“GREAT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Maggie O's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
brooklyn,
“GREAT”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We loved our stay at Maggie O's. Terrific host and she could not have done more to mek my partner and I feel welcome. If going to Killarney - which you should - DEFINITELY stay with Maggie. And if you request blueberries in your fruit cup, she'll give them to you!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 November 2013

On the last stretch of our trip in Ireland we arrived in Killarney with no place to stay. After checking on tripadvisor and reading some of the reviews we gave Maggie O's a call. From the second she answered the phone she was nothing but warm, kind and helpful. We needed 2 double rooms and we were very lucky they were available, luckily we were there in the off season. The rooms were warm, very clean and felt just like home. Maggie showed us a little back way to downtown and it was only a 4 minute walk. A cab ride home at night is only a few euros for the short ride and well worth it after a few pubs! Breakfast was fabulous and Maggie went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you wanted. Can't say enough about this little gem in Killarney and Maggie O's hospitality. Can't wait to get back some day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tkpk2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My Friend and I almost missed out on the opportunity to stay with Maggie until a little twist of fate intervened that allowed us partake of Maggie's Fantastic Irish Hospitality if only for one night. I've stayed in many wonderful Irish B&B's during my many visits to Ireland and our brief stay at Maggie O's made me wish we had more time to spend with her on this trip.

I often tell fellow travelers that to truly experience Irish hospitality at its finest, you must stay at some of Ireland's many fine B&B's. I often warn not to expect the same level of accommodation as you find in a 4 star hotel, but what might be missed in amenities is well made up by the hospitality and homey feel provided by your hosts and their homes. Maggie O's EXCELS in both these areas and her B&B is not just comfortable, well appointed and well looked after, but Maggie is a delight as a hostess.

Through a little miscommunication on my part we hadn't confirmed our stay and when I was finally able to get in touch with Maggie she was unfortunately fully booked. Maggie felt so badly about it that she offered to help us find another nice B&B to stay with in Killarney. We arrived in the evening just after darn and after welcoming us said that she was so happy that we had come to see her in person because the folks who had booked the room had taken ill and cancelled at the last moment. We both agreed that it was a happy fate.

Once Maggie had made us welcome and settled us into our accommodations she personally showed us the secret path to Kayne's Bar & Bistro where we had a wonderful evening meal and a few pints as well as bumping into some fellow travelers from the U.S.

Maggie's home is so comfortable and welcoming and the morning Full Irish breakfast was perfect. We got to enjoy chatting with Maggie when we first arrived and again briefly at breakfast in the morning. Next time I will have to make sure to spend a nice long tea time just chatting with this lovely woman. I'm happy to think I have another wonderful friend in Ireland and I wholeheartedly recommend a stay at Maggie O's

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Westernhorizon
La Seyne-sur-Mer, France
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Maggie is very kind & welcoming. She always has time to speak with us and explain what to visit, where to eat...
Room is very spacious and comfortable. Bathroom is small but very clean.
Breakfast was delicious and various: we have a great choice.
We stayed 3 nights and we really enjoyed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daniel83500
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend & I spent 2 nights at Maggie O's B&B. It was our first time staying at a B&B and I'll have to say "it was an awesome experience". Maggie and her husband James were extremely helpful in helping us decide on which tours to do and when to pass and just enjoy the flavor of the local community and the people of Killarney. Euro Taxi service where James works was also a huge part of our experience. They were there everyday available to take us wherever we needed to be dropped off and then back to pick us up. Our room was the best room we had on our entire trip, lots of room and a very nice bathroom. We enjoyed breakfast each morning and had an enjoyable time visiting with the other house guests from other parts of the world. If I had any complaints it would be that before our arrival we did not know that the B&B did not accept Credit Cards. If we had known that in advance we would have had enough cash with us to make the payment. It wasn't a problem we just headed to a cash/atm machine and got it.....but maybe this is something that should be mentioned at time of booking. The next time I get a chance to visit Ireland I will by-pass Dublin altogether and stay the entire time down in Killareny at MAGGIE O's!!! Thanks Maggie & James for all your help and for welcoming us into your home :-)
oh yea I hope your school team won the match the day your dropped us off at the train station :-)

Room Tip: We had a chance to have a look at all of Maggie's rooms and they all look SUPER!!!!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My friend and I came in to Killarney not knowing where we would stay for the next two nights. We asked our taxi driver if he had any suggestions, and he took us to Maggie O's. This ended up being the absolute best place we stayed at during our entire trip. Maggie was amazing! She was so kind and welcoming. She gave us maps and explained where to go, where to eat, and exactly how to get there. Our room was also lovely...the bed was so comfortable and the room was spotless. She gave us plenty of options for breakfast and made sure we were well fed. We had free wifi which was fast and worked every time. This was hands down the best B&B I have stayed at. I cannot wait to go back to Ireland and back to Maggie O's!!

dublin, ireland
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here in October along with friends of ours from the US for one night. When we arrived we met Maggie who made us feel so welcome, as if we were returning friends of hers. She showed us to our rooms which were very spacious, really comfortable and warm. We had a great chat with Maggie who gave us recommendations of places to go and what to do.
The B&B is centrally located and Maggie showed us a little shortcut to make it even easier to walk to the town centre.
The breakfast the next morning was delicious, Maggie couldn't do enough for us. I would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend to anyone staying in Killarney.
Thanks Maggie for a lovely stay :)

2 Thank penfold_04