“Amazing Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Brehon is a really fabulous hotel situated in the pleasant town of Killarney. The hotel is very modern and is one of the most spacious hotels i have ever been to. The lobby areas are massive and a great place to enjoy a coffee and read the paper.The Whole hotel is designed ia modern contemporary style. It has a very large car park and the staff are very helpful. The Hotel is very clean and their was a huge Christmas tree in the looby. There is also a noce mezzanine floor area. The Hotel has a great wow factor. Everything is so spacious and very tastefully designed. It is a 4 star hotel but is better than any five star I have ever stayed in. Who ever designed this hotel spared no expense and it is everything you could ask for. Well impressive. On par with any 4 or 5 star any where else in the world.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
SeanKillarney, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this review, 11 December 2009
I just wish to write to Thank you for taking the time to post a review to tell us about your stay at The Brehon. I was delighted to read you were impressed during your stay and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Sean O'Driscoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 3 December 2009

This is without doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. We had a suite, the biggest hotel room I've ever stayed in! Clean and beautifully decorated. We treated ourselves to massages in the Spa which were wonderful. We had glorious food in the restaurant, and the bar was lively and fun. Great location, and the staff were exemplary. Honestly I can't say enough good things about this hotel - I just can't wait to return. Fabulous!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in The Brehon and particularly your comments regarding our Spa & Restaurant Food.

Your feedback means so much to my Team here at The Brehon, so Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2009

stayed there1 night really big rooms and bed was gorgeous. really clean and staff lovely. bar downstairs is very interesting and had a really fun night there.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Many Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes,

Ireland
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I recently stayed at the Brehon hotel to attend a Wedding and cannot praise the hotel enough.

From the moment I rang the hotel to the moment I checked out I was greeted friendly, cheerful and helpful staff.

Our room was lovely, large, bright and spacious. I great that the windows open widely in the room as I do not like a hot room and hate when the window only open an inch.

The bathrooms were large with both a bath and walk-in shower. A large range of shower gels and bath oils were provided along with bottles of water. The empty fridge in the room was great. You had the option of getting a mini bar to the best of my knowledge.

The Wedding meal was great, with excellent service in a beautifully decorated room. The candles leading into the room was also a lovely touch.

The bar was nice and spacious with Music both nights that I stayed , however this music was not very loud . There was a good selection of drinks.

The reception area was comfortable and it was very relaxing to seat and read the papers that were provide free at Reception.

We had an excellent meal in the restaurant the next day and was served by the very friendly and helpful Carmel. There was a broad menu with a nice twist on dishes.

The Spa is a really treat and I would recommend Mod as a therapist. The relaxation room is wonderful and the treatments themselves are amazing. The fruit platter and herbal tea after your treatment is a nice touch. The changing rooms are nice and spotlessly clean.

The only thing I would suggest is if you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the function room as I know some people mentioned they could hear the music from the Wedding.

All in all I had a wonderful stay in the Brehon and am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank purpleiris26
Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at The Brehon. We have recently launched our new breakfast menu, so I am delighted to read you enjoyed it. Thank you also for your comments regarding the Spa & Restaurant Dinner - Feedback such as this means so much to our Team here.

Many Thank again,

Cork
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I am shocked to read the last review & would like to share with you the complete opposite - The Brehon is Fantastic - I am a very critical accommodation reviewer - I deal with hotels, accommodation around ireland frequently - The Brehon is simply the best in Killarney. Killarney boasts such a volume of accommodation options and yes many are very very good - but from the minute you walk into the brehon hotel you will feel and see what I mean - superiorly appointed, the greatest service provided, you are the guest and you will feel it. The rooms are all gorgeous, the spa is in my opinion the best, the thai ladies working there are simply angels and you will experience the greatest treatments - I was so surprised at the treatments I no longer went to my regular spa in cork! completely real and different and professional treatments - serenity. The aim of the staff at the brehon, from Mgt to the Porters is your comfort, relaxation, enjoyment - you will feel like the special guest and the customer is always right, even though you won't need to check that one out! your stay in killarney will always be an enjoyable, fun, interesting time but top it to your best trip by adding your stay to be at the brehon - and no, I dont have shares in the place :-) Enjoy - I cannnot wait to get back there again.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JP1974
Ireland
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Just arrived back from a two night stay .Sometimes when I read reviews on Hotels I wonder if we have stayed at the same place! Our bedroom was far from spotless. The shower head in the bath leaked very badly ...Each time I filled the bath the water was BROWN. The paintwork was shabby and carpets through out the hotel very badly stained.The Hotel is filled with Fake flowers and the lift on the third level looks like its come away from the wall. Not very reassuring for people who are afraid of using lifts.! As we were blessed with fine weather we were more than dismayed that we could not have bar food outdoors. There really are no outdoor facilities there at all. Smokers beware if you want to have a cigarette with your pre or post dinner cocktail you have to wind your way to a miserable dungeon at the base of the hotel!
On the plus side the staff throughout the hotel are faultless. The breakfast was pleasant.Dinner in the restaurant was really good and bar food well presented and served byw pleasant & obliging staff.
The spa was excellent and staff there friendly and efficient. Treatments are quite expensive. Pool and leisure facilities were spotless .

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank miggi
cork
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Had a great break in this beautiful hotel. Lovely for a treat to escape from reality.....rooms are spacious, staff helpful , food delicious and spa worth visiting.
Check out their website as there are some good offers available.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple