“Super hostel !!”
Review of Paddy's Palace

Paddy's Palace
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I was supposed to stay there only 3 nights, and actually ended up staying almost a whole week ! Super hostel, one of the best. Louise was very nice and really cared about everyone there. Seriously a very good place to stay in Killarney, and it's not far from the National Park either. You'll definitely feel welcome when you go there !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Paddy's Palace Killarney, so much so that I was there twice in 2 months! In December I spent 3 nights there, and made amazing friends with not only the inmates but also the manager Louise, who went out of her way to ensure we were happy and had plenty to do. The hostel is by no means modern; but it's got character and that's what I LOVED the most! The kitchen is decorated by past travelers, the chairs are mismatched and the rooms are so homely. Best of all the price, 8 euro a night and if you stay a 3rd night it's free! For this you get a nice clean bed with linen, free basic breakfast and access to the kitchen which includes 'shared' food (rice, bread, tea/coffee etc), The bed linen is always clean and the bathrooms are immaculate. It feels like you're at home and everyone there became my family. Paddy's is smack bang in the middle of Killarney, too, with easy access to all shops and convenience stores, bus stations and the pristine national park. We had a great time exploring the pubs at night, you just can't go past Killarney if you want some real, good old fashioned Irish entertainment! I will definitely be back, it's my favourite hostel thus far.

1  Thank katerasche
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed here as part of 10 day Paddywagon tour of Ireland. Caretaker Louise incredibly kind and helpful. Like several of the paddy palaces I think some money needs to be spent on the facilities.
Close to town and National Park which has great walks.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a Paddy Wagon tour (which is also highly recommended!) and loved it! The lady running the place is so lovely, helpful and accommodating, and the location is perfect for exploring the cute town of Killarney and the beautiful national park which is just a few minutes walk away.

After my stay with the tour, I was back on my own terms as I enjoyed it so much!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 January 2013

During my 4 week trip through Ireland and Wales I stayed in Killarney Paddy's Palace for 4 nights, even if I hand only planned to stay there for 2. But the prices (16€ for 2 nights, 3rd for free! in 12bed room), the friendly and loveable staff (Btw thanks Louise for the tip with the national park in Wales) and nice people at the hostel changed my mind. Not to forget the nice city and the amazing national park (perfect for daytrips directly from the hostel!).
You meet (perhaps also because of the price) a lot of backbackers or travellers there. A lot of different nationalities and even more interesting stories. Had good times cooking, hanging out, drinking and doing daytrips with some of them.

Truely the best hostel stay during my trip. Perhaps I had luck with the people, but I think PP is definitly a good address for travellers. Looking forward to go back there soon :)

Cheers,

Pat

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 7 January 2013

A really nice hostel where I felt really at home with so many nice people, always! It's been so hard to leave this place! in cumulate I've spent like 2 weeks in the 12 beds room and I had a good sleep, in a clean bed, and a clean bathroom! There was a good ambiance but always respectful for the sleep of others. I think all this positives points are in large part due to Louise, the receptionnist, who works really hard for the hostel and to make everybody happy, she is a really nice and generous person!
The other postive part of this hostel: it's in Killarney! Where I really have a good time, with beautyfull landscapes, so much to do! with mountains, forests, lakes, and the national Killarney Park... Amazing! the best is to visit all of this with other travellers of the hostel, and have a good time! Plus there is always things to do during the night, with a lot of good pubs, with great Irish music...
And last but not least, the price is really interesting!

For sure... I WILL COME BACK!

Room Tip: Bedrooms are just what you need for what there is to do in Killarney! After a hard Hike, or even a g...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I really felt like being at home. The people are so nice and friendly and trry to help in every situation. I travelled alone but found lot of friends here. Especially Louis, the staff of the hostel is great!
Even if the rooms are not so nice the beds are comfortable, cheap and clean. The bathrooms, kitchens and floors are cleaned every day.
The hostel is located very central (2min from the National Park, 2min from the main road) and there are a lot of things to do. Even on raining days. There is a computer free to use for everyone, a Tv room with lot of films to watch and the kitchen, where always somebody is to talk or play cards with.
I had a wonderful time here in Paddys Palace and I can really recommend it.