“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the meals. Professional atmosphere and beautiful interior.”

Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The room at the Killarney Plaza was spacious and comfortable. The suppers each evening were very well prepared and the desserts were out of this world. They let you sample each one. We enjoyed our stay immensely and the jaunting cart horses in front of the hotel only added to the atmosphere.
Thank you for an enjoyable part of our vacation. I hope CIE tours continues to use your hotel.
Kim Collier

• Stayed June 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Mayo
Reviewed 29 June 2009

we stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. when we got there we got upgraded to an amazing suite, it was beautiful. we got a package which was great value, the food was lovely, and on the second night we ate in a sister hotel across the street - amazing food! staff were very friendly and polite. will definatley be back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2009

From start to end this stay was a big letdown. I checked rates on their website & then phoned the hotel to see if they could do any better...... I was quoted Eur25 per person more than their own website!!! The carpark was difficult to access and the spaces are narrow leaving no room to take luggage from the car. On arrival there was no barfood available (Friday evening) so I ordered room service, an oversized, overpriced sandwich. The bedroom was small and dark but they have lovely Molton Brown products in the bathroom. Breakfast was average. This hotel has one redeeming feature & that is their lovely Molton Brown Spa which I would love to visit again, however, I would never stay here again, there are too many good hotels in Killarney for much better value.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rox09
Munster
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I stayed at the Plaza for one night at the end of May. My partner and I have stayed there before and were just as happy with the hotel this time as the last! On both occasions we were upgraded and so ended up with a lovely spacious room. Very happy indeed! The central location is great for socialising and the Molton Brown toiletries are a treat. Haven’t used the pool or spa so can’t comment on same but I get the impression that the hotel is less spa/relaxing weekend oriented and more oriented towards those out for a few nights on the town – like I said before the location is excellent – right in the centre of town (downside – lots of hens / stags around). Breakfast was very good – good choice etc – mind you we had to wait for a table but I guess that’s a good sign! One downside is the car park – its tiny, got a space there on the last occasion we stayed but it was really hard to manoeuvre in there – this time we had to park in the public car park and I wasn’t too chuffed about this. Personally I think if you’re going to have a hotel then you should have adequate spaces for your residents or at least cough up for a few extra spaces outside in the public carpark. Anyway, overall, lovely hotel in a great central location, Will stay again!

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2009

found this to be a very nice hotel, got a good deal off them and was very happy with the service we got. the car park is a bit awkward, when we arrived first the car park was full so had to park in a public car park. the following day we got into the underground car park but it is very tight and i'd imagine it's very easy to put some dings and scratches in your car. the food was good, had a meal in the restaurant which was excellent. the breakfast was very good, however i'd suggest that you would benefit on the breakfast if you provided beans with it. would have no problem recommending your hotel however and i'll stay there again, location is excellent. very nice comfortable bar as well, excellent p[lace to watch a match in comfort.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I stayed here for a weekend an was delighted when I walked into the hotel, it is very luxurious and the spa which is Molton Brown is divine! food was ok & staff were average, not rude, but not exactly polite.
I had a fantastic time in Killarney but when leaving I left my Christian Dior earrings behind, I know that they were left and exactly where. Obviously my fault for not leaving enough time to pack, however the earrings were clearly found by someone & never returned. despite many desperate phonecalls, the staff & management couldn't have cared less and told me that they were not left there (making me feel as if I was losing my mind). As a result despite a great weekend would never return here! and certainly would never recommend a friend to stay.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lennox16
Cork
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Just enjoyed another top class visit to the Killarney Plaza with my husband and two friends.This was our fifth visit to this hotel, for three nights. I have to say we enjoyed it thoroughly this visit again and we look forward to our next trip in the autumn hopefully.Having stayed here before, we knew what rooms we wanted to book, we booked well in advance, we dealt with a really super girl in reservations who gave us a very fair rate and of course, just gorgeous rooms. The staff here are just really nice and very helpful.The food as always was extremely good, the dinner was very high standard and the breakfasts are good aswell with plenty of choice etc.....I would recommend you get an executive room / suite if possible as there is quite a big difference to standard rooms and it is well worth the extra money if you can afford it.Recommend if you are not travelling with children, to ask for rooms on the left side of the corridor as these are v quiet and there are really good sound proof windows to block out street noise. You won't have any trouble sleeping here as the beds are really comfortable and v little noise , well , it helped that the hotel was not overly busy this time we visited too.!
The pool is v nice, although quite small, but is v well done. The spa is just wonderful here. This is definitely one of the best four star hotels in Killarney and we will return again when we get the chance. Well done to the staff at the Plaza and I hope you enjoy your visit as much we did on all occasions. This hotel is highly recommended to all who want four star treatment in a central location, book a good room and you won't be disappointed.!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple