“Fantastic B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Maggie O's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 141 Killarney B&B and Inns
Kenora, Canada
“Fantastic B&B”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Maggie O's B&B for two nights two weeks ago, prior to walking the Kerry Way, and it was the perfect start to our trip to Ireland.

As a matter of fact, I knew Maggie's B&B was going to be good when I emailed her in advance and asked how best to get from the Killarney train station to her B&B. She sent me a message back almost immediately that read .... "I will arrange a taxi to be waiting for you at the station."

I thought that was cool, so I emailed her back and asked, "how will I know which cab to take?"

Maggie replied immediately, "the taxi I will arrange for you is a dark green Volkswagen Passat, and the taxi number is T16216 which is located on the roof and the drivers name is James." Now, tell me is that first class customer service or what!?!?!

And it only got better from there.

The room we stayed in was gorgeous, neat, clean, quiet and tidy. And Maggie's breakfast is so good you won't need to eat again until dinner time! We tried her famous porridge one morning, with Bailey's Irish Cream drizzled on top, and well, let's just say I've already emailed her for the recipe.

Maggie is full of fun and energy, knows more about Killarney than the local tourism bureau and can point you in the right direction, no matter what you need.

I've given Maggie O's B&B 5 stars only because TripAdvisor won't let me give her the 6 or 7 stars she really deserves.

Stay here and you'll see why.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dublin
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

My brother and I stayed in Maggie's B&B. Maggie's house is located very close to Killarney's center (10 mins walking) in a quiet area.
The house was very clean and our room was very comfortable. Maggie is lovely and it was nice chatting with her during breakfast. The menu for breakfast was nice and the pancakes were absolutely delicious.

There is a little issue with the shower in the purple room. The water pressure is too low and I had to wash my hair in the sink. We are sure that Maggie will take care of this soon and would recommend this B&B.

Stayed May 2014
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in the purple flower room. Room is exactly as pictured on website, very comfortable, and extremely clean. Ensuit bathroom has quality amenities including thick and soft towels.

Maggie provided maps and great advice for seeing the sites and trying the best restaurants in town!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Clinton, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed with Maggie in Killarney in April. Maggie was a wonderful hostess who was thoughtful ( we surprised her a day early!!) and accommodated us at every turn. She served wonderful breakfasts and gave us great suggestions on how to accomplish all we wanted to see. She was our first stay in Ireland and we started out our trip in fine style.The location was convenient so our car stayed parked and we walked everywhere. The room was clean and comfy.Highly reccommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Loriann S
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Maggie is friendly and fabulous and she went above and beyond during our stay with her! She started the two days we spent here with one of the best breakfasts on the trip and provided excellent recommendations and advice for restaurants, pubs and activities in the area. Her attention to detail is evident throughout the B&B, from the beautiful decoration of the house, where even the trashcan liners were a matched shade of lavender, to the subtle spices in the french toast batter. One morning we were running a little late and she assisted us in renting bicycles and making sure we didn't miss the boat trip up through the Gap of Dunloe. The location is fabulous, with only a short walk to city center. Highly recommend and hope we can return soon!

1 Thank Bryci A
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Maggie gave us a great breakfast, and we had a lovely room. Magggie was extremely friendly and helpful, making us feel really welcome. She gave us some very useful local info and her B&B is only 5mins walk into town!

1 Thank Georgina C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at Maggie O's one night and it was an excellent experience! The establishment was very hospitable, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast was delicious. Also, it was conveniently located to Killarney's restaurants and night life! Definitely recommend staying here.