“All in all a Nice Hostel”
Review of Railway Hostel

and 1 more site!
Railway Hostel
Falun, Sweden
“All in all a Nice Hostel”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

+ The Hostel has a Perfect Location for backpacker with a heavy backpack to get rid of. The dorm was nice and the facilities okay relatively clean.

- The reception staff was at times really unhelpful and the keycards did not work properly.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I visited Killarney for a week near the end of March, and found the Railway Hostel to be the best deal in town. It's conveniently located across from the train station and bus station. The staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Their advice to hire a guide to climb Mt. Carrauntoohil ended up being one of my best experiences during my visit to Ireland. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean as well. The common areas were clean, full of local information and had free and fast wifi. The kitchen was well stocked with supplies for cooking nearly anything and the free light breakfast hit the spot. Will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This place had everything and more that you would want for 17 euros. The staff, the breakfast, the beds were all disproportionately good compared to the cheap price.
I particularly liked the staff's attitude and the buffet breakfast, even if it wasn't exactly chardonnay and newly fried eggs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Toledo, Oregon
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hostel is right across the street from the Killarney bus station, a block from a grocery store and a 2 min. walk to the train station. It is also at the prime location to visit all of Killarney (the lively town and fantastic pubs with traditional Irish music each night and close to the Killarney National Park.
The whole place is very clean, has a case lock up area for 1 euro per day rental, the common area has nice comfy leather couches, the eating area has plenty of room at long wooden tables and a large screen tv going in there. Kitchen is large and neat. They also provide a light breakfast of tea/coffee, toast (with butter and jam), granola, and milk. More than most hostels give.
The wi-fi is a big plus. Beds are comfy. I wish I had used this one as a base for more nights. Will definitely return when I go back to Ireland.

Room Tip: Located next in a great walking area for shopping, pubs and site seeing.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Tipperary
Reviewed 11 July 2012

i would strongly advise anyone visiting Killarney to AVOID THIS HOSTEL. It absolutely ruined our holiday and if we had not arrived so late i would have checked into any other hotel, b&b, hostel etc. the room was empty with a half roll of toilet paper, no hand towel or even soap. although the bath towels came with the room, it was an extreme effort for the receptionist to bring them. the toilet had not been flushed or the sheets changed since the previous guests, and the staff were extremely rude and ignorant. the room was a twin en-suit and it consisted of tiny BUNK BEDS which were dirty and very smelly. look around before making a decision, although it good value it may just ruin your holiday......

Room Tip: all rooms on the ground floor are dorms, which young groups would be making noise. i doubt any room...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ail O

Travellers are raving about these Killarney hotels

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I went here recently for the weekend with a few friends. Unfortunately I didn't think to look at trip advisor before I left.

When we got there, we were met by a dour aul woman at reception who immediately gave out to us for something we even had a chance to do yet ( not that we would have) my own mother wouldn't have been as narky! We went into the room needless to say it was basic at best. The place was filthy and I genuinely doubt the bed clothes have ever been washed as the concrete pillows smelled and I woke up with hives all over.

Our key card didn't work for some reason and on saying it to reception, I was told that it was my fault!! The place was so noisy you can forget about a good nights sleep. The constant noise of the vending machine outside our door would drive any man insane.

The only reason I booked here was because all other accommodation was booked out in Killarney. I can safely say, next time it happens il be putting a douvet in my car and sleeping there. Avoid this place AT ALL COSTS

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Get_oura_town
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I seriously couldn't recommend this place. I'd give 0/5 if this site would have let me. Rude staff who from the outset presumed we where trouble. I can only guess it was because we where 3 lads (for the record we gave no trouble). Tiny rooms, that weren't that clean. Dirty showers with luke warm water. Uncomfortable beds. I really question how clean the pillow cases and duvet covers where. We where in a 4 person room with ensuite, luckily there was only 3 of us because i dont think a 4th would have fitted into the room. The place is very noisy. Day and night. You can forgive it during the day but the noise at night was too much. And it wasn't only by the people staying there, the staff where guilty of it too. If you're going to Killarney and this place is the only hotel/hoste/B&B available, buy a tent and go to the campsite!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends