“Love Killarney”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Garden of Ireland
“Love Killarney”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Excellent hotel , great location and a beautiful Reception area. Staff were very friendly and helpful....Breakfast was fab. We didnt use the leisure centre. We had No complaints....While in the area you can also check the Malton.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
PlazaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2009
Dear Buffygartland,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay here in Killarney. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. I have also shred these with the Team here at the Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Gerard Lawlor
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Hotel is located just at end of main street in Killarney so within walking distance of everywhere in the town. There is parking provided at the back of the hotel but the ground carpark is also a public one and the w/e we were there we spent ages waiting for a space to become available which was quite annoying. When we then got to the reception desk to check in that also took ages with receptionists on phones etc.

The hotel itself is lovely. Very impressive lobby area, nice and clean, lovely flower arrangments, nice bathrooms etc. The rooms are fine - they are maybe a little old fashioned. I prefer white sheets and duvets so I can see what I'm sleeping on rather than coloured blankets. En-suite bathrooms are a bit on the small side.

Had dinner here on the Sat evening - it was absolutely superb. This is not the usual hotel fare food - this is good restaurant quality and presentation wise. Lots of choice on menu and service was very good for a large group of us together.

Breakfast the next morning was a pain. Had to wait ages to be called for a table in the dining room. I appreciate when everyone comes down for breakfast together it can be a lot to handle but there were still plenty free tables - they obviously just didn't have the staff to keep them all cleaned and the guests served. Good choice though available including the usual full Irish Breakfast along with pancakes and waffles which I don't see very often so that was good. One comment though - I did see one of my friends with toast which had green mould on it. Not acceptable!!

I would stay again but maybe at a quieter time and go to breakfast earlier so wouldn't have to deal with the waiting.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank muggles77
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night along with some other friends. We really enjoyed our stay. We were given an upgraded room when we checked in which was great... room was lovely! Another couple that were staying with us got a basic room. It wasnt quite as nice as the room we got but it was still good. Staff all seemed to be very nice and friendly. We had our lunch there after checking in and the food was lovely. Hotel is not exactly what you'd call modern or comtemporary but the rooms were very clean. There was a really nice atmosphere there which you sometimes dont get in the more modern hotels. Overall I though hotel was lovely. Only thing letting it down in my opinion is the carpark.... its very small and spaces are extremely tight.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lotsofholidays
Leitrim
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Enjoyed our stay in Killarney Plaza Hotel.. such a beautiful hotel. Staff are great, impeccable service! It's a short walk to everything else, cinema, restaurant, bars... shopping area. Stayed 2 nights and drove around the Ring of Kerry on our second day. Loved it! Bit pricey but it was worth each penny:) Am not sure if we'll come this way again soon but for those visiting Killarney, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kaye1979
Cork
Reviewed 7 July 2009

A large group of us recently stayed here on a night out. The location I have to stay was just perfect, smack bang in the middle of everything! Other than that I wasnt too impressed. We were told that check-in was 3pm. A large number of us were still waiting on rooms at 4pm which was very awkward as we were being picked up at 4,15 for horse riding. We all had to get ready in each others rooms,so we had to unpack to get ready and pack again to move. We were told that we would get complimentary tea & coffee which after waiting 15 mins for we never got so we had to go. We got no apology for the wait when we finally got our rooms. Staff were just not interested. I can appreciate it was busy, but a smile wouldnt go a stray!!I requested&confirmed the day before arrival that we would all be on the same corridor. When we got the rooms 1out of the 6 rooms we booked was on a different corridor. Again when I called reception I got an abrupt answer of were full so there's nothing we can do!! Finally...and this is my main gripe with the hotel...breakfast to the room was an extra €10 PER PERSON!!! Hello, its the same person carrying the 2 trays, seriously like!! I worked in hotels for years, €5per person is the max any hotel charges...DONT GET CAUGHT OUT....!!! The underground parking is seriosly tight...anything bigger than a car you will have alot of trouble manouvering between the floors and getting it into a parking spot.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank lovenightsaway
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I recently stayed at The Killarney Plaza with 28 family members ranging in age from 5-62.
The location is in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. The staff was so gracious and helpful and went out of thier way to provide an early breakfast (5:30 AM) on the day of our departure. They recommended restuarants and made the reservations at a moment's notice for all of us. The pool and hot tub were a great pleasure. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The room at the Killarney Plaza was spacious and comfortable. The suppers each evening were very well prepared and the desserts were out of this world. They let you sample each one. We enjoyed our stay immensely and the jaunting cart horses in front of the hotel only added to the atmosphere.
Thank you for an enjoyable part of our vacation. I hope CIE tours continues to use your hotel.
Kim Collier