“Great Food, Nice Family Owned Business”
Review of Mareena's Simply Food - CLOSED

Mareena's Simply Food
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great food, good prices, wonderful authentic service. Seafood was exceptional. A must if in Killarney.

0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi bmike2000
Thanks a million for the excellent review,we really appreciate it.
Delighted you enjoyed everything and hopefully you will return someday.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We ate here last weekend on our trip to Kerry. Great, wholesome food, very tasty, not art on plates. The owner serving us was very friendly and does a good job as she is the only waitress.
I can recommend Monkfish&Prawns in a delicious Garlic Butter and well dressed salad.
Dessert was also fab. Baileys Gelato.
Would highly recommend this restaurant.

0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi Schinder h,
Thank you for posting an excellent review and your nice comments ,we are so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience,
Hope to see you again.
Thanks again

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The previous reviews are completely inaccurate. Visited in evening as not open for breakfast contrary to advise on this site. Expected a lot but overpriced bland and average food. Would not recommend to visitors or locals alike.

9  Thank Belinda N

Hi Belinda
To be quiet honest I must say I find this review to be very suspect,you complain about the food and prices but give us no idea what you had or how much your meal cost.(our mains range from €14 to €23 very reasonable)If I was to join Tripadvisor to put up a terrible review it would not be as vague as this one is. You are basically saying that the other 140 or so people that have reviewed our restaurant are incorrect which is pretty unbelievable.
Yes our opening times listings are incorrect on this site but I have tried to change this several times with no luck,which is why there is a link to our own website with correct times on it.
While we really appreciate customer feedback it's always better to complain on the night.
Yours Mary.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This restaurant is too big for its britches. We arrived at the restaurant with only 3 tables at the restaurant filled just before 7 pm. We came in a second time (the first time non-one emerged). No greeting or politeness but our response from the waitress to a polite request for a table was was 'not without a booking'.
When we looked around at the near empty she said there were bookings for for 7.30 pm and 8 pm. When I said we would only take an hour as we only wanted one course then she said we would have to be out 15 minutes before in readiness as it took her that long to clear the table. The arrogant and rude attitude of the waitress is ruining the restaurant. She was past her prime but if she can't manage the change over of a table she should give game away and the restaurant should get a more professional waitress. Very unwelcoming.

9  Thank woywoygoing

Hi woywoygoing,
Here at Mareena's we are always happy to have walk ins but our main priority has to be the customers that have gone to the trouble of reserving tables . As I said on that Saturday night I'm sorry there was no table for you but normally people accept this and I don't have to justify myself. As I have said in previous replies here on tripadvisor we have only 8 tables so if you have your heart set on joining us it is always better to reserve a table.
To insult me here I feel is unacceptable and really says more about you than me, the majority of our reviews say I do a good job and our ranking here is proof of that.
I won't be firing myself anytime soon as I'm the owner and only waitress.
Yours Mary.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

recommended by Tim at Lord Buckley's. Food was wonderful and the service was very good. Everything was prepared perfectly, flavours were great. Very reasonably priced. A little Gem!

0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi Liz J,
Thanks a million for the great review and a big thanks to Tim in Buckleys Bar for recommending us!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your night with us and hopefully you will return someday.
Regards