“Such a Lovely break in January”
Review of The Brehon

The Brehon
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Such a Lovely break in January”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Always holidayed in Killarney and decide next time we book into The Brehon, They had a 72hrs deal on website so went for it, thinking maybe we get a smaller room but were pleasantly surprised with size of room, also excellent views of the mountains.The reception staff are very helpful and friendly, upon getting to our room they called to see if we were happy with the room. Wish more hotels do this. Anyhow we had a wonderful time think the weather helped as lovely sunny crisp days! The spa was very good to help with tired limb after long walks. This hotel delivers an excellent service from front of house to house keepers also the bar staff very friendly.
Over all 10/10 Hope to return soon in 2014

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raymondmccaw
Dear CrunchieDublin,
Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear you had such a lovely stay with us. We strive to provide an excellent service to all our guests and are delighted to hear of your experience. We do hope to see you back again soon.
Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
kildare
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Oh my god I was in heaven last week. What an amazing experience! I could go on and on and on... The receptionist, the rooms, the spa, the food, every single bit of The Brehon is absolutely fantastic! Great value for a girlie night away and pure relaxation. Loved every second of being there and would return in a heart beat! Well done The Brehon!! I'm already wondering when I can return!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank galwaygirl27
Dear Galwaygirl,
Thank you for your recent review. 'Heaven has landed' what a wonderful description. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to seeing you back in The Brehon again soon.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I would definitely recommend the Brehon hotel if you are looking for top quality, care and service, it is a beautiful hotel, very welcoming staff, large guest rooms, food is excellent in the bar and restaurant, it is close to the city centre if you like to go shopping, they always have great special offers on-line, Over the years I have stayed in different hotels in Killarney this was by far the best, so what I would say to anyone who is planning a visit to the Brehon hotel come on down the price is right, value for money.

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony, I could see the beautiful Kerry mountains
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helena O
Dear Helena,
It is great to hear you had a such are relaxing break here with us at The Brehon and thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are especially delighted with your comment that we are the best in Killarney, and I have passed your comments to all our staff. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 January 2014

i have stayed here before and have had spa treatments done , i love this special treatment so much my daughter got us both a night away for a christmas present , we had a great time together and it was lovely mother and daughter time x can't wait to go back again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank thorndale7
Dear Thorndale7,
I am delighted to read your review and to hear that you and your daughter had such a nice stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing both of you back again soon.
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel with large room and nice bathrooms. The staff was great and helped to arrange our Ring of Kerry tour as well as fulfilled some other minor requests we had. Great place to stay for visiting tourists!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James J
Dear James,
To be described as a 'great hotel and very friendly staff' is wonderful and it sums up exactly what we work hard at achieving here at The Brehon. We are all delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and thank you for sharing your experience with other trip advisor users.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Brehon on a 3 night midweek package. This was great value and worked out to €38 pp per night for 3 nights b&b. To stay at a top hotel at that price was extraordinary value. The hotel was quiet for our first 2 nights, both Wednesday and Thursday night. My girlfriend really enjoyed her spa treatment and had a great back massage. At one point we had the vitality suite to ourselves, which was great, this is the advantage of staying during midweek. Would also like to mention the accomadation staff , who never get enough credit in hotels. The room was cleaned every day to a great standard. Unfortunately at end of our stay my girlfriend picked up an illness and had to be brought to hospital in Tralee. The hotel were very accommodating and let is stay on in the room till 7pm on day of checkout, at no extra cost. There were also very good in offering us assistance. We have stayed in this hotel numerous times since 2009. We will be back again ! (Adrian room. 110)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John5840
Dear Adrian,
Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted your enjoyed your stay at The Brehon. I do hope your girlfriend is feeling better and you will be back to see us again soon.
Waterford
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed previously in the Brehon and loved it, so I was delighted to return for a friends wedding. It's a gorgeous hotel, beautiful rooms and just a lovely atmosphere around the place. The wedding was beautiful there and the meal one of the best I've ever had at a wedding. Only downfall was in the bar before we left to go to the wedding- ordered tea and scones and mentioned we were in a hurry. 15 minutes later no sign so returned to the same young lady serving behind the bar and she clearly didn't remember my order as she asked if I had already ordered - she promised to have it out quickly. Another 15 mins later it still hadn't arrived and we had to leave for the church. On the way out I caught who appeared to be the bar manager and said I wanted to cancel the order as we had to leave and we're waiting a half hour- she just said "oh ok" and that was that. It was very poor service but I also know it wasn't typical of the hotel. I previously stayed for a week with my husband and would have nothing but the highest praise for the staff.

That incident aside we have a lovely stay and I would return. Request a room with a good view! (And the upgrade is worth it!)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mags29waterford
Dear Mags,
Thank you for taking to time to write such a wonderful review following your stay at The Brehon. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us again. I was sorry to hear about your experience in the bar before you left for the wedding and we are re focusing our training on customer service in the bar following your comments. As you rightly pointed out this is certainly not the norm here at The Brehon and I want to thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.