“Average”

and 1 more site!
Railway Hostel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was not great.
It was good that it is near the city center
I don't expect much from an hostel.
It was not terrible because it was not dirty.
The beds where hard but not so old.
The toilet was not working, you needed to open the toilet and press an button in site to flush.
I don't know if they know this issue before, so I hope they will make it.
The breakfast was only with (toast) bread, jam, butter, coffee, thee, cornflakes and milk.
So you can only choose to have butter or jam on your bread.
I don't recommend this and would certainly not go again.
But it was not terrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We spent three nights at the Railway hostel in Killarney.
Location was key for us as we wanted something close to town - and this is perfect as it is located about 200m from the bus station!
We had a private room - the 'Dolphin' room, which is fitting as my last name is Dolphin - which had a double bed and a single bed.
We had numerous issues with the keypad as it often refused to accept our card.
Thankfully the drop dead gorgeous Swedish receptionist was very helpful and fixed it for us.
The showers were average and, depending on the time of day, would not always provide a steady stream of (hot) water.
Because we had a private room we were provided with towels, which is nice.
Twice I had to make calls from reception and staff was always helpful.
Overall, location is excellent and room was nice and clean.
Building has ample kitchen facilities too which always seemed to be in use.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myles D
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hostel. Great value for money,12e incl breakfast,use of a towel and hairdryer too. :)
Rooms were grand. The best part was a superbly helpful receptionist, a Swedish girl called Malen. She helped me with getting info about local hikes etc,any assistance/quiery really,extremely helpful and kind, went out if her way to help really. Thank you Malen!!Made my stay

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dani_love2travel
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The staff were wonderful. I cannot say a negative thing about them. The rooms were clean, beds comfy and blankets warm. The room was a bit colder at night we just never opened the window to prevent it from getting cold. Wifi didn't work on my phone at all but my friend could get it in the common areas. Breakfast was simple but it did the job. Excellent place! I'll be coming back on my next trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When we went into our room, it smelled very strange inside. At night, it was too hot, the walls are like paper, you hear everything!! The beds are too small and the blankets seemed like already used before. The facilities were very dirty...
I can't recommend it to anyone but my worse enemy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 350Omar123
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Arrived here with our basketball team from Dublin having never really stayed in a hostel before. For what it cost us (€15) a night I couldn't fault it. It was spotlessly clean staff were very nice and did the job for us. It's obviously not the ritz but showers and toilets were good bed was good and everywhere was clean so 10/10 as far as I was concerned!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The worst night ever spent Ina hostel,first was met by a horrible member of staff didn't like her job much, then got to the room which was on the downstairs floor across form the kitchen area, do no get this room if staying as in the night it was extremely noisy!! People coming in all night roaring and hanging around in the kitchen area with music on let's just say we didn't get any sleep.and the place was filthy and old, iv stayed In alot of hostels but this in has to be the worst! NEVER AGAIN HORRIBLE PLACES

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends