“A little disappointed”

and 1 more site!
Neptunes Hostel
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The hostel is home to a very friendly staff and offers many tours and deals. I was disappointed by the very small twin room I received which was smaller than a prison cell. The quality of the shared toilets was very low and the flow of water was extremely weak in a way that no one should be showering. I got tickets for a tour to the ring of Kerry from the hostel. I was quite disappointed by it, it turned out to be quite the tourist trap ripoff.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Saint Marys, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Even though I was traveling with a tour group and everything was prearranged, I couldn't have picked a better hostel myself! If you're looking for a great place to stay in the party town of Killarney, this is it! I lucked into a 3-person set-up and even ended up with a full bed, which of course enhanced my experience, as I had been expecting a tiny, more typical hostel bed. My only complaint about this place is that the water pressure was low - but I still managed to shower, so all in all, it made for a great night. Neptunes is very close to anywhere you might want to go in Killarney. The place is very safe - a security guard stopped a friend and I as we entered the lane just to see our security pass and key card. Free WiFi is available downstairs, and they even have one computer that's free for guests to use!

• Stayed March 2011
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed there twice, both while in Kilarney to climb carrauntoohill. First time I stayed there was absolutely brill, staff were great and helpful. Even took our details and time we were gonna climb. Second time we were there was good, but not as good as the first time. They weren't very helpful but in saying that is was very busy that day. Would definitley stay there again for sure. But if your travelling with your partner, try and get a single room, as my partner wasn't too impressed with sharing a room with six other guys lol.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed here while in Killarney on on an activity weekend with my wife and some friends. Well located on the main street in Killarney. We stayed in a buliding away from main part of the hostel. Nothing in our room apart from bed and sink. Not even a hook to hang up our jackets.
€20 pps a night for room with en-suite. You could probaly get a better hostel than this one to be honest.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Rimini
Reviewed 3 September 2010

A friendly staff and a central location are really nice!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I was there for one night with Shamrockers. It had free wifi downstairs, which was great, and the rooms and bathrooms were nice and clean. Good location, close to the main street in Killarney.

• Stayed July 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2010

This was a place we stayed because the area was far too nice to do in the time we alloted so we needed a place to stay. We walked in off the street and they gave us two beds in a 8 bed dorm for 14euro. It was easy to find from the street.

The beds were ok. The pillows were far too flat and felt like i was lying on a duvet, but then you get that when you stay in a hostel. The room we were in was quiet, though if you are a light sleeper you will notice the revelry from the pub next door.

Kitchen was clean and the free breakfast can never be beaten!

Would stay again