Dromhall Hotel
  • Pool
Scotts Hotel(Killarney)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewskaynes barsister hotel next doorlovely hoteltown centrebar foodwedding receptionleisure centrefive minute walktour groupmuckross roadbreakfast was includedbus tourenjoyable stayreception areathe pubhotel bartop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

My family recently held a Golden a Jubilee celebration in Dromhall Hotel, Killarney for my parents. The organisation, attention to detail, food and customer service was excellent and went well beyond the level required. E.g. when there was a problem with the DVD player for the slideshow, Mike who was looking after us for the night went home and brought in his own laptop! I couldn't recommend this place highly enough for any occasion.

Stayed: January 2014
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear PhilGammell

Thank you for your lovely review, following your recent family celebration with us. It was our pleasure to host this special event for you and I'm delighted that you were so happy with everything.

I will pass your comments on to Mike and the other staff concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel sometime.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed in the Dromhall Hotel last weekend, place was quiet busy. Have to say the staff were great and very helpfull, when we arrived we were given a room near a fan and the young lady working at reception with blonde hair was most helpful and offered us a different room without hesitation as we are both very light sleepers. For that we were very grateful. Breakfast was lovely perhaps not a 4* buffet but had a nice choice to order from for the hot breakfast including crepes, cold meat plate and the full irish etc, Ate in Kaynes bar the next day , the food is very good with a great variety. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear AshlingM43

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I will pass your comments on to Martina, our receptionist.

I'm pleased too that you enjoyed your breakfast and your meal in our Kayne's Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel and staff are very friendly. They are also a Pet friendly hotel which is a bonus for anyone who likes to take their pets with them. Personally I would have expected more from a 4 star. Could not fault the service and the rooms were adequate. Bathroom was OK, one tube of Shower Gel and one Tube of Shampoo each, fine for a one night stay, but would have expected some body lotion at a min when rated as 4 star. Only a minor issue. Breakfast was fine, not excessive, no choice of yogurt drinks, at the buffet and would have expected a bigger range of options, perhaps because we had breakfast at approx 10.45 we may have missed some of the choice. We had full Irish and in fairness it was served very promptly, toast was a little scarce but there was plenty of bread available at the buffet. Overall good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear joannoel

Thank you for your review, following your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and found it to be good value. We replenish the shower gel and shampoo tubes daily for guests staying on more than one night, as would be standard in most hotels. We do normally supply body lotion and I'm sorry that this was missing in your room.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your full Irish breakfast. We're always happy to supply more toast, should guests request it - we just try to cut down on wastage.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here last summer while doing a tour of Kerry. Had previously stayed in a b&b for 2 nights and moved here for the last night mainly because wanted to use a pool after all the touring. On the morning we went down to check out and had planned on using pool afterwards. We were told the pool was closed (it was 12.30 on a sunday) we were then told we should have gotten up earlier. Hotel was ok but overpriced in my opinion. Got food in the hotel bar and this was very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicwal86

Dear nicwal86

Thank you for your review, following your stay with us last summer. I'm sorry that we didn't fully come up to your expectations. Our pool would normally always be open at that time in high season so I can only think it must have been temporarily closed for a technical reason. I'm sorry that you weren't able to use it. I'm sure the comment made to you about getting up earlier was meant in jest, but I apologise if it came across the wrong way.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the food in our Kayne's Bar & Bistro.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Service was great. The hotel not so much. It was cold, tile floors. I am sure it would be appreciated in the summer but in the winter, not such much. The beds were the hardest mattresses that I have ever slept on. Very uncomfortable. The bar/pub was O.K. Tomas was great and he worked his butt off for the patrons.. I would not stay there again in the winter.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob R
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Bob R

Thank you for your review, following your recent visit to our hotel. I'm sorry that you didn't entirely enjoy your stay with us. Marble and tiled floors are often a feature of Irish Hotels - but I do wish to make it clear that all our bedrooms are fully carpeted. I'm sorry too that the mattress was not to your liking. It's very hard to find a mattress that suits all of our guests, but I must say that we rarely get complaints about them and often receive comments about how comfortable our beds are.

On the plus side, I'm pleased that you appreciated our staff and that you enjoyed Kayne's Bar and the service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Tomas.

Thank you again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel one day.