My husband and I stayed in the Riverside Hotel on 16th August past and we were very disappointed with the quality of the room.
1. There was no central heating in the room (only an electric heater on the wall, which could be construed as a fire hazard if it had stayed on long enough to build up a bit of heat. We swiched it on when we went back to the room about 10.30pm but no light came on for approx 15 minutes and when it did warm up the smell of burning dust was bad and my husband said not to leave it on, so about 11.45pm I got up to switch it off again and it was already cold. This meant when we got up in the morning the room was cold also.
2. There was a cushion on top of the bed with a whiteish stain which looked like bodily fluid. Disgusting.
3. The quilt had a tear on the top left corner of approx 3 inches, the stuffing was sticking out and there were several hairs stuck to this. This made me think that there should have been another cover on top of the quilt, otherwise everyone sleeps under the same dirty quilt. Again disgusting.
4. All I wanted for breakfast was a bowl of porridge, and they even managed to bring that to me at only luke warm temperature although when I asked for it to be warmed the staff did this.
When I spoke to the receptionist the next morning she just kept saying why did I not come and complain the night before. Perhaps I should have, but as I was already undressed and getting into bed to keep warm I thought I would just wait until the morning.
This may sound very harsh, but I came away from your hotel with the impression that because we got one of the last available rooms it was take it or leave it, and as I had already paid when we arrived I felt we were just being fobbed off, and I even asked if all the rooms cost the same because at 149 euro, that's a lot of money for a poor quality and the most expensive room we paid for in Killarney.
Hopefully there will be improvements made to Room 111 as I would not be recommending your hotel to anyone and will be putting a poor review on trip advisor in the
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to the Flesk River, the Killarney Riverside Hotel is a Four star Boutique style hotel located on the Muckross Road (near the INEC), a 10 minute walk from Killarney town centre. Our Bedroom Accommodation is of a 4 star standard with phone, TV, hairdryer, tea/coffee tray, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access and a 24 hour room service menu. The hotel is also a perfect base for golf, fishing, horse riding, touring County Kerry's many scenic attractions and a host of other outdoor activities in Kerry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Riverside Hotel Killarney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killarney Riverside Hotel