“Highly recommend. A truly amazing experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sika Lodge B & B

Sika Lodge B & B
Ranked #13 of 145 Killarney B&B and Inns
“Highly recommend. A truly amazing experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I couldn't recommend Sikka lodge more highly. Serena was a Wonderful hostess for an audrey hepburn themed Fancy Pants Tea Party She arranged For our friends birthday. The food was divine and the setting was beautiful. We also stayed at Sikka lodge and it was the best guest house experience we have had. We will most definitely be returning there again next year as Serenas personal touches at the tea party made it a very memorable weekend.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here in July 2013 as part of our Ireland and Italy trip. We stayed here for just one night and loved it. We came in a little late and did not realize, unlike the states pubs close pretty early in Ireland(around 8ish). We were pretty hungry so Serena directed us to a Chinese restaurant aournd the corner and it ended being a very nice dinner. Anyways, Serena was an excellent host and I woul definitely recommend staying here. It was also neat to know she was in a cooking compettion similar to Master Chef in the states.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rochelle, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sika Lodge in October. Unfortunately it was only for one day and night, but it was great. Serena is an excellent host and she gave great suggestions on where to go in the area. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was great! We keep saying how we wished we could have spent more time there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I take small groups to Ireland once or twice a year and have had a heretofore favorite B&B in Killarney that I've used for years. Due to some health issues, I was late booking accommodations for my 2013 group and my favorite Killarney B&B was not available when I started planning this year's trip.

After much reading, research, hand-wringing, and a tiny amount of trepidation, I booked 4 rooms at Sika Lodge for a 3-night stay in mid-August. Serena and her husband, Alan, had recently purchased the property and rennovated it, and they had also welcomed the birth of their first child, Aoife Kate, in April, so I worried that running a B&B might be a bit daunting. But early reviews by Trip Advisor contributors were very complimentary and reassuring.

Oh, my gosh! Not only did I have NOTHING to worry about, I couldn't believe my good luck in finding this wonderful property. Serena is an amazing cook and a perfect hostess, as well as being a wonderful mother! She looks so young, but her capabilities and talents in running a B&B are those of someone twice her age!

The property is very easy to find and the location is ideal for anyone planning to travel to the Dingle Peninsula or the Ring of Kerry.

The en suite bedrooms are bright and fresh and nicely furnished with coffee/tea making facilities, hair dryers, power shower, complimentary wi-fi, quality bedding and very comfortable beds.

Our days started off with really wonderful breakfast options -- juices, fresh fruits, home-baked breads/cakes, delicious full Irish breakfast, Serena's special porridge (with Irish Whiskey if desired), and super pancakes. Choosing what to have was challenging because everything looked and tasted so good.

On our second day there, we were caught in a downpour and got soaked to the skin. We headed back to Sika Lodge for dry clothes, hoping to then find a laundromat to dry our wet garments. I asked Serena if there was such a business in Killarney, and she told me to gather up the jeans and slacks and shirts and bring them down and she would dry them for us! We were so appreciative!! She was happy to do this, she said, and we had to force her to accept some Euros for going "above and beyond." She is an extraordinary person, and there's no doubt in my mind she can accomplish anything she sets her mind to. We're just so happy we were able to stay at this very special B&B -- and I definitely will be returning to my new favorite Killarney B&B, Sika Lodge, with another group of travelers next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed here and loved it. Best breakfasts and Serena's happy "Good Morning" is enough to wake anyone up and put them in great spirits. Serena and Alan were very welcoming and both had great ideas for things to do in Killarney and places to eat. The Lodge is an easy 10-15 minute walk from the centre of the beautiful town of Killarney. If you are going to drive the Ring of Kerry, drive out or the lodge and turn left and you are on the Ring of Kerry drive! It couldn't be closer. There are lovely walks just from the front door. We spent 2 days in Killarney, this was too short. So we will have to go back darn it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sueintuscany
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was just at Sika Lodge for 3 nights and everyday I enjoyed being there more. I felt as if I was visiting a friend. Serena is so nice and helpful. On my last day there, I decided to just walk around town, and after speaking with Serena briefly she directed me to the perfect restaurants & shops that she knew I would enjoy! I was in a single room, and even if it was small it had a very comfortable double bed. Those extra special touches that have been mentioned before..i.e. being able to make tea in the room, having a bit of Irish Whiskey as a nightcap (or anytime) and the various videos available were also appreciated. Yummy breakfasts as well. Thank you Serena for making Killarney special for me!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank joyfortraveling
KC, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Sika Lodge on Sept. 12 & 13, 2013. The rooms are spotless and very nice. The bathroom is large and we were excited to see a full tub/shower as most of them have very small showers. The owners, Serena & Alan, couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Serena gave us a map of Killarney and showed us all the great places to go. She is also an excellent chef. The best breakfasts we had in Ireland, hands down! Would definitely recommend this B & B. Hopefully, we'll be back to stay with them again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family