“Fantastic trip!”

The Brehon
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Just arrived back from a midweek trip to the brehon hotel in Killarney! Had a wonderful stay! The staff really are second to none! We got engaged on our trip and the staff made it so special for us, they gave us a beautiful bottle of cava to celebrate and a lovely card was left in the room when we arrived back, so very thoughtful and touching! The food was as it was on our previous trip, delicious! Ate in the bar, not the danu restaurant, but hear good reports of the latter! The spa area is beautiful and immaculately clean, didn't partake of treatments this time, did previously and the therapists there are fantastic! Finally the room, we stayed on the fourth floor, view was beautiful, room stunning! Will Definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great rooms for what they cost. Very helpful staff provided plenty of local information. Wife and I hired bikes from the hotel for 10 Euro each for the day and the location( slightly out of town) is great for going for a cycle in the national park. Very enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Steopold_Bloom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have recently returned from a trip to The Brehon, and to be honest I would struggle to find fault with it. My biggest issue is its four star rating, I have stayed in other "4 star" hotels in Killarney and they aren't fit to sweep the forecourt of The Brehon.

From the moment we set foot in the hotel to the moment we left we were made feel welcome and that the staff couldn't do enough for us.

After check in we went to our room, which was a bog standard room, but let me get one thing clear. There are NO bog standard rooms in the Brehon, it was gorgeous, spacious and overlooked the front of the hotel with a view of the mountains. FANTASTIC. Unfortunately there was some noise from the lifts (which were located right beside the room) but we requested a change and again they couldn't have been nicer about it. They put us into one of their suites. Again another gorgeous room.

The bar had the right mix of buzz and peace and quite the staff were brilliant and efficeint. The bar food was tasty and well prepared, served promptly and still piping hot.

The breakfasts were to die for, the selection was massive and the cooked breakfast was made with very high quality ingredients cooked perfectly. I was glad of the fifteen minute stroll into town after breakfast to try walk off some of the breakfast.

We had a meal in the Danu restaurant on our last night and I have to say it was one of the finest meals I have eaten in an age. There are probably one or two restaurants that I would rate higher. Again the staff were fantastic and the food exceptional. I'll be honest and I made an absolute pig of myself. I would highly recommend the quail starter and their really clever take on a Lemon Cheesecake for dessert.

While we were there we were granted free access to there thermal suites which we were only too happy to take advantage of and so should anyone wanted to relax. (I was disappointed that I didn't have the time to take full advantage of their Spa and get a treatment, but I'll definitely get one on my next trip back)

By now I am sure your sick of reading about how great the Brehon is but these are the facts it is a great hotel and I'll happily return to Killarney just to go to this hotel again. I will say I found the temperature in the hotel to be a little warm but to be fair it was unseasonally warm during our trip which I won't complain about.

All in all I am looking forward to my return there ( I just need an excuse now)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and friend recently stayed in The Brehon for a one night spa break and it was fabulous from start to finish. The room was spacious and nicely decorated and we had a lovely view over Killarney National Park and the mountains. For a real get away from it all, I can really recommend the Brehon. We relaxed in our room before heading down to the spa for our treatments and it was fabulous. We tried out everything on offer in the thermal suite facilities, even the bucket of icy water and ice!! The treatments were wonderful and the staff excellent. After the treatments, we really chilled out in the relaxation room and you really felt you were away from the stresses of daily life. Our package included dinner in the restaurant and again, have no complaints about the whole experience. Food was excellent as were the staff. I was sorry to leave the next day (after a lovely breakfast!!!) and will definitely be going back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I stayed in The Brehon for a weekend recently. From the moment we got out of the car until we got back into it, we could only say that we had a 5 star experience. The staff were excellent, the food was excellent, the room was excellent, the Vitality Suite was excellent. What more can I say, but we will be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were attending a wedding in The Brehon Hotel and as we were just shortly off a long haul flight I requested a quiet room. We had a room at the top of the hotel and it was so quiet we had a great nights sleep. I was impressed with the attention to detail for example - in the lift they have the weather forecast for the day and the news headlines. I had a swim in the pool and it was very relaxing. We had an excellent meal for the wedding, and the following day what I really loved was their seafood chowder - it was the best chowder that I have ever eaten so if you are in Killarney call in for that!
By the way, we went for a fabulous walk in the Killarney National Park and the deer were very close to us - stunning!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My partner recently booked The Brehon as a surprise to celebrate our anniversary. I thought it was quite a lovely personal touch to receive a card from the hotel on arrival. The room itself was clean, spacious & modern. The bathroom was the same, as well as separate bath and shower. Room had a lovely view overlooking the gardens. We used the spa facilities and I have to say it we really enjoyed it as it was clean and well kept. Large pool with hot & cold jacuzzi's, sauna was fab too. Wish we could have spent more time in fact. Had drinks at the bar and a very pleasant gentleman served us. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend staying here if you enjoy a bit of a pamper!