“Welcoming, Inviting, and Attentive!”
Review of Dromhall Hotel

Dromhall Hotel
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Michael, the manage, made the whole experience warm and friendly! All of the staff were attentive to our needs and the hotel is comfortable and beautifully decorated. The food we had in the bar was excellent. We really enjoyed the traditional Irish entertainers in the bar on Saturday night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear cfbirch

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your recent visit. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your kind comments on to Michael and the rest of the staff. As a family-run business, customer service is very high on our list of priorities so it's heart-warming to read feedback such as yours.

I'm pleased too that you had the opportunity to visit our Kayne's Bar & Bistro and that you enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. It certainly is a popular place with locals and residents alike.

We hope you're able to come and stay with us again one day.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned following a 2 night stay. Food in the bar / bistro was excellent quality and good value. Rooms were comfortable and spacious and decor throughout the hotel was impressive. The thing that stood out however was the attentiveness of the staff. Nothing was a problem even an early morning request for access to Sky Sports to watch a cricket match! Would highly recommend, especially for couples.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MrAlanD77

Thank you for your review, following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel, our food and our staff; it was our pleasure to take care of you and I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

stayed in the dromhall killarney on a wet weekend in January , the hotel itself is nice and warm and cosy , a bit dated but al you need for a comfortable stay, breakfast is buffet style but you can have the full irish cooked fresh while your having you cornflakes,.its sister hotel the randles is much the same and is in the same block which has a spa and pool. there is a lively bar attached (dromhall) which has music from 10 onwards weekends not sure if it has every night but the group will get your toes tapping their are very good. didn't eat here but its just a 5 minute walk to the town centre where there is loads of restraunts and take ways , look up the laurels on main street they do excellent food but go early there nearly always full.

Room Tip: the third floor is good for a view choose the roadside end
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank boxywicklow
BernadetteRandles, General Manager at Dromhall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear boxywicklow

Thank you for your review, following your recent visit. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to offer you some warmth and comfort away from the stormy weather.

Our Kayne's Bar has live music every Saturday night, and is always a popular place with locals and residents alike. It's a shame you didn't get the opportunity to try our food - maybe next time!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my parents we all enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and the hotel and rooms where spotless. We had dinner in Kaynes bar and bistro on two of the nights and the food was lovely. I only had one problem while i was there the room was very warm. All in all a great hotel and will be returning there again.

1  Thank Kelly O

Dear Kelly O

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your recent visit. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and your meals in our Kayne's Bar & Bistro. I'm sorry that you found your room too warm - we're looking into this.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked for three nights on a DBB package. Arrived and carpark was full due to a Wedding, okay these things happen. Into the hotel and checked-in, was offered a dinner reservation, but was advised it wasn't necessary if we wanted to have a think about time etc. We were allocated a room on the first floor, our room was abit tired and could do with a refresh, it also wasn't properly cleaned - both the toilet and bath had strands of the previous guests hair remaining, plus you could have wrote your name in the dust on the top of the toilet. Anyhow, we unpacked and got settled in. It was evident from early on that the rooms had very little to no sound proofing! We decided to go down to Kaynes Bistro for dinner around 8.30pm - restaurant was 50% occupied and we were turned away as apparently they were fully booked - and maybe the bar downstair might have a table, bearing in mind out package was DBB!!!! So we went down to the bar - and we were ignored by not only one member of their staff but three - so we left unfed. Could the night get any worse, afraid it did. The Wedding reception disco started at 10;30pm and it was directly under our room which woke us out off our sleep - this continued till 1;00am. After managing to get back to sleep we were again woke at 3.40am with the wedding guests returning to their rooms on our corridor - and some deciding to sit out in the corridor and party. At around 4am the guest in the room next to ours (not part of the wedding) had to go out and ask them to remove themselves - this was due to him not being able to get an answer to his call to reception!!!! So after 4 hours of sleep we heading down for breakfast - average enough. I went to reception to inform them of the events of the evening - I was given a sorry and your room wasn't near the Wedding function to which I lost it. (Receptionists should really know the hotel layout when they are allocating rooms). Then the Duty Manager I'm guessing as he didn't introduce himself - strugged his shoulders and said sorry that sometimes happens - how very professional. So we went up to the room and got a call from reception offering us a bottle of wine for the hassle, but by this stage we had decided enough was enough and started to pack up to depart. On check-out they tried to charge for the DBB rate for the first evening - even when we couldn't get dinner in the hotel!!! So after much discussion this was changed to the standard BB room rate for the night with no discount offered for all the hassle we experienced. So if your thinking about staying here I really wouldn't waste your time, money or the energy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HolidaySunshine30

Dear HolidaySunshine30

I was very concerned to read your comments. As you will see from our other reviews, your experience with us is the exception rather than the rule. However, I'm sure that's of little comfort to you and I would like to apologise most sincerely for the inconveniences you suffered. I'm sorry that I didn't meet you myself but I am looking into the concerns that you raised.

If you would like to contact me personally, I would be pleased to discuss these concerns with you and to try and make amends. I can assure you that customer service is very high on our list of priorities and I'm sorry that you found us wanting in this area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for three nights with our parents 6 adults and had a great time.From the time we checked in we were looked after.The breakfast was excellent and we had dinner in kaynes bistro on the three nights of our stay.the food and service was excellent and a special mention for Stephen who seemed to serve us every night.would definitely stay here again.Also the manager I forget his name now was so polite hes a spurs fan anyway hope he enjoys his trip to white hart lane, thanks for agreat stay David scannell

Room Tip: A room at front gives agreat view of the mountains

Dear David s

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit. I was so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm delighted too that you enjoyed all your meals in our Kayne's Bistro and I will certainly pass on your comments to Stephen and to Michael.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The welcome from when we arrived to when we left was absolutely amazing. Thanks to everyone for making the entire trip such a super success for us. Bernadette Randles and her team are running the most amazing ship. Breakfast was exceptional. I look forward greatly to returning. The weather was awful but we were more than happy to sit in the bar and hang out in the comfortable drawing rooms/bedrooms. Thanks for everything!

Dear LouiseKIreland

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was indeed our pleasure to take care of you and your family and I'm pleased that we were able to offer you a warm and comfortable haven away from the awful weather!

We look forward to seeing you again.