Had an enjoyable stay in this hotel which I picked based on TA ratings and feedback.
Following my stay, here are my thoughts on the Brehon:
1. Great staff, very friendly and attentive;
2. Great breakfast: very good hot and cold buffet and a great selection of tasty breakfast options cooked to order for example, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, pancakes, poached eggs, fried plaice etc.;
3. Hotel is modern, impressive and is kept well, bedrooms are large and comfortable;
4. Restaurant food is very good, got a room rate that included a free meal for stay - try and get this option if can direct from hotel as is good value when included in overall cost of stay. Otherwise, starters are c.€10, Mains c.€25 and desert c.€8.
NEGATIVES AND SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS:
1. Our first room was very noisy as it was directly over the function room (wedding band, dj playing early into the morning). If not a guest attending the function, I would advise asking for room away from the function room (or on a higher floor where it may not be as noisy - we were on the 2nd floor) . Our second room (on the same floor) was very quiet as was on the otherside of hotel away from the function room and we slept no problem the following night with another wedding function on that night.
2. This hotel is beside the INEC (large concert venue). During our stay, there was two sold out concerts on over the weekend. The concerts result in the hotel carpark as well as the INEC car parks being full from around 8pm. Therefore after our day out and about exploring Killarney and visiting friends, we returned to the hotel to find the carpark full and were therefore directed to park beyond the holiday cottages which are behind the hotel by the car park attendents on duty for the concert; therefore we had an about 4 minute walk back to the front of the hotel which was not much fun in the heavy rain carrying a sleeping baby! Therefore if there is a concert on and bad weather, get back to the hotel early if have a car and want to be parked near the hotel. It maybe an idea for the Brehon to consider that the hotel carpark is reserved for hotel guests only, but I dont think this would be possible as the hotel carpark is very open with three entrances.
Other TA reviewers have noted that this hotel is c.15 minute walk into town. This is correct but is also true of alot of hotels in Killarney (some are even further out especially some of the other 4 star/5 star hotels) so I wouldn't be put off by its location and I would recommend it as a location for your stay in Killarney. It is not a bad walk into town (on main road) and the hotel is closer to the National Park as a result and there is a nice walk up to the Park from the hotel.
Overall, I would recommened the Brehon for a stay in Killarney and would agree with the positive ratings given by other TA reviewers. The hotel is modern, impressive and the friendly staff made our stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brehon is a luxurious hotel of unique grace and elegance set amidst Killarney’s breathtaking landscape. Each guestroom and suite reflects a contemporary blend of beauty, style and space. The Brehon also offers visitors a chance to relax and unwind in the Angsana Spa, the European flagship of the famous Thai celebrity haunt The Banyan Tree. The experienced Thai therapists offer a range of holistic spa treatments and massages to refresh and revitalise the spirit, mind and physical being. All treatments carried out in the Angsana Spa are 100% authentic Thai and use only natural ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Brehon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Brehon Hotel Killarney
- Brehon Hotel Killarney