“Cannot wait to go back!”
Review of The Brehon

The Brehon
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My mother, my two sisters and I went to The Brehon on our first break away together. I have to say, I have been to many foreign countries and quite a few counties in Ireland and nothing compares to my experience here. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and the staff of the hotel made our break. From arrival to departure, there was nothing we needed or no time where we were felt neglected with anything. I have to say a special thanks to Therese and the staff at reception and in the spa. It was wonderful and I really cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aoife O
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Aoife,

I am delighted to hear your Mom and sisters had such a good stay with us. The entire team here were thrilled to ready your lovely review, thank you.

We do hope you will all be back to see us again soon and we look forward to seeing you.

Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My third stay at this hotel. As always everything was perfect, the staff is excellent, the spa superb, the room was spotless and very quiet, the food was lovely. The only negative is having to leave this fine establishment. i will be back again.

2  Thank Rory C

Dear Rory,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us again. I'm afraid I am unable to do anything about your 'negative' but I guess you will just have to stay longer next time!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

we have stayed at the Brehon every year for the past 5 years and absolutely love it. It is relaxing and whenever have to worry about anything. The Angsna Spa adds the perfect touch.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner room are a lot more spacious
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Siobhan H

Dear Siobhan,

It is great to hear a valued customer reconfirm that we have retained our high standards during you stays over the past 5 years. We do hope to see you back again soon and thank you again for your lovely review.

Your sincerely,
Office Manger

Reviewed 20 May 2014

the Brehon hotel is situated outside Killarney town centre, about a fifteen minutes walk if you stride it out. In a lovely part of Killarney with the National Park just over the road. Also the river nearby. The hotel itself is an impressive building. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our room on the third floor was clean and well presented. The bathroom had a bath as well as a shower and all the usual shampoos etc. Breakfast was excellent every thing you could wish for. We were a party of 23 and I didn't hear any complaints during our stay.

1  Thank HEATHER D

Dear Heather,

It is great to read your lovely comments and thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you and your group had such a good stay. We do hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon. The service we received from the hotel was unbelievable. Once they found out it was our honeymoon, they upgraded the room free of charge, left strawberries and chocolates in the room. The staff were so good and a special mention has to go to Patrick in the bar who is great craic.

The breakfast is the nicest I've had in any hotel and covers all tastes but you just try the pancakes and the sausages!

We did get a treatment in the spa and loved it. I was so tempted to go back again the next day. Can't wait to go back again!

1  Thank itsadifferentkev
TheBrehonTeam, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear itsadifferentkev,

Congratulation again to you and your wife on your recent marriage. Thank you for your wonderful review and we are delighted to hear you had such a good stay with us. I passed your lovely comments to Patrick and he is thrilled with your feedback. We look forward to seeing you back in The Brehon again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Brehon is a stately property with a majestic mountain side view. The lobby is spacious as are its rooms. However, the hotel pretends to be a multi-star rated destination but forgets the "little things". Easy examples: one tiny bar of soap in each room, inadequate towels, and a staff that deems itself the rulers of the environment. This hotel requires that you use your room key card to keep the electricity running; however, when you leave the card in the slot and go touring, housekeeping staff on their own initiative, disable the card and the room electricity without thinking that a guest may be charging a laptop or mobile phone! Also, we could not find a card giving us the option to have our linens recycled or made new so the linens were recycled. I am in favor of corporations doing what is reasonable to enhance its bottom line but I refuse to patronize pettiness from an establishment that pretends to be a luxury destination.

Room Tip: Book a room in the front of the house

Dear BobofNewtn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your comments on our location and spacious hotel. It was however with disappointment that we read your feedback on the ‘little things’. Firstly I would like to clarify that the hotel is not part for a large corporation as you suggest. The hotel is an Irish owned local family run hotel and we pride ourselves in the personal service we provide and indeed the wonderful feedback we receive.
I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate our Award Winning Green Initiative in the hotel which we have in place to protect the environment and secure a greener future for everyone. It is common practice for hotels in Ireland to operate the key card system for operating electricity in bedrooms. It is hotels policy to remove any cards left in the slot otherwise it becomes almost pointless to run such a green initiative, however we will review this policy to try to accommodate any guests who may be charging items in the room while they are out.

I am sorry that our wonderful facilities and our award winning customer service did not outweigh the minor issues in your overall review of the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Fabulous 5 star hotel in a country setting surrounded by Kerry Mountains & Killarney National Park simply beautiful area. Hotel extremely clean, staff very welcoming, beds were so comfortable.
Great breakfast buffet & dinners delicious. Took a jaunting car ride through Killarney National Park this was so much fun. Really enjoyed my stay here & highly recommend this hotel. I was on a guided bus tour.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with gorgeous views of the mountains - very spacious room - there were 3 of us i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Susan,

It is great to hear you had such a great stay with us and thank you for your review. We do hope you will be back to visit us again.