“Great Value!”

Dromhall Hotel
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in The Dromhall recently with some friends, I also stayed here in januanary with my girlfriend. This Hotel offers great value in the Off season. 3 of us stayed in a room for about €32 each. This was a room only basis. To get this value in Killarney, in a 4 star hotel close to town is real proof that there is great value to be had these days. The staff in the hotel are very friendly , I found the reception and Bar staff great to talk to, and it was nice to see some local staff working in the hotel. The room was large and very clean with all expected amenities provided. However I would suggest to the hotel to provide soap bars as standard in all rooms, liquid soap is not good enough for a 4 star. But keep up the good work and I will return for more of that great value!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear John5840

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your visits to our hotel this year. I was delighted to hear how happy you were with both of your recent stays. We're proud of our hard-working and committed staff here, so it was lovely to read your kind comments about them.

I take on board your comment about providing soap bars as standard. The reason we don't do this is for environmental purposes, but we do always have bars available for any guest who requests one.

We hope you have the opportunity to come and visit us again one day soon.

Kind regard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We arrived at the hotel in the evening after a long exhausting day of driving. The lot was overflowing with vehicles and people because of a wedding that was being held in the banquet room.

The exterior of the hotel made a good first impression and our breath was taken away upon entering the lobby.

The staff in this hotel were wonderfully pleasant and extremely helpful. The hotel bar was a fun place to hang out and the locals who stop by for a drink are very friendly.

If you will be in Killarney I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Robert A

Thank you for your review, following your recent visit to our Hotel. I was pleased to read your comments about our hotel frontage and lobby, and to learn that you were impressed by our staff. As a family-run hotel, this is something that is very important to us.

Kayne's Bar & Bistro is certainly very popular with our locals and residents alike, so it was nice that you were able to spend time there during your visit.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dromhall Hotel one day.

Beattyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was probably my favorite place that I stayed in Ireland. The room was decorated so nice, everything was clean, and the beds slept so good!! I had to fight with the door lock a little, but nothing extraordinary. The staff was excellent, the pub, & the Dining room/food was very enjoyable! Really enjoyed my visit! A close walk took you right into the center of town for more sightseeing & shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Peggy-145

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your recent visit to The Dromhall Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our food, service, décor, cleanliness and comfort are all things that we continually monitor as they are crucial to a good stay with us, so it was lovely to hear how happy you were with everything.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dromhall one day.

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

First the good: The hotel was clean and convenient to walking into town, and parking was easy. Now the not so good: Our room was next to the elevator, and it was quite noisy. We asked to be moved, but the hotel was full, as there were 2 tour groups staying there. The food was good but the service really bad. We were "ordered" to sit down and wait by one waitress because she was busy with the tour groups. When we were finally seated we still had to wait a while to order our food. The hotel knew in advance that it was having the large groups for dinner and the time, so they should have had more staff. What was really bad however, was that once the tour groups left, the staff wouldn't wait on us until all the other tables were cleaned. I actually had to get up and ask for the food. Not a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear CA-MR

Thank you for your comments, following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you liked our hotel, our convenient location and our food. I would like to apologise for the noise you experienced from the lift and for the fact that we were unable to move you to another room. We are looking into the lift noise to see if there is anything we can do about it.

I was most concerned to read your comments about our staff. Yes we were busy, but we have been busy all summer and our staff is normally exceptional at coping with this. Whilst I'm sure it's of little comfort to you to hear this, your experience was not the norm for our hotel and I am sorry for the service that you received. I will be looking into the matter to see what went wrong and to see what we can learn from it.

virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Thankfully, we were in the back of the hotel, away from the wedding parties and noisy elevator. The rooms are nicely appointed,

We had a lot of trouble getting on wifi - "upgrading it they said" - but I did not buy it.

The food was very good, although we were one of three tour groups there, and the poor staff was often overwhelmed.

Good location - 10-15 minute walk to the center of town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear luke47

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. As you say, our location is very convenient, being so close to town but not in the middle of it.

Regarding Wifi, we have recently upgraded our service to include access from all parts of the hotel, and we were experiencing a few problems initially with the upgrade. I apologise if this inconvenienced you in any way.

I'm delighted you enjoyed our food as this is something that is very important to us. Our staff are a great credit to us also and we do appreciate that they work very hard during our busy periods.

I hope you may have the opportunity to visit us again sometime in the future.

galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here in July for Killarney Races. We had a most pleasant stay.The hotel is very convenient to the race course and the centre of Killarney town. We were able to leave our car in the car park and take a short cut to the racecourse by a walkway directly across the road from the hotel. Our room was spacious clean and we had a great sleep with no noise disturbance.
We had a lovely meal in the upstairs restaurant. Staff in all sections were most friendly. We look forward to staying in the Dromhall on our next visit to Killarney

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear danno678

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review of your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are indeed blessed with our location, being so close to Killarney town centre, the racecourse as you discovered, and many beautiful spots such as Muckross Gardens and Ross Castle.

I'm pleased that you liked our hotel and our food and that you found our staff to be friendly. It's always rewarding to read nice comments such as yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dromhall Hotel sometime in the future.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I'd like to respond to the reviews of the wedding noise I believe was September 14. We stayed in the sister hotel next door, and heard the all the noise everyone complaining of. Including the parking lot noise, and the front side door where staff?? go out for a smoke. We cloughed in our rooms with the foot stamping and swirled in our beds with the reels. Disturbing? Maybe a wee bit, but we embraced it as the esscence of Ireland. Actually was going to pull on me jeans, and attempt to enjoy all the fun. And yes they were having a ball!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce333
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Joyce333

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your recent stay at our sister hotel, The Randles Court. May I apologise for the fact that you had a disturbed night on account of the wedding here.

I was heartened though, to read your comments. Whilst it may not be everyone's view of course, when disturbed by a wedding, it was lovely to read that you embraced the joy of the occasion and I'm sure you would have been very welcome at the party had you decided to join in!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to either The Randles Court Hotel or The Dromhall Hotel one day in the future.