“Awesome place, even better hostess!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Burke's Mulbur House
Ranked #2 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
“Awesome place, even better hostess!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was the best place we stayed during our 8-day trip to Ireland. The house was very nice and squeaky clean, and even better was Jacqui.

She was very impressionable. Jacqui was super nice, and accommodating and she had shared some of the best stories too, and she was very funny. Ask her about why Americans drive on the wrong side of the road :) ...I think my wife wanted to hang out with her instead of me.

We did all of the "tourist attractions" throughout, but wish we had stayed here multiple days. Per Jacqui's suggestion we drove through the Gap of Dunloe (Killarney National Park) and it was one the most scenic parts of Ireland that we saw. We almost got turned around by the horse carriages as they said we weren't allowed, but Jacqui warned us about this and told us to continue and we did. Thanks for the tip!

All in all, it was a great trip and a great stay. If we ever make it back to Ireland, we are definitely staying here again. Thank you again!

Best,
Joel & Mari

Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much Joel &Mari for all your kind words. It makes my job so worthwhile knowing that my guests enjoyed their stay. I hope you will visit again sometime.
Jacqui.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was the best B&B we stayed at during our trip to Ireland. The host, Jacqui Burke, made us feel right and home and gave us great ideas on what to do. She also made an amazing irish porridge along with a full Irish breakfast.

Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you Suzie for a great review. I'm delighted you enjoyed my porridge and that you both enjoyed your short stay. I hope Justin and yourself will visit again sometime.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Jacqui's place was referred to us by our parents, they enjoyed their stay so much that they said we MUST stay there while in Kerry. As expected, our stay was great, Jacqui is a great host, breakfast was very good, house is clean and beautiful...

Stayed June 2014
Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you Justinas for a lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed having all three of you in my house. I enjoyed chatting with Marie and hope some day you will bring Lukas back to Ireland when he is old enough to remember.
Also say a big hello to Mom & Dad, Mary and Bill.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Jacqui was an amazing host! Gave us great recommendations for local sight-seeing, food and entertainment and she sure didn't stear us wrong! Provided us with simple directions/maps/etc. The room she had ready for us in her beautiful home was very accomidating and cozy. Breakfast was amazing too - french toast - yum!

Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you Nicole for a great review. I'm happy you found my advice and recommendations helpful.
I hope you will come and stay with us if you visit Ireland again. Send my regards to Jerrad.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This B&B is a must for anyone traveling to Killarney. Jacqui is fantastic and very helpful in planning things to see and do in and around Killarney (and Ireland) that you don't read about in your traveler's guide. I only wish we could have had more time in this beautiful place. Definitely a good base to stay to see the Rings of Kerry/Dingle and all of the surrounding areas. Two thumbs up!!! Save a day to see the sights she recommends!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Tanya thank you so much for so much praise.It has given me great job satisfaction. I hope sometime in the future yourself and David will come and spend more time in Killarney so you can experience the full extent of all it's beauty.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Home was located just outside Killarney and very close to everything. Jacqui was a lovely hostess who took time upon our arrival to tell us what was near and cost effective. She provided maps and local history of sights that May interest us Very kind &caring family. Tea and cookies available at check in and breakfast was cooked to order. Vegetarian options available. She works hard to run an eco-friendly establishment. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We had a 3 person en suite and there was ample room. Bedrooms are upstairs and are hardwood floor so...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jacqui B, Owner at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you Shawna for a great review. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for returning my key and a very big thank you for your thoughtful gift which is nearly gone and I loved it. I know you said to put it on pork chop . Well I've put it on nearly everything, it's fab.
A big hello to your husband Chris and to Sharon.I hope if you visit again you will be able to stay a little longer.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at several B & B's during our tour of Ireland and I have to say that our stay at Burke's Mulbur house was the best experience. Our hostess Jacqui was very lovely and friendly,and was also
very informative on things to do while in Killarney. She had excellent advice on where to eat, gave great directions as well as brochures to help us choose our itinerary. She was very accommodating in helping us schedule our Ring of Kerry trip. The house was beautiful and very clean and my room was amazing. I hope to come back to Ireland someday and I would definately stay at Burke's
Mulbur house again. Jacqui was a great example of Irish hospitality.

V Myers
United States

United States

• Stayed April 2014
Jacqui B, Manager at Burke's Mulbur House, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you Victoria for taken the time to write me a review. It was a pleasure having you in my home.
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit.