“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Meath
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

This is a nice hotel with clean comfortable and cosy rooms, try to get a room facing the front of the hotel or you'll be looking at a huge concrete retaining wall out the back. The foyer is pristine ans the staff are friendly. Do get on their mailing list as we got our room for 50 euro a night via an email offer which was definately bargain of the month.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I thought this hotel was quite nice. My wife and I stayed here while on an escorted tour of Ireland. While it is not in the center of the town, the hotel itself is very nice on the inside. The rooms are more than adequate, clean and very quaint. And the hotel's restaurant/bar area is very good too. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is pretty good too. It is a nice place to go to get a Guinness or Murphy's after a day of taking in Killarney's sites.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Still here now, everyone very friendly. Spa great, food was fab my issue here is the standerd of the cleaning it's just not up to scratch it's my no means mega dirty nothing near but as an example there is carpet in the lift which was dirty when we arrived and the same 24 hours later, the bathroom needs to be grouted properly as it makes the bath area look dirty even though it's not, it's not a 4 star a good 3, I'd come back no problem I just feel with a hint more effort this place could be so much more

• Stayed November 2009
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

We had been to Killarney a couple time before but we never crazy about where we stayed until this place. We were traveling with our children aged 16, 13, 11, and 6 and needed two rooms at a reasonable price. Went inside and priced about 10 hotels before the Dromhall. The Holiday Inn about a block down the street wanted almost the same price for rooms that smelled like an ashtry. The Dromhall is an older but well maintained, elegant hotel. We had two non-smoking rooms. They had free wifi in the lobby which we appreciated and breakfast was included (as with many hotels in Ireland, but with 6 of us, it can be a big expense). It was lovely inside and within walking distance to the downtown area, but more reasonably priced than many less elegant hotels that are right in the middle of downtown. Has a leisure center with a lovely indoor pool. We ate from the bar menu --the fajitas were surprisingly yummy (as Texans we are finicky about our fajitas) and breakfast was included and great.
The staff was very helpful, especially Lucien at the front desk. Lovely man, helpful, courteous, and had good sense of humor. He made several calls for my husband and I when we checked out, to hotels in the next town helping us to locate a suitable hotel for the us and our 4 kids and helped us negotiate the price for the rooms. Above and beyond. When we go back to Killarney, I know where we are staying. (Dromhall Hotel).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I really enjoyed, my stay at the Dromhall hotel in Killarney. The room was decorated nicely and had a realxed atmosphere. There was a swimming pool and spa there but we didnt try them out. What i liked best was the staff were so friendly and helpful. i would recommend this hotel to everybody who is looking for somewhere to stay in Killarney.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

We stayed in the Dromhall during 9 day trip in Ireland. It was clean, good sized rooms and had very accommodating staff. I would definitely recommend the Dromhall to any Killarney travelers

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

I had booked a two night stay in this hotel with my girlfriend but after the first night we had to check out! There was a very large wedding on on the hotel when we arrived and without asking whether we were at the wedding the hotel gave us a room directly above the ball room. We could hear the music all night! The room was a good size, however, it was very dated and the walls were in dire need of a coat of paint, the bathroom was filthy as well and our toilet did not flush.

At 7:00 am we were woken up by the sound of furniture being dragged around the place, in setting up the room for breakfast they were shouting and dragging furniture each and every way. When I rang to ask what the noise was, I was told that it was just people checking out, I told the woman it had been going on for an hour, but she told me it was only going on for 10 minutes. The noise continued and I rang again, the same unhelpful member of staff answered and I then spoke to the manager who told me that he would walk the floors to establish what the issue was.

The noise continued and at this point we decided to check out. The only positive of the hotel is its manager. He was very apologetic and extremely understanding. I would not recommend that hotel to a soul and I hope that the manger moves to a hotel more suiting to his abilities.

This hotel was overpriced and is definitely not a 4*, it delivered 2* performance and a 2* room, romantic weekend ruined!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple