“Relaxing stay”

The Brehon
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had a lovely break for two nights in The Brehon with my husband and son. Have to say staff are excellent and friendly. Enjoyed cocktails in the bar but would have liked a larger variety. Bedrooms were clean and modern.
Spa was lovely but pool was so cold I couldn't get in. Still enjoyed it though.
I will be returning soon :-)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Tigerlee,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you and your family had such a good stay with us. Thank you in particular for your feedback on our staff here at The Brehon, they are as delighted as I am with your comments. We have just launched a brand new Cocktail Menu and I do hope you will be back again to experience it. I have looked into the temperature recordings during your stay and they are at 30 degrees in the pool, but I will continue to monitor it.
I do hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Three of us spent a few hours relaxing at this fabulous spa on the 20th of February.Christina at reception was very welcoming and professional on arrival.Although busy, the service was excellant.My therapist Joy was wonderful,treatments were very good value for money.We were sorry that we could not stay longer but will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brid,

It is a pleasure to read your review and that your had a 'Fabulous Spa Break' with us recently. Joy is thrilled with you comments, thank you. I do hope you will be back again soon and get the chance to stay longer with us.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My mum and I were fortunate enough to enjoy a well earned, relaxing pamper break at the Brehon hotel in Killarney from 18th February for a two night three day break. As I have reported before on trip advisor The Brehon offers great value for money. The food is wonderful, staff efficient, professional and helpful, and our room was lovely, overlooking as it did the mountains which were snowcapped and majestic. The over 18 Angsana spa and health area is second to none. There is a Healing inspired swimming area.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear UKPosse,

Thank you for your review. It is our aim to provide exceptional service to all our guests and I am delighted that this was your experience when you recently visited us again. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed in the Brehon hotel in Feb. 2014. Having stayed here several times before we had to return. This stay lived up to our expectations, just as good as previous stays in every respect, fast and effecient check in, courteous and helpful staff and great food. Even when it was raining the door man went to our car to get our coats. The bed room was spotless with a very comfortable bed so a good nights sleep is assured. Good en-suite also with bath and seperate shower. Tea and coffee making facilities in bedroom . The pool and spa are good too. Will definately be back. Can highly recommend this hotel. There is also a shuttle bus to town centre from the hotel 2euro each way. Will definately be back.

Room Tip: rooms at front of hotel have mountain views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. As a valued customer it is great to hear that your are enjoying your stay with us each time you come back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Lovely hotel. Very spacious rooms and good views. The Spa is a bonus. Ate in the restaurant and had a very good meal. Fish was beautiful. Set in a lovely part of Ireland with wonderful scenery. Was there for a family and friends get together and we all enjoyed it, including the children of various ages.

Room Tip: High floor and at front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear LondonBluebell,

Thank you for your review. We work hard at providing the highest level of service to all our guests and to hear your comments makes all the hard work worth while. Thank you for sharing your experience of The Brehon. I am delighted to hear you and your family had such a good stay with us.
I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Myself and my fiancee had our first stay in The Brehon last weekend. From the moment we pulled into the car park we were overwhelmed and enveloped in the luxurious ambiance of the building. From the marble floors to the eclectic couches and many fires in reception, we were immediately made to feel relaxed and at ease. Check in literally took two minutes, the receptionist was very organised and had us filled in on the activities and booked in for dinner the following night in Danu.
The room was bright and airy and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was huge, with a separate shower and bath along with a large counter for all my beauty products (haha). The products supplied by the hotel for showering etc were great quality.
Within 10 minutes of us accessing our room, we had a courtesy call from reception to ensure everything was to our standard, which it was and beyond! Within 5 minutes of requesting an additional bathrobe it was present.
On our first night we stayed in the hotel bar, which has an incredible atmosphere, the smell of food was tugging at our heart strings. There was a great bustle in the crowd and the live music was very fitting with the atmosphere of the bar. I must say, I was expecting higher prices for drinks and was very much surprised at having change out of €30 for three rounds of pints and spirits with a mixer.
On our second night, we had dinner at Danu which we booked upon arrival. The food was second to none. My fiancee is a chef and generally is hard to please with food (sorry, but you are) however he had no complaints - miracle. The staff are very well informed in regards to the foods being served and the sommielier is an absolute gentleman. Not only were we well informed on the wines available he topped our glasses up whenever he passed and was extremely polite in conversation. My food allergies were completely catered to and our food arrived very punctually despite their being a large hen of about 20 people being seated at the same time.
The staff at The Brehon work very much as a team and like clock work. The service was flawless from house keeping to restaurant.

It's a great base for exploring the Ring of Kerry and beyond, and if you want to leave the car behind, you will only be 7 minute walk away from the centre of town.

We are already planning to come back.

Room Tip: We picked a deluxe double room and had plenty of space, the bathrooms are huge. Rooms at the back ar...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah C

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you and your fiancee had such a good stay with us. I have passed your lovely comments to all our staff and they are as delighted as I am with your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in The Brehon again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for one night just before the festive period and was very impressed with the overall set up! The room was a corner room on the fourth floor and although we were in the middle of a storm and couldn't see much, I've no doubt on a clear day you'd struggle to get better views anywhere in Ireland with Torc and Mangerton mountains and the lakes right outside the window.

As for the room, it was very large (I actually thought we had accidentally been given a suite) with a comfortable bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was beautiful also. Surprised it is only a four star and when compared to other four star's I've stayed in this was far superior.

Was good value for money and definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fred,

Thank you for sharing your experience of The Brehon with us and other tripadvisor users. We are delighted with all your comments and in particular it is great to hear that we have exceeded the standards of other five star hotels you have visited. We do hope to see you again soon.