“Amazing food but Not Great for Kids”
Review of La Rambla

La Rambla
Ranked #26 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Amazing food but Not Great for Kids”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I ate in La Rambla lastnight! I had the speciality seafood platter and my Mum and sister ate off the early bird menu. The food was absolutely amazing!! Some of the kids shared pizzas which they liked and asked for chips on the side! They came out as fried potatoes which they loved but ended up costing €4.95 a portion! Ouch! Our fussy baby of the family asked for plain pasta which cost €7!! The drinks were expensive too. The service was good though. Really the food was amazing and well worth the prices, it was just the overpriced extras that ruined it for us!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Shauna C

Dublin, Ireland
“Yum”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very busy restaurant and I can see why.
Very authentic Spanish restaurant.
I had a pizza he had Spanish chicken.
We had a litre of sangria meal and drink costing €48 between us.
Would go again
Yum

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Andie B
Winchester, United Kingdom
“WOW”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Was searching for a place to eat on a bank holiday and found la rambla on a side street. Warm welcome from staff and comfortable seating. Very clean and staff were very attentive. We ordered from the early bird menu which offered two courses and tea/coffee for €19. I had the deep fried prawn and my partner had deep fried Manchego. Both exceeded our expectations and we cleared the plates. For the main I had the sea food bake, which was fresh and not too filling. My partner had stuffed pork and was pleased with this. Portions wer just right for me. Atmosphere was wonderful and the music made you feel as if you were in Spain. Would definitely go back.

Tullamore
“Super Food!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic food. Patatas bravas nd allioli were gorgeous. Beef skewers r a must, melt in the mouth. House bread with olive oil and basil is amazing. Pino Grigio was a delight. Genuinely super place with pleasant Spanish staff!!!

Kildare, Ireland
“disappointing”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This looks like a really nice place from the outside and the menu looks fantastic but what a let down when you walk in the door. There was 3 of us eating and we all had different dishes. The food was extremely disappointing. The food was drowned in salt and the 3 of us were severed at different times. One person was finished their meal when the other two meals arrived. The staff were very disorganized not friendly and gave the impression they didn't really care. I asked for a jug of water for the table and i'm still waiting for it!!! Had to wait over 15 minutes for the bill. To sum it up awful food, awful staff, awful place!!!

• Visited July 2014