“Simply the best”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

l booked dinner here for my partner's birthday so l was hoping that my choice was going to be a nice surprise. And it was. l have been a chef for many years and have had the fortune of eating in many mitchilen star establisments. Both the food and service at Mareena's is more than worthy of the 5 star rating that l have given it. If there was such thing as a 10 star, then I would award Mareena's that.
There were 3 of us in our party and we all had different starters and mains. Both the presentation and taste were 1st Class. Showing the expertise of the chef and the quality of the produce used.The menu is small but well executed
As to the sevice, from start to finish this was attentive and professional, even though the resturant was full at the time. l would like to thank the owners for making my partners birthday trip to Killarney even more special. As Arnie would say 'l'll be back'.

1  Thank Annette C
0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hi Annette C,
We here at Mareena's feel very honoured that you choose our restaurant to celebrate your partners birthday and thank you very much for posting this brilliant review. It's always great when somebody that works in the industry gives high praise and it's great to read you intend to return. So we look forward to your next visit !
Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Mareena's Simply Food

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Mareena's is a small family-operated restaurant that provided deliciously prepared food at a very reasonable price. While her husband, the chef, worked in the kitchen, Mareena tended to the diners in the restaurant. She was very outgoing, friendly and helpful in describing the dishes on the menu. We were never rushed to finish our meal and spent a relaxing evening dining and speaking with other patrons.

Hi Terry R,
Thank you very much for this splendid review and for your very nice comments ,we are really grateful! I'm delighted you enjoyed your evening so much and hope you will return someday.
Kind regards,
Mary

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I dined here Saturday and we were happy that we did. The lamb and vegetables were presented beautifully and even more delicious. Desserts were outstanding! Another plus is the restaurant's more sophisticated ambience; contemporary decor and relaxing background music. All in all, a very satisfying evening .

1  Thank Skidleone

Hi Skidleone
It was really my pleasure to meet and serve you and your lovely wife and I'm thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us. Thanks a million for posting this exceptional review!
Hope to see you again in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had dinner with just my daughter this past Sunday and Mary too great care of us. We ate light - just a salad and a couple of apps. Everything was delicious and Mary's service was excellent. We stayed across the street at The Killarney Park Hotel so it was an easy walk down the driveway right to Mary's front door.

Hi Charlie C,
I'm very happy you made the short journey across from the Killarney Park Hotel and a big thank you for posting this excellent review,we really appreciate it! I hope your husband's illness didn't last long and that ye were able to enjoy the rest of the trip,maybe next time ye visit Killarney he will get to dine with us. It was a delight to meet yourself and your daughter and if your ever again back our way please call in to say hello.
Beat wishes,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked here on the basis of great TA reviews and were happy enough, but not blown away. I had the fillets of sole in sesame batter - served with a pleasant salad - but with boiled AND mashed potato? My husband had the lamb fillet, which he enjoyed, but found the sauce very salty and couldn't finish it.
A pleasant restaurant, a charming host, clean and sleek but a little lacking in character for me!

0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hi Anne H ,
Thank you for the good review. It is always hard to meet everyone's expectations , we can only try our best and I'm glad you found the experience pleasant enough .
If you are ever back in Killarney perhaps you will give us another chance.
Regards Mary.