“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orchid Day Spa

Orchid Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Orchid Day Spa is an oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation in the heart of Killarney. Authentic Asian treatments like Reflexology, Thai Traditional Massage and the Marma Point Head & Face Massage give great results for a wide range of ailments. We use Eminence Organic Skin Care products for all of our facials which are prescriptive and results driven. Facials like the Orchid Fire & Ice Facial or the Orchid Yam & Pumpkin Pro-Enzyme Peel produce great immediate and lasting results, particularly on aged or sun damaged skin. Every visit to Orchid Day Spa begins with a consultation with your therapist who will advise the best treatment for you on the day. Visitors and tourists to beautiful Killarney are very welcome.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

My wife has asked me to post this review. Whilst we were in Killarney, he had a facial here one evening.
She says it was incredible - the whole service and experience is one of the best she ever had. I thought she'd gotten lost, she was gone so long! She was given relaxation time, herbal tea, a fantastic facial and massage.
We could be going to Killarney again very soon, just so that she can return here!

Visited March 2013

Killarney, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Got a voucher from my work colleagues for my birthday. Decided to go after work as a treat after a long day. I walked in and felt like I was in a different country. Moolan was absolutely lovely, very poilte and although I was there 2.5 hours I never felt like I was being rushed out the door. Got the brown sugar exfoliation, what a treat, followed by a massage. Definitely the best and Ive been to them all now at this stage. Will absolutely be back. Thanks Moolan

Visited January 2013
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This beautiful spa in the middle of Killarney is the ideal getaway from the bustling streets of Killarney town. The spa has been fully revamped and is beautifully decorated. Moolan, the proprietor, gave me my treatment and she was excellent. I have been to other 5 star spa's and this has definitely been my best experience as yet. Definitely worth a visit!

Visited December 2012
Killarney, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

Little gem in killarney. Fantastic place with 5 star treatment and enviroment. Both Moolan and Katie are great ambassador for Orchid Day Spa.

Visited December 2012
Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A lovely relaxing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful spa situated near Killarney town centre. As you walk up the pedestrianised lane, you do not expect such a lovely spa to be located here. You would expect a spa with this type of design and style to be situated in a plush hotel.

When you walk in the front door on the ground floor, you get a lovely aroma of essential oils. The spa is located on the 2nd floor which can be reached by a lift or stairs. The reception area is very warm and welcoming and very stylish.

I was greeted by Katie, a Thai therapist with many years of experience in the spa field. She took some details and brought me to a changing room where I was given a lovely dressing gown and slippers. If you need a shower, this facility is also available. I was then brought to a lovely relaxation area and given a lovely herbal tea.

After about ten minutes, I was brought to a lovely massage treatment room. Katie had a basin with warm water to soak my feet in first. After these were patted dry, Katie started my Swedish massage. Her skills and techniques were evident within minutes. She started on my neck and shoulders, then onto my back, my legs and feet. I was asked to turn over after 30minutes and she started on the front of my legs, my arms, shoulders and hands. She finished off with a few more minutes on my neck and a short head massage. She then left me to relax for a few minutes before bringing me back to the relaxation room where she had herbal tea and a selection of fruit waiting for me.

After a few minutes, Moolan also came in to see if everything went well...this gave me a chance to find out about the other treatment they provide. By the time I was leaving I was so relaxed and refreshed. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my hour long massage. My only regret was I didn't book a longer session as you can get 90 minute massages too.

I would highly recommend this spa. Katie was a great therapist and Moolan a fantastic ambassador for the spa.

I will definitely be back !!!!!!!!!