“Weekend”

the Failte
Ranked #70 of 194 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in here saturday night for a drink. It was ok, music was good and big crowd. Service was fast too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant had charming decor, but lacked in food. After two weeks in Ireland, we finally were craving a steak. We ordered ribeye...it was extremely tough, no fat. I asked the waiter if they might have given us sirloin, he assured us no. The peppercorn sauce was very good and compensated for the lack of flavor of the meat itself.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Tempted in by music and specials board. Neither are available in the restaurant!! Service was rude and slow, asked for the casserole special and offered a pie!! When the bill came it was wrong which when I questioned it was put right but my sense this wasn’t an unusual occupancy. Beware or avoid, lots of better places nearby.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a nice evening supper and I had a ribeye. It was cooked correctly and the baked potato was very hot. Just like I like them. The onion rings were cooked to perfection!!! We will come back if we come this way again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Situated on the main street in killarney, Street parking available. We first went into the bar as outside it stated both downstairs and upstairs serve food. We got our seats and a drink at the bar and then were told no food downstairs, So we had to move. We went upstairs and had to await as there was a group ahead of us waiting to be seated. There was a heater blowing down on top of us which I myself had to turn off. We waited about 5 minutes before seated. There was only a few options on the menu and was extremely pricey for what we got. I opted for the Small brecky (Hash brown, Sausage, Pudding, Eggs, Beans served with tea/coffee & Toast) I asked for scrambled eggs and the waitress said I cannot have scrambled eggs and that I can only have a fried egg.. I asked would it not be possible to ask the chef as directly below this option on the menu was 'Scrambled eggs on toast' So clearly they were able to make this but this wasn’t something the waitress wanted nor tried to accommodate, My friend ordered scrambled eggs on toast to which she received, Such an easy request but seemed like too much to ask for. Brecky was the basic usual and not worth the money. Doubt to return but on the day suited fine as we were starving.