“A little distant from the town but wonderful hotel.”

Victoria House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay here. I went with my girlfriend for the weekend and for one thing the weather held up which was a plus.

The room was beautiful - modern and well decorated with plenty of little touches like international plugs and a very comfortable bed. Any staff we met were very friendly and helpful, even quite chatty.

It's only downsides were distance from Killarney town which was about 15 to 20 minutes walk away. If you're tired some night it will annoy you. Also price wise this wasn't the cheapest, especially considering no breakfast was included.

Overall though, it really is a nice hotel that will make you happy.

Note: it's position in Google Maps is incorrect, look for the Brehon hotel and add 200 mtrs.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Spent two nights here with my partner and got a special deal that was going so I wasn't going to expect much due to the low price we had.

The room we got was lovely, nice and clean. No bath but that was ok. Lino on the floor in the toilet but that was ok too because you could clearly see it was clean. Room was cold during the day, said it to staff and they said they'd look into it. (My thinking is that most of the heating in the rooms are controlled from one point, it was warm in the evening by the time we were getting into bed so not all bad.

We had food in the bar the evening we arrived and have to say one of the best thing about the hotel. I had 8oz beef burger and chocolate moose, partner had steak sandwich. Absolutly gorgeous and loads to go around, the pint of Murphys I had wasn't too bad either. Breakfast was also a big plus, breakfast fry was brought out to us really hot and the plate was hot too (This is one of my biggest critisim in a hotel, breakfast food gos cold very quick).

They staff were very nice and helpful

All in all very nice hotel, clean, cheap and worth the money

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2011

My partner and I stayed the Victoria House hotel as part of a package deal of Bed and Breakfast plus evening meal for around €110. This was good value however the food was far from fantastic but it was edible. The rooms were basic (I would not think that they were luxurious as claimed on the website). The T.V. did not work when we turned it on but this was promptly rectified. The staff in this hotel are excellent. Our waitress who served us both our evening meal and breakfast was a lovely lady with a friendly personality. Likewise the night porter was a very nice man, very helpful and friendly. The staff are a credit to the hotel. It is lovely walk to town which is not too far but if you do not feel like it then there are plenty of taxis.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siopan
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We stayed here during the All Ireland Dance Championships. We were in a family room. It has a double bed with two twin beds. The room was very large. Bathroom was very small for 4 people to use. The staff was very nice and friendly to all. They were very patient with me when I called for directions and got me to their property in a few moments after I realized I made a wrong turn and was heading towards Cork.

The restaurant had a nice selection of choices and the quality of the food and service was high. The parking area was ample and it was a very short walk to the INEC and Killarney National Park is just across the road. Town center of Killarney is less than 3 minutes by car and the Ring of Kerry can be picked up in a matter of moments depending on which way you decide to drive it.

My only complaint is they had no wifi in the hotel. It's not a deal breaker, but it sure would be nice to have when so many of their competitors have it. I logged on to wifi at the Gleneagle Hotel adjoining the INEC with no problems.

All that being said, I'm glad we stayed at the Victoria House Hotel and when we get back to Killarney, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jlsheff
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My daughter and I will be returning this winter for our fourth stay at the Victoria House. We love the boutique yet homey feel of this wonderful inn. The staff is friendly and welcoming. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I am surprised with the previous reviews. Our experience was very average to say the least. It was not in walking distance to the town of Killarney, which we were very disappointed with. We had to drive into the town and couldn't enjoy our evening as much as we wanted (having drinks) due to the drive. The bathroom was dirty, I wore my sandals in the shower. Our room was so dark and depressing. We had a view of some back alley. It was SO overpriced and the food at the bar was average as well. Use the money to get a bed and breakfast closer to town. NO wifi except in the tiny lobby or bar.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We decieded to stay in Killarney for one night last weekend. This Hotel is immaculate. Rooms, Bar, Toilets all spotless. The delux rooms are more a four star than a three star. Staff are lovely. Definately Recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple