabbily like me. Is this normal practise for Hotels like the Riverside to treat customers in this deplorable fashion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family