“Above and beyond any other hotel.”
Review of The Brehon

The Brehon
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel gave outstanding service as we entered the hotel there was a girl washing windows she stopped what she was doing opened the door and said welcome all the staff were so friendly couldn't do enough for you, the spa rooms were so relaxing and again staff made u feel so welcome, will definitely be returning :)

• Stayed: March 2014
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Clover150,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We really are delighted with your comments. We strive to go above and beyond our guests expectations and are thrilled that this was your experience. Thank you so much for letting us and other tripadvisor users know.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We visited the Bar in the brehon for a family lunch over Christmas. While we had to wait for a table to accommodate the group, four adults, three kids that was not a problem. The service was of a surprisingly poor standard for a killarney hotel, waited ages for service, when the waitress eventually arrived she hadn't a clue. Drinks arrived in a bitty manner. We waited 40 minutes for any food to arrive, when it did, it came in stops and starts. So much so I had to remind the waitress that the last dish, a steak sandwich had not arrived - even though everyone else had finished. When it arrived it was so over cooked that it was inedible. I sent it back and when it arrived back out it was cold and no better.
As I went to pay the cashier she did everything bar ask me how the experience was (she had a good idea). Regardless, I said the the entire experience was disappointing. She did not charge for the steak sandwich which was little consolation considering how much of a let down the entire experience was. I will never return to the brehon, there are so many far superior restaurants and hotel dining experiences available in Killarney.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dalyhols
TheBrehonTeam, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Dalyhols,

It is with great disappointment that I read your recent review on Tripadvisor and I am truly sorry to hear of your experience when you visited The Brehon Bar with your family at Christmas. I want to sincerely apologise for the level of service you received which is no way reflective of the standards which we strive to provide to our guests. I have shared your feedback with our team and can assure you that we will use your feedback in a constructive manner. We work hard at ensuring all of our staff are trained to provide the highest possible standards to our guests and it is a huge disappointment to all of us here at The Brehon that we have failed in providing this for you. We welcome all feedback both positive and negative as it helps us to highlight when we are getting things right and indeed when we fall well below par. I would really like you to return to The Brehon and give us the opportunity to show you that this was not the normal experience of our guests who visit The Brehon Bar. I would appreciate if you would contact me to discuss further on 064 6630700.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brian Bowler

Reviewed 12 March 2014

one of my favourite hotels of all time. I always visit here when in Killarney. A very luxurious hotel yet reasonably priced. Spacious, comfortable, relaxing and excellent staff. Decided to stay here for a night recently and was everything I expected, efficient and friendly reception, beautiful well-kept rooms and excellent housekeeping. The breakfast was devine, high quality food and great choice. The angsana spa in the hotel is out of this world. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay or visit Killarney.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are delighted with your feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Everyone in the Angsana Spa in particular are thrilled with your review, thank you.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great staff, v helpful , lovely food, excellent facilities , warm, relaxing atmosphere . The smells were delicious in the foyer. Thsnk you all the staff .perfect location for concert. Loved all the little touches in our room. Overall Killarney and this hotel , I'll be back again really soon. X

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Nellie,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is great to hear you had such a good stay with us and we do look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I came here with my daughter for three nights! Fantastic meal, service second to none! Warm welcome on arrival. Staff most courteous. Spa was really good, had a lovely massage- relaxing, definitely worth it, one of the best I've ever had! The reception area is so cosy with its lovely fires and couches. Nice to balm out and read the paper. We had afternoon tea and it was simply delicious! Would definitely recommend. The bar food and wine is excellent also. There are lovely walks near the lake across the road and beautiful views of the mountains! Great location as you can walk into town in no time!

Dear Emza14,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Brehon. We are thrilled you and your daughter had such a good time during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Amazing stay from start to finish. Staff in both hotel and angsana spa were always so nice and helpful and always had a smile on their faces. Such amazing views from the room. Couldn't have asked to wake up to a better view. Not my first visit and definitely not my last.

Dear Emma,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here recently for two nights what a fantastic hotel from the moment we checked i n we were treated so special Linda on reception was one of the most efficient and warm welcoming person I have met in a long time to be fair all the staff were we ate the two nights in the hotel the food was amazing overall fabulous hotel thanks so much to all concerned

• Stayed: March 2014
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Snoopy036,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of The Brehon. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I have passed your comments to all our staff and they are equally thrilled.

We look forward to seeing you back in The Brehon again soon.

Kind regards,