“Fab”

Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary, my parents came too, they were celebrating their 50th. We had requested a wheelchair accessible room for my mum and this was very suitable, although some way from the bars and restaurant, it was no problem as we could wheel her there, had she no wheelchair, it would've been a trek. Both rooms were as described and we had no complaints. The public areas were clean and all had plenty of attentive staff. We are at the restaurant on the 1st night and the food was fantastic with the biggest portions I have ever seen, we ate in the bar the following night and again it was fantastic. The proximity to the town centre was great and we enjoyed the wander around on the Saturday. We used the spa and leisure facilities and were lucky enough to be the only people in the pool, the hour that we used it. Norma in the spa was great and made the 2 hours, I was there fly by, she was a great therapist and my pedicure was so relaxing. We are already planning a 4 night break in Feb next year! A fantastic hotel with genuinely attentive and helpful staff.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Irisheyesaresmilin
There are newer reviews for Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We originally booked 2 nights at the Plaza but changed to 4 without any hassles. The hotel is right on the main drag in Killarney and across the street from the national park, which is perfect for a morning run or walk. Very close to pubs, restaurants and loads of shopping. There is also a well equipped gym. We booked a suite which had 2 rooms but no door separating them, a minor inconvenience. Wifi is free and worked well. Breakfast has a huge buffet and is fresh. The hotel is clean and quiet. Highly recommended for a Killarney visit.

Room Tip: Suites are nice but rooms not separated by a door.
1  Thank mdk53
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I particularly love this hotel as it brings back such fond memories. Although it has been quiet a while since I stayed here with my now ex I have been to the hotel bar/Lobby since and the hotel still looks great. On our second night stay in Killarney, he originally booked a standard double room for my birthday, he felt it was a little small so when I was in Killarney town having my hair done he requested an upgrade and on my return I was not disappointed to say the least!! . We have both moved on with our lives now as hard as it was 3 years ago... If you ever read this, I miss you!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, it's right in the centre and has a nice bar. and nice atmosphere not to mention the great buzz around town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is our 4th visit to the Plaza & once again it was just fantastic. Its location is great as its right in the centre of Killarney. The hotel itself is very luxurious & this time we treated our selves to one of the hotels 5 suites & it was simple heavenly! The staff are always so friendly & helpful. The breakfast options are great & there is plenty of choice. The leisure facilities are great & at 8am I was the only person in the pool so that's was sheer bliss. We will be back again for sure!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Killarney Plaza Hotel is very nice. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are very nice. The hotel is right in the center of town. Pubs, shops and restaurants are everywhere. The park is right next door. The breakfast buffet is great and the dinner we had there was very good. My only regret is that I did not get a chance to go to the award winning spa that they have on site!

Room Tip: I was on a bus tour and I still had a very nice room. The hotel is air conditioned too.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cheryl G
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The Killarney Plaza Hotel is in an excellent location in the city centre, and we can't say enough about it. If you are looking for an excellent hotel close to everything downtown, just stay here! The hotel itself was quite impressive and upscale, and the rooms were large, well appointed and comfortable. The service was top notch, the staff were so friendly and helpful and made you feel at home and very welcome. We booked for 1 night and wished we could have extended it for several more days it was that nice. If we ever go back to Killarney we will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jgrimold
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My Hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights August bank holiday Sun and Mon.
The hotel is very impressive and the car parking is super right behind the hotel. Free too. Our room was lovely. You really couldnt fault it. The only thing I could say was our bathroom was a bit small. The shower was in the bath and the bath was so narrow there were just room for my feet! The hotel it's self is spotless and really lovely.
We used the pool twice and were delighted to find we had it to ourselves at both times that was super !
The bar is lovely. We didnt eat there as our breakfast was not included in our deal. I will say one thing about the bar... The mixers for a vodka or such you must pay for. Most bars would have a white lemonade etc Our round of drinks would cost 12.50 and across the road it was 8.30 big difference. We would have stayed in the hotel bar if they had !
That is only a minor thing. The hotel is fabulous and if and when we are heading back to Killarney we will stay there for sure.

1  Thank JeanTipperary